Arrivals of the athletes in Tallinn | Golden Skate

Arrivals of the athletes in Tallinn

hauteor

On the Ice
What's up with the Firebird theme this year =S ???
What's going to happen in Sochi? Everyone will be either firebirds, nutcrackers or swans...

N

n_halifax

Practice videos! ;)

Domnina Shabalin OD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q8lLWe9HLo
And Khokhlova Novitski new FD!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft288pV4Hvo

Love the Firebird costumes... this team reminds me of a present day Bestemianova and Boukine or Klimova and Ponamorenko. Just great! But what is going on with Domnina and Shabalin? This doesn't look like they've made any real progress - straight line footwork is a mess IMO. Sorry, just calling it how I see it.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
What's up with the Firebird theme this year =S ???
What's going to happen in Sochi? Everyone will be either firebirds, nutcrackers or swans...

Firebird never been used in ice dancing. K/N are the first with this music and I think it's good for them. Can't wait to see the whole program

oxade21

Match Penalty
Looks like K/N created my new favorite program of the season. And Dom/Shabs look much much better.

hauteor

On the Ice
Firebird never been used in ice dancing. K/N are the first with this music and I think it's good for them. Can't wait to see the whole program

What I ment was that Lysacek is using it in his SP and Yukari Nakano in her FS this year...

N

n_halifax

What I ment was that Lysacek is using it in his SP and Yukari Nakano in her FS this year...

One of my favourite performances of The Firebird was Toller Cranston's version of it. Very, very musical and expressive. Tonia Kwiatkowski used it in 1995 and 1996 as her short program and it was a huge success for her as well - in 1995 she beat Kwan and Bobek (both were huge stars and favourites at the time) in the short program at Nationals.

Ivana

On the Ice
Practice videos! ;)

Domnina Shabalin OD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q8lLWe9HLo
And Khokhlova Novitski new FD!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft288pV4Hvo
Domnina & Shabalin look better then at Nationals, but it's still not great especially the twizels were :unsure:, well at least they are now a bit faster.

As for Khokhlova & Novitski's new program, well it's better then the red mess from the begining of this season. I actually liked the last run a lot. But someone should explain them that throwing your leg above your head 10 times in a program every season is getting kinda boring.

hauteor

On the Ice
For sure, only no one bothered to make a news clip about them =)

Everyone competing in mens, pairs and dance have arrived- the ladies aren't here yet as their competition is that much later.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Brian Joubert or the Israelis arrived yet?
Brian was due in Tallinn this evening. This was the FFSG's decision, he said he'd have preferred to arrive earlier. I imagine by now he should be there. The French ice dance teams are obviously there already - here are some pics + a few shots of other skaters. Passion Patinage is such a great resource! I'm trying to improve my French, what little there is of it ;).

No idea about any of the Israelis: this would be the Zars, who still need to officially meet their national criterion (ludicrous, I agree), Tamar Katz who needs to finish 14th or higher, Maxim Shipov (getting into the LP would be a stunning achievement) and a new pairs team, I don't remember their names.

futureidol

On the Ice
Wow Dom/Shab look worlds better! So proud of them for their marked improvement, esp Maxim. They are just the sweetest and cutest ever! :love: Keep improving Oksana and Max! You can do it! Any vids from the Kerrs? Love them too.

Stéph is such a cutie. OMG his accent was so cute when he said "Vancouver". He speaks English so well, like fellow countryman Roger Federer. How can they do that? I only speak a tiny bit of French and Japanese.