US Four Continents Team Named | Page 2 | Golden Skate

US Four Continents Team Named

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
I'm annoyed not angry. The poster I responded to is sitting over in Europe, and I have little tolerance for what I perceive to be an arrogant European, which is how that poster came off to me.

So you're saying that the person isn't allowed to disagree with the USFSA because of the continent he/she is from? To attribute a personality attribute to someone merely by virtue of their continent origin (there was NOTHING in that post that was directly and obviously arrogant) amounts to nothing but xenophobia, making you the arrogant one for calling him/her out on a harmless comment.

As an American, I actually have to agree that the USFSA could be better at scheduling the event. Yes, Nationals have been there for a while. Yes, 4CC is newer than US Nationals, Yes, 4CC is an awkward event during the Olympic Season. All this said, in a rapidly globalizing world, we can't ignore the world just because we've done so in the past. What the original post suggests is that US ladies skaters and ice dancers would have benefited immensely from their respective competitions being even a few days earlier, which would not interfere with this notion of traditionalism that you're striving for.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The real problem is that NBC insisted that US nats be held over 2 weekends, so the skaters basically have to go from one competition to another with no rest at all in between. And this applies to the top men and pairs, since they had to stay in Spokane for the gala.