Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Senior Women's Free

Custom Title
    protocols

Note that the PCS scores are multiplied, and they give you the factored total, not the standardized one (as done in international events).

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I hope Rochette skates exactly this splendidly, or even more so, for the Olympics. That will be a beauty to behold.
    A beauty to behold it was. OMG! Joannie! This is the kind of performance I've been waiting for since the debut of this program! If she skates like that at a certain competition in Febuary, the Pacific Coliseum is going to explode!!!!

Custom Title
    Thanks for the link!
    Even though that video didn't really run smoothly on my computer, I could see Joannie did really well! Congratulations, Joannie!!
    It was just like watching Joannie from last season. Solid, confident Joannie! Wow.

Custom Title
    Congratulations, Joannie! Such a beautiful and classy lady!!

Custom Title
    Disappointing free for Amelie... I hope she gets sent to 4CC at least.

Tripping on the Podium
    I liked Joannie's program ever since she skated that really well at Japan Open at the start of the season and I'm really glad she topped that one with her skate at nationals. That was such an AMAZING skate!!!

Tripping on the Podium
    Yes, the scoring at this nationals was very inflated, but honestly, if Yu na can score ~134 in the long with only 5 triples, repeating the lowest scoring one (toe), and not even attempting a flip or loop, I don't see why Joannie can't score ~140 with a seven triple program that repeats Salchow as opposed to Toe-loop, where all types of triples are attempted and successfully landed. And Yu na, like it or not, is somewhat vulnerable to an edge calle on her flip, while Joannie never gets any edge calls. I have been watching figure skating competitions for years, and Joannie has some of the cleanest, most proper technique on her jumps that I have seen. Plus, they are HUGE. Easily deserving of a +2. It is difficult to appreciate just how good her jumps are until you see them in person. That triple loop she did in the long was probably the best I have ever seen from a lady skater. She doesn't have the best spins or spirals, but then neither does Yu na. I know this makes me sound like a Joannie uber, but I'm not. I am just amazed by the quality she displayed yesterday. What she does not have is Yu na's nerves, but she did say that she was very nervous before the long yesterday so...

It's really anyone's game in Vancouver. What looked to be a one-horse race suddenly doesn't look so certain. Joannie has proved she can deliver the goods. If she skates clean, she can win. If Yu na skates clean, she can win. If Mao skates clean, she can win. If Miki skates clean, she can win. I also have a feeling that the short program will be a lot closer in terms of scores than it has been so far. I can't seen Yu na having a 15 point lead going into the long. I think the judges, if they have the chance based on the performances, are going to make sure everything is decided by the long, not the short. I, for one, am REALLY looking forward to Vancouver!!!

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by persimmon View Post
    Yes, the scoring at this nationals was very inflated, but honestly, if Yu na can score ~134 in the long with only 5 triples, repeating the lowest scoring one (toe), and not even attempting a flip or loop, I don't see why Joannie can't score ~140 with a seven triple program that repeats Salchow as opposed to Toe-loop, where all types of triples are attempted and successfully landed. And Yu na, like it or not, is somewhat vulnerable to an edge calle on her flip, while Joannie never gets any edge calls. I have been watching figure skating competitions for years, and Joannie has some of the cleanest, most proper technique on her jumps that I have seen. Plus, they are HUGE. Easily deserving of a +2. It is difficult to appreciate just how good her jumps are until you see them in person. That triple loop she did in the long was probably the best I have ever seen from a lady skater. She doesn't have the best spins or spirals, but then neither does Yu na. I know this makes me sound like a Joannie uber, but I'm not. I am just amazed by the quality she displayed yesterday. What she does not have is Yu na's nerves, but she did say that she was very nervous before the long yesterday so...

It's really anyone's game in Vancouver. What looked to be a one-horse race suddenly doesn't look so certain. Joannie has proved she can deliver the goods. If she skates clean, she can win. If Yu na skates clean, she can win. If Mao skates clean, she can win. If Miki skates clean, she can win. I also have a feeling that the short program will be a lot closer in terms of scores than it has been so far. I can't seen Yu na having a 15 point lead going into the long. I think the judges, if they have the chance based on the performances, are going to make sure everything is decided by the long, not the short. I, for one, am REALLY looking forward to Vancouver!!!
    But Yuna usually builds a good lead from her short, and she rarely makes mistakes in her short which allows her the room to make mistakes in LP and still be able to win if others do not skate perfect. The SP is actually very important for determining the winner nowadays. So if Joannie wants to give Yuna a run of her money, then she can't afford to fall in her short at the Olympics. I also hope Mao does not make silly mistakes in her SP, as she is prone to in the past. I also wish for a fierce competition in Vancouver

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    But Yuna usually builds a good lead from her short, and she rarely makes mistakes in her short which allows her the room to make mistakes in LP and still be able to win if others do not skate perfect. The SP is actually very important for determining the winner nowadays. So if Joannie wants to give Yuna a run of her money, then she can't afford to fall in her short at the Olympics. I also hope Mao does not make silly mistakes in her SP, as she is prone to in the past. I also wish for a fierce competition in Vancouver
    That is true, but do not foget Joannie secured her silver in LA with a flawless SP, because she was she wasn't error free in the LP there, so it was the other way around. So, in theory she could do both, but she never had a clean back to back skate in both. that is the bug headache, do you see that happening in the pressure cooker in Vancouver?I hope it does, but I would not bet on it.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by persimmon View Post

Very good analysis. Could not agree more. I think the skater who attempted all 5 triples and no edge call should get bonus points.

Custom Title
    Well said persimmon.

Quote Originally Posted by amateur View Post
    ????

Who is the touchy one here?? Tigger specifically stated he/she was talking about attitudes of particular people that he/she knows in real life, and also specifically said he/she was not slamming you, nor was he/she even talking about YOUR attitude!! The wording of your post just reminded him/her of that frustration; othewise the content of his/her post is completely sympathetic with your sentiment.........
    For starters, I'm a She.

Second...Colour me confused too, as that was not the intent of my post at all. Just to point out how frustrating it is to be a fan of athletes from other countries when you say you are in Real Life. Frankly, I actually couldn't understand why on a Figure Skating Message Board that has fans posting from all over the World someone would say, "I'm not Canadian, but I'm a fan of Joannie's...", as isn't that the point of the board? For us to talk about *all* of our favourites?

Oh well...I've had worst things said to me over the years and that doesn't even come close.

After finally getting to see all of Cynthia's LP last night....WOW!!! Even w/the bobbles, it's *still* huge step up from SC. I was in tears afterwards and am so very, very happy for her she's getting to live her Olympic Dream after all she's been through!!

On the Ice
    Does anyone has a youtube video of Joannie's LP? the one that's one there has been removed.
    Thanks

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sernando View Post
    Does anyone has a youtube video of Joannie's LP? the one that's one there has been removed.
    Thanks
    Click this link: http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/ID=1387972177 and type Joannie Rochette and click "search video" at top right of the screen and it will start to play.

Rinkside
    Hi guysl

I'm looking for the name of the tango type music that Diane Szmiett skated to, I believe in her long program? If anyone recalls this or knows where I can find a video/this info it'd be great.

Many thanks in advance!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast