Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Senior Free Dance

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nevergonnadance View Post
    One could also argue that S&P were overscored by the N.A. judges and that idiots Sandra Bezic and Scott Hamilton screaming to holy hell because they thought S&P had the gold created the scandal, and that the judge thing was the scapegoat. I don't think the judges has ever said that she believes S&P deserved to win the lp and if she did IMO she's not a very good judge.

What do you suggest needs cleaning up? Give the highest placement to the person who skates cleanest in the eyes of the general public because they are unable to perceive other elements of the program such as skating quality and difficulty of elements and grades of execution?
    1. I never said the latter. I was arguing against it, and as a rule, I'm against the public deciding things like this

2. Was she simply a scapegoat? Because I recall her admitting that she was pressured to vote the way she did. Did that not happen? Has it been misrepresented, because if that's the case, I'd like to know.

3. FWIW, I think the long program in 2002 could've gone either way fairly. It went one way, unfairly.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    I hate to wake you folks up, but it is 2010 now, not 2002!!!!! GET OVER IT ALREADY. I can't believe people are still stuck on that. Anyway,Tracy Wilson pretty much explained why Vanessa and Paul placed second over W&P. It was one of those pretty close races. In ice dance, one little waver of an edge can be costly.

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    crone/poirier over weaver/poje ANY day.

If your outside Canada like me and could not watch the live stream or the V/M clip of their free dance at the cbc site ( could find nothing on yt either) i was pleasantly surprised the taped live coverage of the Gala actually worked, and they showed both Joannie's free and V/M freedance during a break in the gala.

Rinkside
    If you want the General Public to have a say - you should watch Skating with the Stars!

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    ...you can phone in more than once...tell the neighbours..tell Aunt Nellie.

Rinkside
    If she appeals I will be severely angry. I have also read some comments from Weaver and I am not at all impressed with her attitude. At least D/B showed some class when they finished third - saying it sucked but it would have sucked for whichever team finished third. Weaver is portraying a "poor, poor us" attitude
    Hey everyone, I'm just new to this board and read the whole thread, I was just wondering what comments etc. you guys are talking about, because this doesn't sound at all like the Kaitlyn I know :(

Custom Title
    They didn't say anything bad, just that the crowd reaction spoke volumes or something like that, which could be taken more than one way. I think they said something close to that. And that they did everything they could on the ice.

The one thing I'm not crazy about is if you praise your own good sportsmanship. Like, I think after congratulating C&P she said we will always show sportsmanship. I know what she means but it's better to not comment on your own.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7