Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Senior Women's Free

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    So do we have the team?
    yes. Rochette and Cynthia for sure now.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    If the scores are 10% inflated, as somebody said they were on the Original Dance thread, we would have approx. a 130 for Joannie.
    That's good for her, now she just needs to be more consistent in her SP and then she might even contend for the gold

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    Nationals are marked up about 10% so that translates into 129. She received almost 127 at the Japan Open and she had a mistake there so it's not that ridiculous.

Cynthia was so cute at the end!!! Good for her for making the Olympic team!
    I think this at Japan Open would've scored 130+ - she landed a 3+2 to open things off there, but the second jump was clearly under-rotated. She landed a 3+2+2 here, no URs, and likely positive GOE.

Anyway, she gave a seven triple performance that was easy and beautiful. Overscored? Yep.

Custom Title
    Some brilliant quality in that program from Cynthia! Good for her for keeping that program, it really came alive here. 2 popped jumps, she didn't really outjump the other ladies in this flight, but the quality of everything she did was completly top notch, far and away superior. Great spins too! Cynthia has some real potential for international medals if she can keep building on this and find some consistency.

Custom Title
    I'm realy happy for joannie!!!so so so happy!! she's my second favourite and I wish her to skate like this in vancouver!! 144 inflated? yes..but if a yuna kim can score a 135+ with a not so flawless program, joannie can score 140 with a perfect program!! she has beautiful jumps and her long ths year is one of my favourite of all time! she leaves in it!!

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amateur View Post
    Some brilliant quality in that program from Cynthia! Good for her for keeping that program, it really came alive here. 2 popped jumps, she didn't really outjump the other ladies in this flight, but the quality of everything she did was completly top notch, far and away superior. Great spins too! Cynthia has some real potential for international medals if she can keep building on this and find some consistency.
    I agree, I really liked the fire and quality of Cynthia's LP performance.

Question: Is Joannie the only one out of YuNa, Mao, and Miki to have skated clean this year? Or did Miki and Mao do so at their Nationals?

Condolences to Joannie Rochette and her family cosmictears10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amateur View Post
    Phaneuf is Gorgeous!!! what a dress!
    I agree completely!

YuNa has not skated a perfect Gershwin (her LP) at a competition, yet. And even so, it doesn't have 7 triples...

ooh, the Oly's are sure going to be interesting. :x

Custom Title
    I think Mao was clean, had ~135 in the fs at nationals with a 3A, Miki finished 4th.

Rochette better skates like that in Vancouver. Force a certain Korean Lady to actually put everything she has out there.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Question: Is Joannie the only one out of YuNa, Mao, and Miki to have skated clean this year? Or did Miki and Mao do so at their Nationals?
    Miki didn't skate clean at Nationals. Mao skated clean but she had URs in some of her jumps. Has Joannie done 7 clean triples at an international event before?

Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Has Joannie done 7 clean triples at an international event before?
    Several times, I think.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I assume you are talking only about LP. Miki did not at nationals, or at any of her events. Mao technically was clean at her Nationals, but she did not attempt both triple axels (she scored 135.50).

Yu-na has yet to be perfect in her freeskate this season. The highest she got was a 133.95 at TEB with a almost perfect freeskate, sans the flip.
    Last edited by Tinymavy15; 01-16-2010 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Has Joannie done 7 clean triples at an international event before?
    The most recent was at the Japan Open earlier this season around September.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast