Senior Pairs Long Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Senior Pairs Long Program

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
because it adds drama?

really hoping the Florida pairs get to go to Vancouver, wouldn't that be a story.

Trewyn

Medalist
They landed the 3A?? Woot! Now I can go to bed :) Go Rena and John! I hope they make the Olympic team!

katymay

Medalist
OMG this is freaking awesome! forget colorado, it's all about Florida this year!

Jeremy's worked so hard for this for so long it seems... I'm SO SO SOSOSOSOSOSOSO happy for him (for them)... wow... I'm in tears...

Just scanned the judging panel (can't watch till later due to football) and it is rather a surprise that Fla teams would do well. Just sayin'

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't think so... their SP was uninspired... and while Rena is fab, John leaves a lot up in the air for me...

NBC color commentators are pointless... I miss Terry Gannon.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
I can't believe I'm saying this, but Inoue and Baldwin got screwed!
Without seeing the details, the SBS 3T hurt since John only did a double so it would be counted as a SBS 2T. Amanda fell on the throw 3Lz, but you could see from her landing that it was fully rotated.

Going into the long, Evora/Ladwig were ahead of Inoue/Baldwin by .99 points. In the long, I/B finished ahead of E/L - but only by .30. If their score had been higher, they would be in 2nd.

jcoates

Medalist
I wonder if the second sbs 2a was downgraded for I/B. I can't see how they could be third otherwise. Still, the closeness in their score to E/L could factor in if you take the GP performances into account as the USFSA says they will.

gold12345

Medalist
Without seeing the details, the SBS 3T hurt since John only did a double so it would be counted as a SBS 2T. Amanda fell on the throw 3Lz, but you could see from her landing that it was fully rotated.

Going into the long, Evora/Ladwig were ahead of Inoue/Baldwin by .99 points. In the long, I/B finished ahead of E/L - but only by .30. If their score had been higher, they would be in 2nd.

Yeah, that's true. At least it was close because I don't believe either team really out-shown the other today. I thought the throw 3A would push I/B over the edge though.

mystichaze

On the Ice
Wouldn't it be something if the USFSA did this right and name D/B and E/L to the Olympic team? They both deserve to go in my opinion.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Amanda is so overcome with emotion!!!!

and finally Sandy and I agree....

Shaba22

Final Flight
RESULTS:

1 Caydee Denney / Jeremy Barrett 63.01+127.29=190.30
2 Amanda Evora / Mark Ladwig 58.76+115.02=173.78
3 Rena Inoue / John Baldwin 57.77+115.41=173.18
4 Brooke Castile / Benjamin Okolski 55.64+114.31=169.95
5 Keauna McLaughlin / Rockne Brubaker 52.55+113.18=165.73
6 Caitlin Yankowskas / John Coughlin 62.09+102.74=164.83
7 Amanda Dobbs / Joseph Jacobsen 55.32+97.34=152.66
8 Tiffany Vise / Don Baldwin 51.88+97.74=149.62
9 Molly Aaron / Daniyel Cohen 52.19+94.41=146.60
10 Marissa Castelli / Simon Shnapir 49.28+93.25=142.53
11 Tracy Tanovich / Michael Chau 49.00+87.56=136.56
12 Andrea Best / Trevor Young 45.73+85.15=130.88
13 Kendra Moyle / Steven Pottenger 49.22+79.42 =128.64
14 Ameena Sheikh / Aaron VanCleave 49.87+77.86=127.73
15 Lisa Moore / Justin Gaumond 44.15+82.10=126.25
16 Laura Lepzinski / Ethan Burgess 42.47+77.38=119.85

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Wouldn't it be something if the USFSA did this right and name D/B and E/L to the Olympic team? They both deserve to go in my opinion.

Actually, this is one situation I'd send D/B and I/B to the Olympics. Evora/Ladwig haven't been received that well by intl judges even with decent skates. I/B, if they skate reasonably clean, have enough gravitas with intl judges to do OK. How we all feel about Baldwin is less relevant.

As for "doing right" I'm not in the camp you that you automatically send the top 2, esp with these scores practically identical. I'd send E/L to 4CC, naming them as alts to Olympics.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Actually, this is one situation I'd send D/B and I/B to the Olympics. Evora/Ladwig haven't been received that well by intl judges even with decent skates. I/B, if they skate reasonably clean, have enough gravitas with intl judges to do OK. How we all feel about Baldwin is less relevant.

As for "doing right" I'm not in the camp you that you automatically send the top 2, esp with these scores practically identical. I'd send E/L to 4CC, naming them as alts to Olympics.

I agree with this opinion.

cornell08

Final Flight
Tonichelle, ditto on Rena > John. I'm happy for the two Florida teams but I wasn't sure if Inoue/Baldwin should have been behind Amanda/Mark...anyone care to explain this? Congrats to the top two :clap:

gold12345

Medalist

I agree with this opinion as well. It's as if USFS has completely forgotten how its teams score internationally. Evora and Ladwig do not break 100 points in a LP internationally....ever. I know USFS seems to dislike Inoue and Baldwin, but they have had much better international results than Evora and Ladwig in recent years. Isn't it about sending the two teams who will place best for you at the Olympics? Nationals is one competition... Should a 2-day event really be the be all and end all? I don't think that makes it "fair"... I think it makes it nonsensical.

But Evora's happy tears are adorable and this must feel amazing for them. They've been around for so long and were never really able to break through Nationally. First time ever in the top 3 at Nationals, and now they have a great shot at making the Olympics? Who would have thought? Good for them.

Last edited:

pista04

On the Ice
Why I am sad: McLaughlin and Brubaker had the heart...and the skill...but just couldn't make it happen. It wasn't a question of if they could do it, but would they. Sadly, they couldn't. My heart breaks for them. Going into this, I expected not only them to make up group into top 3, but also for Yankowskas/Coughlin to not do hot...and, although I was right, It broke my heart. They definately won me over tonight. Loved their program, and without the falls it could have been magical, and I would not have thought twice about if they deserved an olympic spot.

Why I am happy: Denney/Barrett did what we all hoped they would do, and killed it out there, but they were expected to. The most moving was the unexpected showing of Evora/Ladwig, and I am soo excited for them. I truly hope that they get named to the games. They have the heart, and definitely have the skills out of the American pairs.