10 Andrea Chong / Guillaume Gfeller QC

11 Kharis Ralph / Asher Hill CO
12 Allie Hann-McCurdy / Michael Coreno EO
13 Vanessa Crone / Paul Poirier CO
14 Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje NO
15 Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir WO

i love to skate

Medalist
I hate when real life interferes with skating competitions....I can't watch this live either. It's a friend's birthday tonight but I would much rather stay home and watch skating. Does that make me a bad person? :p

happy hollow

Rinkside
I hate when real life interferes with skating competitions....I can't watch this live either. It's a friend's birthday tonight but I would much rather stay home and watch skating. Does that make me a bad person? :p

I hope not, I went through the same thing last night!!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I wish there were three spots. I feel mean rooting for W/P or C/P over the other. W/P have the better program, but I see more potential from C/P. I want both to go.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Rebecca Fowler / Iliya Koreshev

Engaging beginning, but slow. Twizzles in attitude position to start things off. Deduction for slip (fall, I think, but I missed it). Step sequence is extremely slow. Very simple footwork. He's singing along. Cool transition lift. Did I mention that they were slow? Because they are. Enjoyable, playful, though. If this is the worst free dance of the night, it's gonna be a great night.

59.85/118.39/1st

Scout

Final Flight
I wish there were three spots. I feel mean rooting for W/P or C/P over the other. W/P have the better program, but I see more potential from C/P. I want both to go.

More potential to do well at the Olympics, or in the future?
I also wish there were 3 spots...in all events. My heart broke for Craig and Meagan this morning, even though I wanted Annabelle and Cody to get the second spot.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Sarah Lysne / Christopher Steeves: Selections from Astor Piazzola

Melodramatic beginning. Powerful presence. Okay combo lift. Twizzles out of sync on second set; first set with leg extended. Curve lift sorta scary (very fast, little wild). Spin slowed in the end. Again, choreography quite simple. Not bad, but interest wavered a bit. They're both very happy with how the skated.

64.88/124.66/1st

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
More potential to do well at the Olympics, or in the future?
I also wish there were 3 spots...in all events. My heart broke for Craig and Meagan this morning, even though I wanted Annabelle and Cody to get the second spot.

Both, but I meant this year.

Helene Letourneau / Kevin Boczar: Cirque de Soleil

Wierd costumes. Good opening lift (straight line). Good serpentine lift (great speed going in). Iffy “through the legs” transition. Wierd “cirque” hand gestures. Spin nicely done. Circular steps okay. Twizzles not great (laboured, imo). They're quite happy. Not as crazy as I thought it would be (hoped). Also, I noticed something before PJ did, so I'm happy.

64.61/125.67/1st

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Sophie Knippel / Benjaman Westenberger: Schindler's List

This music makes me cry. Nice combo spin – beautiful position from her. Okay combo lift. Good choreography in circ.steps, but mediocre execution. Transitions/linking footwork isn't great. Couldn't tell twizzle synchro – he went out of the camera shot (first bit was a bit off). Don't think they're gonna get high levels in general. Laboured curve lift – I don't like that they rushed the position changes. Doesn't quite capture the depths of the music, but I've choreographed this piece in my mind whenever it comes on my iPod, so take this with a grain of salt. Or slab of shale.

69.14/134.39/1

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Sarah Arnold / Justin Trojek: “Don't Cry for Me Argentina”

Opened with terrific speed. Solid combo lift. Oh, these vocals are atrocious. Turn them off now. Nice skating. Mirrored twizzles (which I don't ever like). Oh goodness, the singer is awful. Nice step sequences. Transitions in spin not good. Lifts well timed with musical highlights to give sense of power. She likes the audience size (in KnC)

74.47/142.19/1st

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Megan Wilson / Marcus Connolly: “Meditation by Massenet”

Odd beginning. Twizzles not done well. Lovely rotaitonal lift. Okay dance spin. Okay curve lift. Okay combo lift. Boring dance.

67.18/136.27/2nd

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Mylene Girard / Jonathan Pelletier: Beatles Music (from Across the Universe)

Solid dance spin. Lovely straight line lift. Okay twizzles. Program is building speed . Nice rotational lift. Good reverse rotational lift. Have some pizzazz that I've been missing, but could use a bit more. GORGEOUS final transition lift.

80.41/160.20/1st

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Karen Routhier / Eric Saucke-Lacelle: Libertango

Good combo lift. Good twizzles (free leg extended on first one). Spicy. Stumble/mis time in circ. Steps (drop in GOE/level?). Great straight line lift. Good curve lift. Solid spin, if a llittle slow at the end. Loved the flavour and choreography of the piece. A little fight going on in the end (the beginning was terrific). He got right into it (she less so). Nice details. I quite liked it.

Cute moment in KnC with him looking for his mom in theh audience.

75.55/156.98/2nd Deduction for overlong lift

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Tarrah Harvey / Keith Gagnon: Chapling soundtrack

Funny costumes. Busy twizzles. Nice rotational lift. Cute Chaplinesque additionas to footwork. A little awkward in the transitions of the dance spin. Great job keeping the character of the piece going (do I lose points if I say they do a better job than Oda?). He nearly does the splits a couple times (intentional.... I think). Enjoyable

84.21/166.91/1

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Andrea Chong / Guillaume Gfeller: Once Upon a Time in the West

Her costume is very “mistress of pain.” Good first set, okay second set of twizzles. Lift down on one knee – is that legal? Good combo lift. He's very pretty, my goodness. Okay curve lift (I thought it was straight line, as there was no curve, but PJ says curve). Rotational lift, so I guess first llift is non scoring?

79.04/162.58/2nd