Changes | Golden Skate

Changes

Shaba22

Final Flight
177 skaters/couples from 38 ISU members have been entered for the Championships. All skaters/couples will compete in the Short Program/Compulsory Dance and Original Dance, and the top 20 Men and Ladies and the top 16 Pairs/Ice Dance couples will proceed to the Free Skating.

Ivana

On the Ice
Yes, this is a new rule valid from this season, there are similiar changes also for 4CC and Worlds. Also the first group of skaters qualified for long program/free dance will skate several hours earlier as the other skaters.

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
Is there anyone that could explain to me why the first group skate before the others?
I'm slightly confused... it just seems to me it's like they don't want the first group to have an audience while skating..? Or am I wrong?

Last edited:

schiele

Final Flight
Is there anyone that could explain to me why the first group skate before the others?
I'm slightly confused... it just seems to me it's like they don't want the first group to have an audience while skating..? Or am I wrong?

As far as I know, there is no audience (no tickets) for the first group in the worlds for example. I could never understand the logic since it's been announced.