Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Senior Free Dance

Custom Title
    Megan Wilson / Marcus Connolly: “Meditation by Massenet”

Odd beginning. Twizzles not done well. Lovely rotaitonal lift. Okay dance spin. Okay curve lift. Okay combo lift. Boring dance.

67.18/136.27/2nd

Custom Title
    Mylene Girard / Jonathan Pelletier: Beatles Music (from Across the Universe)

Solid dance spin. Lovely straight line lift. Okay twizzles. Program is building speed . Nice rotational lift. Good reverse rotational lift. Have some pizzazz that I've been missing, but could use a bit more. GORGEOUS final transition lift.

80.41/160.20/1st

Custom Title
    Karen Routhier / Eric Saucke-Lacelle: Libertango

Good combo lift. Good twizzles (free leg extended on first one). Spicy. Stumble/mis time in circ. Steps (drop in GOE/level?). Great straight line lift. Good curve lift. Solid spin, if a llittle slow at the end. Loved the flavour and choreography of the piece. A little fight going on in the end (the beginning was terrific). He got right into it (she less so). Nice details. I quite liked it.

Cute moment in KnC with him looking for his mom in theh audience.

75.55/156.98/2nd Deduction for overlong lift

Custom Title
    Tarrah Harvey / Keith Gagnon: Chapling soundtrack

Funny costumes. Busy twizzles. Nice rotational lift. Cute Chaplinesque additionas to footwork. A little awkward in the transitions of the dance spin. Great job keeping the character of the piece going (do I lose points if I say they do a better job than Oda?). He nearly does the splits a couple times (intentional.... I think). Enjoyable

84.21/166.91/1

Custom Title
    Andrea Chong / Guillaume Gfeller: Once Upon a Time in the West

Her costume is very “mistress of pain.” Good first set, okay second set of twizzles. Lift down on one knee – is that legal? Good combo lift. He's very pretty, my goodness. Okay curve lift (I thought it was straight line, as there was no curve, but PJ says curve). Rotational lift, so I guess first llift is non scoring?

79.04/162.58/2nd

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Final Flight!!!

Go Ralph/ Hill, Weaver/ Poje and Virtue/ Moir!!

It's a real shame that Canada can't send 3 teams. I really like all three of W/P, C/P and V/M.

Thank you imaginarypogue for doing the pbp!!!

Custom Title
    No problem

Kharis Ralph / Asher Hill: Marigold//Waltz for Evelyn

Nice rev.rotational lift. Nice stationary lift. Lovely twizzles. Lovely rotational lift. Odd pair spin. Complete delight from start to finish – I had a goofy smile plastered on my face the entire time. Charming skaters, and they kept the joie de vivre percolating throughout.

85.84/170.04/1st

Custom Title
    How utterly charming and classy a FD from Ralph/Hill. Maybe a bit slower toward the end? Great dancers, these 2, real dancers. Last year I thought he overshadowed her, but she's improved. Canada has some fabulous young teams!!

Banned
    That yellow colour's reall ugly....

Custom Title
    Allie Hann-McCurdy / Michael Coreno: La Strada

Clever combo lift with nice exit. Nice steps. Solid twizzles. Cool spin, if a little slow. Really committing to the lightness. Little stumble, but I might have imagined it. Neat rotational lift. Not quite La Strada (I prefer Takahashi's by far), but a solid skate nonehteless. Marina thought it was very nice, but you know she's just waiting for her big guns to come out (just kidding, folks)

82.67/168.31/2nd - fine with the scores, though they seem a little surprised to have moved down.

Banned
    I really like C/P...too bad she fell...ouch...I'd still send them to Vancouver though.

Custom Title
    Vanessa Crone / Paul Poirier : Nocturne/Bohemian Rhapsody

Good costumes. Glorious combination lift. Beautiful movement that my feed is insisting on chopping. Beauty of the stationary lift. Crone falls halfway through the twizzles (irony moment – PJ mentions you don't know what's coming next). Good straight line lift. Good footwork in diagonal step sequence. Solid pairs spin. Great rotational lift. Beautiful ending. Well, they left the door open (Carol Lane: “It was a nice dream while we had it” - but with a lightness of tone.). There's disappointment there, but they know they're good, that they'll learn from this and grow. She has a great smile, though there's a bit of stone-faced disappointment with him.

89.93/184.70/1st – huge scare there where the scores were recorded as 0 on the thing there. Wow.

Custom Title
    Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje: Phantasia

Love the rotational lift. Stumble on the circ.steps from Poje. Good twizzles. Solid pair spin (don't like the hand action from her. Unecessary). Good combinaiton lift. GORGEOUS curve lift!!! A little slower than at Skate Canada, it feels, but that could just be my feed. This music really works for them. I think they've got it. Now I feel bad for C/P. Kwong talking about the circ.steps stumble – maybe costly (if they didn't complete the circle? I don't recall)

89.61/184.40/2nd – not enough. They're very disappointed. Audience doesn't like it

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    I really like C/P...too bad she fell...ouch...I'd still send them to Vancouver though.
    I hope Kaitlyn Weaver wasn't watching and laughing at the fall, the way she did backstage when Lefebvre/Markov had all those troubles in their FD in 2007--troubles which led to Weaver/Poje medaling at Nationals.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje: Phantasia
    89.61/184.40/2nd – not enough. They're very disappointed. Audience doesn't like it
    Wow. So I guess she was not laughing this time.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast