Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Senior Pair Free

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    snowflake, I guess I just didn't love them the way I had hoped to post-
    "Fascination." I think Cody fades into the background a bit too much. He's worked on his expression and the difference isn't as intense as say, the Ukranian pair V/M. But also keep in mind that Dube/Davison skated about as well as they did, if not better, at worlds 08 after I had pretty much written them off (yes, I'm an idiot. I also wrote of Chipeur and Joubert and Wier and my dog Skip....), so L/H were definitely a come down.
    Yes, this is season is eerily similar to the 2008 season D/D had. I give full props to them for sticking with that triple twist. Many people were saying that they should get rid of it last year but it just shows that perseverance pays off! I seriously still cannot get over that program. I haven't gotten chills like that in a very long time! I'm so happy for L/H as well!

Custom Title
    For a combination, the base values of the jump are simply added together and you have the base value of the combo. For a sequence, the sum of the base values is than multiplied by a factor of 0.8, on the basis that sequences are easier than combos and shouldn't be worth as much.
    Thanks!

I'm from Sudbury, so even though I love Anabelle and Cody, I think you all know who we were pulling for in this house.

So sad for Megan and Craig right now. I wonder if they'll stick around or not. It was one hell of a fight and they left it all out there. They just ran out of time w/Megan's injury in the mix.

Jess and Bryce though...OMG!! That was stunning!!! That's the Jess and Bryce of Worlds 08 and if they can skate like that in a month from now?

That truly was something special.

Custom Title
    Happy for D/D, thrilled for L/H, so sad seeing the devastation on Craig's face. Is he officially retiring after this season? I suppose he could always stage a comeback...Hongbo Zhao is 36 years old. Meagan's only 24, she can always aim for 2014.
    Last edited by Scout; 01-16-2010 at 02:46 PM.

Medalist
    Just finished watching the pairs--live. D & D were phenomenal...there were many eyes with tears in them! Scores were inflated--just like at the other nationals that have taken place or will be. My heart goes to D & B. I thought they should have been in 2 after the short, behind D & D, and should have taken the silver. They bring something to the ice that is missing with L & H who skated a nice performance but lacked excitement.
    Is the Olympic team definitely the top two or are previous results and 4 Continents factoring in to the decision (as I thought I read)? Internationally this season, D & B and L & H had similar scores in two different competitions (2 points difference with L & H having the higher score.
    Saw Craig in the lobby. He was graciously signing autographs but looked disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by scs View Post
    My heart goes to D & B. I thought they should have been in 2 after the short, behind D & D, and should have taken the silver. They bring something to the ice that is missing with L & H who skated a nice performance but lacked excitement.
    Is the Olympic team definitely the top two or are previous results and 4 Continents factoring in to the decision (as I thought I read)? Internationally this season, D & B and L & H had similar scores in two different competitions (2 points difference with L & H having the higher score.
    Saw Craig in the lobby. He was graciously signing autographs but looked disappointed.
    I'm pretty sure it will be L/H who will be going - they beat D/B by quite a marain here - 8 points or so I think. For me, D/B are just too messy and rough. I prefer the gentleness of L/H.

Not too easy for L/H to skate after DD's magical performance, I imagine.

snowflake, I guess I just didn't love them the way I had hoped to post-
    "Fascination." I think Cody fades into the background a bit too much. He's worked on his expression and the difference isn't as intense as say, the Ukranian pair V/M. But also keep in mind that Dube/Davison skated about as well as they did, if not better, at worlds 08 after I had pretty much written them off (yes, I'm an idiot. I also wrote of Chipeur and Joubert and Wier and my dog Skip....), so L/H were definitely a come down.
    Poor all those great skaters that don't have the natural gift to perform. Sure it can be worked on, like Kristoffer Berntsson has, a born shy guy. But I think it is even more difficult for a pair skater. I often see how they concentrate and feel their responsibility not to lose control and drop the lady.

But also keep in mind that Dube/Davison skated about as well as they did, if not better, at worlds 08 after I had pretty much written them off (yes, I'm an idiot. I also wrote of Chipeur and Joubert and Wier and my dog Skip....), so L/H were definitely a come down.

As for the "it'll be close" comment, well, refer back to the "I'm an idiot" part. I thought it would be closer.
    Haha, who can ever know.......... I am just wondering what did L/H so much better than D/B.(that you didn't see ) So how did Skip surprise you then?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    Yes, this is season is eerily similar to the 2008 season D/D had. I give full props to them for sticking with that triple twist. Many people were saying that they should get rid of it last year but it just shows that perseverance pays off! I seriously still cannot get over that program. I haven't gotten chills like that in a very long time!
    I so hope they can skate like that at the Olympics next month. Things had gone pretty far downhill for them, but they finally, once again, looked like true champions here. Class of the field by a mile.

I had no preference between L/H and D/B. D/B looked rough, and I think that was what made the difference. However, they have so much more excitement and presence than L/H, who are pretty, but don't have nearly the power, that it was really a toss up in my opinion. I hope this ends up being the right decision for the Canadian team. D/B are much more mentally tough competitors, so in that sense, perhaps sending them to the Olympics would have been a safer bet.

Custom Title
    I guess I saw guts and fight with D/B. Except I recognize that those things don't translate to good GOE's/PCS (except indirectly, as in fighting for a landing and holding on is better than falling). Truthfully, I was rooting for D/B and L/H to be the Olympic team, simply due to sentiment.

Skip has a glorious barking axle - it's very impressive. But not quite as impressive the Ugly duckling's quad. But you know me, quads don't impress me much. I much prefer the level four footwork of Decko the gecko.

I'll stop talking now.
    Last edited by ImaginaryPogue; 01-16-2010 at 06:44 PM.

D/D long program is up on the CBC website I'm off to watch it over and over

Custom Title
    can this be viewed outside Canada? If so, do you have a link?

Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post

Thanks!!!
    I'm not sure if it will work but give it a try:
    http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/ID=1387763522

Custom Title
    THANK YOU!!! Finally I was able to see this beauty!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post

Thanks!!!
    ys you can! I'm in Italy!

Custom Title
    I'm not sure if it will work but give it a try:
    http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/ID=1387763522
    THANKS!!!!!! It worked and it was SOOOOOOOOOO GREAT to watch!!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast