Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Senior Women's Free

Custom Title
    It is so encouraging watching Canadian ladies competition these days. I remember a time when any one of the the top 6 ladies here today could have won the title with the skates they had — at one time if a lady managed to perform 3 clean triples it was a minor miracle.

Joannie was perfect. Finally a skate this season that makes me hopeful for her for the Olympics. She didn't look scared or tight. I also cheered for Phaneuf, whose short program was exceptional. She managed to keep it together in the LP for the first time in a long while. She has such amazing performance quality.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    I'm not Canadian but have been a Joannie fan for the last few years.
    You know something, this is something that drives me nuts and is not a slam against you bigsisjiejie. Just something that I really, really, hate. I'll say that I'm a huge fan of say...Mao around here at home and friends of my Parents will instantly jump on me w/...

"Why would you cheer for her? She's not Canadian after all."

Yes, and?

So what if I like someone/a team that's not Canadian. It doesn't mean I'm not going to want our Canadian athletes (As skating isn't the only sport I follow. I'm also a huge Alpine Skiing fan) to well or not cheer for them. Of course I'm going to cheer for them a bit harder, but I'm still also going to be pulling for my other Favourites from other Countries too.

Sorry for the rant, but that really ticks me off when it happens.

Wow oh wow....Joannie was amazing!! That's the Joannie we saw last season and I think going home and starting again from scratch after the GPF was the best thing in the World she could have done. That was just an incredable performance.

Loved her reaction though when she heard Brenda Irving call her the now Six Time Canadian Champion. I've never seen Joannie's eyes pop out quite like that before.

Would have liked to have seen both all of Cynthia's skate *and* her reaction to her marks and finding out she's going to Vancouver. PJ just announced at the start of the Free Dance they'll be showing it during the flood. Couldn't believe it when we suddenly went from Cynthia skating to a boxing match on Bold. At least they're going to do the right thing and rebroadcast it.

I am so thrilled for Cynthia!! I'm not sure what happened between SC and now, but that fire's back and, of course I didn't see the entire program, but I don't think I saw her once reach for the ice or look like she was on a landing the last two days. Now that is a very good thing!!

Not so sure about the Costume *colour wise*, as I don't think it flatters Cynthia's skin colour tone all that well. I do like the new Costume design wise though.

All in all, that was a pretty good Final Flight of skating.

Good Luck in Vancouver Joannie and Cynthia!!!

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Joannie's LP has been posted to the CBC website!
    http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/ID=1387972177

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Joannie's LP has been posted to the CBC website!
    http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/ID=1387972177
    Thanks!

Joannie, wow.

I havent watched it but just checked out the protocol and it looks like Joannie was clean?

Custom Title
    Yep.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    You know something, this is something that drives me nuts and is not a slam against you bigsisjiejie.
    Sorry if I upset you. I didn't mean anything harmful or toxic or even hidden. But I will take your comments as a slam and I won't return to the Canadian competition boards but instead will stay elsewhere on GS. You are just too touchy. Goodbye.

Down With It
    Well there you go. She goes into Olys on a high note.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Sorry if I upset you. I didn't mean anything harmful or toxic or even hidden. But I will take your comments as a slam and I won't return to the Canadian competition boards but instead will stay elsewhere on GS. You are just too touchy. Goodbye.
    ????

Who is the touchy one here?? Tigger specifically stated he/she was talking about attitudes of particular people that he/she knows in real life, and also specifically said he/she was not slamming you, nor was he/she even talking about YOUR attitude!! The wording of your post just reminded him/her of that frustration; othewise the content of his/her post is completely sympathetic with your sentiment.........
    Last edited by amateur; 01-16-2010 at 09:56 PM.

Custom Title
    Awesome! Thanks for the link. It was so nice to see Rochette in such command, fantastic!

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Thanks for the link!

"This is a good day!" Love it. Wow. That was EFFORTLESS. It was like watching a practice session. No doubt, no hesitation, no nerves, just pure joy and pure skating.

Custom Title
    congratulations to Joannie for the supperb LP!

Congratulations to Cynthia for making the team and wish her have a 5-6 triple LP in the Olympics! She looked so determined .

Custom Title
    Thank you SO MUCH for posting the CBC link to Joannie's long program. What a gorgeous skate! And the choreography is so intricate and lyrical--she and Lori Nichol have done each other proud. The footwork! And some of the slides or whatever they are, those little moves that pull us into the music, are as ravishing as the music. I just love that they used the "Mon coeur s'ouvre a ta voix" slow part as well as the Bacchanale.

I hope Rochette skates exactly this splendidly, or even more so, for the Olympics. That will be a beauty to behold.

And as an extra added attraction, the commentary of Tracy Wilson and Kurt Browning.

I also want to thank CBC for posting Rochette FS online. A very confident and powerful performance. 144 is definitely too high but I would like to see the protocol. I bet that she wishes that was her Olympic performance. Hope she can keep the feeling for the Olympics. It going to be a shoot out. I wonder what she did to turn the ship around? It's like night and day from GPF. I knew she would be back... congrats Joannie on your triumphant 6th national title!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast