Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Senior Free Dance

Custom Title
    Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir: Mahler's 5th

This is the program of the season. Blissful.

Quote Originally Posted by beabstress View Post
    I hope Kaitlyn Weaver wasn't watching and laughing at the fall, the way she did backstage when Lefebvre/Markov had all those troubles in their FD in 2007--troubles which led to Weaver/Poje medaling at Nationals.
    Gosh i missed that but if that happened its very disrespectful. I prefered C/P anyway. Still wish ice dance had 3 teams.

Banned
    Yeah for C/P!

I don't like the "goose lift" change...I prefer the jump exit over the new lift exit...
    Last edited by jettasian; 01-16-2010 at 09:29 PM.

Custom Title
    Crone fell IMMEDIATELY after PJ Kwong said "the wonderful thing about this team is that you never know what's coming next...".

Crowd seems to have preferred W/P by a lot.. I can support the C/P decsion - thought they were superior in the OD anyway. But mighty close....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    Yeah for C/P!

I don't like the "goose lift" change...I prefer the jump over the lift...
    Agreed, but I see why they did it, and I still like it.

So what will the scores be? 110?

107.82/221.95 - you know, that's not outrageous for the free dance.

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    89.61/184.40/2nd – not enough. They're very disappointed. Audience doesn't like it
    Oh man. I really like their FD.

To lose an Olympic berth by 0.3 points. Ouch.

ETA: Looking at the protocols, it seems that W/P had a higher base value, but C/P beat them in terms of GoE and thus TES overall. C/P also had the better PCS scores.

After ladies, iam surprised the ice dance scores were like international scores and not higher as usual in national events.

Custom Title
    V/M: I think the goose lift is much improved with this new exit actually!

The lift and spinny elements were all gorgeous here. The overall program though - while lovely, there is something that is still not quite gelling for me. I hope they can smooth and polish it in a month's time for maximum impact

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by amateur View Post
    Crowd seems to have preferred W/P by a lot.. I can support the C/P decsion - thought they were superior in the OD anyway. But mighty close....
    Yeah, I was cheering for C/P. I'm thrilled they are going to the Olympics (wish we could send three teams). I was gutted for them when Vanessa fell - thought it was over, but I think the right decision was made. I too thought they were superior in the OD.

Virtue and Moir were just absolutely perfect, enchanting, enthralling. Watching them skate is just breathtakingly beautiful. I'm pulling for them to win Olympic gold.

On the Ice
    Such a shame we can't send 3 ice dance teams...they are sooo close. I do prefer the programs of Crone and Poirier, they seem cleaner, but WOW what a future for Canada in Ice Dance! They are all so young! Loved Ralph and Hill also. I have watched Scott and Tessa for years and they are just impeccable!

Custom Title
    I wish I watched them for years. I first saw them just under two years ago. Worlds, 2008, FD. Love at first sight, I swear.

Custom Title
    I prefer C/P as dancers to W/P, but W/P's free dance is really well choreographed. I continue to be very impressed with Shae-Lynn's work this year!

On the Ice
    The first time I saw them was as Juniors in 2001 (I think, in Saskatoon). They did a flamenco number and her sleeves were huge and they were about a foot shorter than everyone else on the ice. We thought they were so cute...and then we saw them skate and were blown away! The next year they won Juniors. Just fantastic. I think he has more musicality than any other male ice dancer out there!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by amateur View Post
    I prefer C/P as dancers to W/P, but W/P's free dance is really well choreographed. I continue to be very impressed with Shae-Lynn's work this year!
    Agreed. I think over the next few years Bourne's status as a choreographer will simply increase. She's marvelous.

They should have been able to have 3 ice dance teams , shame. 3 pairs would have been nice also. Heartbreakers having 2.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast