bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
For Pairs:
Castile/Okolski
McLaughlin/Brubaker
Yankowskas/Coughlin

Alt 1: Castelli/Schnapir
Alt 2: Best/Young

Interestingly, there were other couples between Y/C and B/Y, but not sure why they were passed over (or declined). Tanovich/Chau of course are age-ineligible but not the others.

Mens probably will be known within next 24 hours. USFS is doing a per discipline rollout. We can add info to this thread as it becomes known.

N

n_halifax

I am waiting somewhat patiently for the Canadian and American (men)'s teams to be announced - once I learn anything I will update the list once again. I suspect it will only be a week or less before the thread I started can be renamed from 'projected' to 'confirmed entries' anyway. ;)

Last edited:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
^^ And US Alternates for 4CC are:
Alt 1: Armin Mahbanoozadeh
Alt 2: Douglas Razzano
Alt 3: Alex Johnson

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Nearly Impossible Timing

The selected 4CC USA team for ladies and dance has a horrible next 72 hours in store. I was just calculating that the earliest the team members could leave for Seoul would be Sunday morning, and the earliest they would arrive in Seoul would be late afternoon/early evening MONDAY local Korea time (remembering that crossing the Int'l Date Line means moving forward in time). Then they have an overland trip to get to the competition city. So they get into their hotel fairly late Monday evening the 25th. Missing the first day of official practice completely. Have one day (26th) to get over jet lag AND practice. Compete on the 27th. This is insane. I can't believe the ISU couldn't have put the men and pairs in the first half of the schedule and dance/ladies in the second half...which is how Europeans is set up, after all.

Kinga

Medalist
The selected 4CC USA team for ladies and dance has a horrible next 72 hours in store. I was just calculating that the earliest the team members could leave for Seoul would be Sunday morning, and the earliest they would arrive in Seoul would be late afternoon/early evening MONDAY local Korea time (remembering that crossing the Int'l Date Line means moving forward in time). Then they have an overland trip to get to the competition city. So they get into their hotel fairly late Monday evening the 25th. Missing the first day of official practice completely. Have one day (26th) to get over jet lag AND practice. Compete on the 27th. This is insane. I can't believe the ISU couldn't have put the men and pairs in the first half of the schedule and dance/ladies in the second half...which is how Europeans is set up, after all.

Well, I guess USFSA could have scheduled the Nationals a bit better???

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Well, I guess USFSA could have scheduled the Nationals a bit better???

Your comment shows quite a bit of ignorance. US Nationals has been scheduled where it is for many many years running, and there are excellent reasons for having it when it is. It is 4CC which is the "new" competition kid on the block. What you are saying is, US Nationals should kowtow to the ISU, right? Fat chance. In the scheme of things, few people take 4CC seriously anyway. And especially in an Olympic year, it's a nuisance competition.

But if you think it's such a great idea, please propose the dates that US Nationals SHOULD have been.

M

mylastduchess

Your comment shows quite a bit of ignorance. US Nationals has been scheduled where it is for many many years running, and there are excellent reasons for having it when it is. It is 4CC which is the "new" competition kid on the block. What you are saying is, US Nationals should kowtow to the ISU, right? Fat chance. In the scheme of things, few people take 4CC seriously anyway. And especially in an Olympic year, it's a nuisance competition.

But if you think it's such a great idea, please propose the dates that US Nationals SHOULD have been.

What are you angry about? geez

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well, it WOULD have worked better had the USFSA not kowtowed to NBC and done the split weekend schedule... in 2006 they were able to pull it off because they moved Nationals up a week or so.

it's just the olympic season that everything is mushed because they want 4CC before the olympics

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
well, it WOULD have worked better had the USFSA not kowtowed to NBC and done the split weekend schedule... in 2006 they were able to pull it off because they moved Nationals up a week or so.

it's just the olympic season that everything is mushed because they want 4CC before the olympics

Is the split weekend schedule getting NBC the benefits they were expecting or is it too early to tell yet? I've heard mixed reviews from fans/spectators, and I don't know how the competitors, families, and coaches feel.

Kinga

Medalist
I'm annoyed not angry. The poster I responded to is sitting over in Europe, and I have little tolerance for what I perceive to be an arrogant European, which is how that poster came off to me.

I am sorry that I offended you sooo much. I just thought what you said sounded a bit strange - that ISU should adjust to the USFSA schedule. MY guess is that it should be other way around, it is just my opinion, that I have a right to convey. Thank you for crucifing me for that and judging me as arrogant basing on one sentence that was an opinion and a guess/question. And why so much unjustified anger towards Europeans? Sorry, but If anyone came off arrogant here, it was you..

Sylvia

Record Breaker
2010 U.S. Four Continents Ladies Figure Skating Team
Amanda Dobbs
Alexe Gilles
Caroline Zhang
Alternate No. 1 - Melissa Bulanhagui
Alternate No. 2 - Becky Bereswill

2010 U.S. Four Continents Ice Dancing Team
Madison Chock and Greg Zuerlein
Madison Hubbell and Keiffer Hubbell
Jane Summersett and Todd Gilles
Alternate No. 1 - Lynn Kriengkrairut and Logan Giulietti-Schmitt
Alternate No. 2 - Trina Pratt and Chris Obzansky
Alternate No. 3 - Shannon Wingle and Tim McKernan

USFS press release (announcing the Olympic, World and Four Continents teams and alternates): http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=44109&type=media

M

mylastduchess

how many US ladies passed on a spot... Wagner, Cohen, Gao, Liang, Hughes, Csizny