Thread: Changes

Custom Title

Changes

177 skaters/couples from 38 ISU members have been entered for the Championships. All skaters/couples will compete in the Short Program/Compulsory Dance and Original Dance, and the top 20 Men and Ladies and the top 16 Pairs/Ice Dance couples will proceed to the Free Skating.

Custom Title
    Only 20 to the free skating in men/ladies? Is this some new rule?

Medalist
    Yes, this is a new rule valid from this season, there are similiar changes also for 4CC and Worlds. Also the first group of skaters qualified for long program/free dance will skate several hours earlier as the other skaters.

Custom Title
    Is there anyone that could explain to me why the first group skate before the others?
    I'm slightly confused... it just seems to me it's like they don't want the first group to have an audience while skating..? Or am I wrong?
    Last edited by Engwaciriel; 01-18-2010 at 05:37 PM.

Custom Title
    Who knows? Maybe there are some TV reasons...

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Engwaciriel View Post
    Is there anyone that could explain to me why the first group skate before the others?
    I'm slightly confused... it just seems to me it's like they don't want the first group to have an audience while skating..? Or am I wrong?
    As far as I know, there is no audience (no tickets) for the first group in the worlds for example. I could never understand the logic since it's been announced.