Custom Title

US Four Continents Team Named

For Pairs:
    Castile/Okolski
    McLaughlin/Brubaker
    Yankowskas/Coughlin

Alt 1: Castelli/Schnapir
    Alt 2: Best/Young

Interestingly, there were other couples between Y/C and B/Y, but not sure why they were passed over (or declined). Tanovich/Chau of course are age-ineligible but not the others.

Mens probably will be known within next 24 hours. USFS is doing a per discipline rollout. We can add info to this thread as it becomes known.

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    I am waiting somewhat patiently for the Canadian and American (men)'s teams to be announced - once I learn anything I will update the list once again. I suspect it will only be a week or less before the thread I started can be renamed from 'projected' to 'confirmed entries' anyway.
    Last edited by n_halifax; 01-18-2010 at 03:39 PM.

US Mens Team: Bradley, Rippon, Mroz.

Custom Title
    ^^ And US Alternates for 4CC are:
    Alt 1: Armin Mahbanoozadeh
    Alt 2: Douglas Razzano
    Alt 3: Alex Johnson

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    Thanks for this information!

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    US Mens Team: Bradley, Rippon, Mroz.
    really hope Ryan goes... and kicks major butt

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    really hope Ryan goes... and kicks major butt
    Agreed. And from the known and presumed list of entries, I think with 2 fantastic skates, he could even grab the gold medal.

wouldn't that just be awesome!

Custom Title

Nearly Impossible Timing

The selected 4CC USA team for ladies and dance has a horrible next 72 hours in store. I was just calculating that the earliest the team members could leave for Seoul would be Sunday morning, and the earliest they would arrive in Seoul would be late afternoon/early evening MONDAY local Korea time (remembering that crossing the Int'l Date Line means moving forward in time). Then they have an overland trip to get to the competition city. So they get into their hotel fairly late Monday evening the 25th. Missing the first day of official practice completely. Have one day (26th) to get over jet lag AND practice. Compete on the 27th. This is insane. I can't believe the ISU couldn't have put the men and pairs in the first half of the schedule and dance/ladies in the second half...which is how Europeans is set up, after all.

Edgy Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    The selected 4CC USA team for ladies and dance has a horrible next 72 hours in store. I was just calculating that the earliest the team members could leave for Seoul would be Sunday morning, and the earliest they would arrive in Seoul would be late afternoon/early evening MONDAY local Korea time (remembering that crossing the Int'l Date Line means moving forward in time). Then they have an overland trip to get to the competition city. So they get into their hotel fairly late Monday evening the 25th. Missing the first day of official practice completely. Have one day (26th) to get over jet lag AND practice. Compete on the 27th. This is insane. I can't believe the ISU couldn't have put the men and pairs in the first half of the schedule and dance/ladies in the second half...which is how Europeans is set up, after all.
    Well, I guess USFSA could have scheduled the Nationals a bit better???

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinga View Post
    Well, I guess USFSA could have scheduled the Nationals a bit better???
    Your comment shows quite a bit of ignorance. US Nationals has been scheduled where it is for many many years running, and there are excellent reasons for having it when it is. It is 4CC which is the "new" competition kid on the block. What you are saying is, US Nationals should kowtow to the ISU, right? Fat chance. In the scheme of things, few people take 4CC seriously anyway. And especially in an Olympic year, it's a nuisance competition.

But if you think it's such a great idea, please propose the dates that US Nationals SHOULD have been.

mylastduchess
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Your comment shows quite a bit of ignorance. US Nationals has been scheduled where it is for many many years running, and there are excellent reasons for having it when it is. It is 4CC which is the "new" competition kid on the block. What you are saying is, US Nationals should kowtow to the ISU, right? Fat chance. In the scheme of things, few people take 4CC seriously anyway. And especially in an Olympic year, it's a nuisance competition.

But if you think it's such a great idea, please propose the dates that US Nationals SHOULD have been.
    What are you angry about? geez

well, it WOULD have worked better had the USFSA not kowtowed to NBC and done the split weekend schedule... in 2006 they were able to pull it off because they moved Nationals up a week or so.

it's just the olympic season that everything is mushed because they want 4CC before the olympics

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    well, it WOULD have worked better had the USFSA not kowtowed to NBC and done the split weekend schedule... in 2006 they were able to pull it off because they moved Nationals up a week or so.

it's just the olympic season that everything is mushed because they want 4CC before the olympics
    Is the split weekend schedule getting NBC the benefits they were expecting or is it too early to tell yet? I've heard mixed reviews from fans/spectators, and I don't know how the competitors, families, and coaches feel.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    What are you angry about? geez
    I'm annoyed not angry. The poster I responded to is sitting over in Europe, and I have little tolerance for what I perceive to be an arrogant European, which is how that poster came off to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast