Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: US 2010 Worlds Team

Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    With his two quads, he didn't even beat the quadless Lysacek (well, fall on quad in LP) and Weir at Nationals.
    he didn't lose it in the Free, he lost it in the Short. He beat two of the three Olympic team members with his LP... but it was too big of a deficit to creep up and nab the third spot.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    He's going! And he says he's going to attempt two quads in the LP !
    So it's official that Ryan Bradley is replacing Evan Lysacek?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    he didn't lose it in the Free, he lost it in the Short. He beat two of the three Olympic team members with his LP... but it was too big of a deficit to creep up and nab the third spot.
    Yup he was 2nd in the FS, only Jeremy beat him, and Jeremy did a quad too.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Is anybody else worried that with the withdrawal of Tanith and Ben from Worlds, US dance could lose one of its spots? I expect Meryl and Charlie be on the podium but will Samuelson and Bates and/or Navarro and Bommentre finish high enough to keep the third spot?

Whippet Good!
    I don't think it'll be a problem. S/B placed 11th at the Olympics, and at least 3 teams ahead of them won't be at Worlds. I think the US is in good shape to get 3 spots in dance next year.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    I don't think it'll be a problem. S/B placed 11th at the Olympics, and at least 3 teams ahead of them won't be at Worlds. I think the US is in good shape to get 3 spots in dance next year.
    I agree. I can see Davis/White finishing 1st or 2nd and Samuelson/Bates finishing 8th or 9th. 13 or less is what they need to reach with their combined placements, so it should be doable.

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    I can see the US only having two spots in each division after these worlds - how embarrassing will that be?

Quote Originally Posted by #1Kerryfan View Post
    I can see the US only having two spots in each division after these worlds - how embarrassing will that be?
    not very. the world will still go around the sun, and the US will be in somewhat of a rebuilding period. Oh well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by #1Kerryfan View Post
    That's not very likely though, unless Jeremy and Ryan both bomb and the European ladies are all spot on and push our girls down the rankings. I don't see that happening though considering the high score Jeremy got for his subpar FS in Vancouver, Mirai's LP score there, and Rachael's LP score with 2 downgraded triples. I'm also not convinced some of the medal favorites in all disciplines won't make mistakes with the pressure of the Olympics off, they could be a bit unfocused. It could happen though, but the US team is made up of tough competitors, I don't think they will let us down.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    It will be quite a tribute to US men if our top two are missing and we still get the 3 spots. Which I think will happen.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    It will be quite a tribute to US men if our top two are missing and we still get the 3 spots. Which I think will happen.
    Is Ryan still going or did he injure himself? I'm still confused. But if the team is Jeremy, Ryan, and Adam I think we should be able to get 3 spots.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    He's still going; I meant Evan & Johnny as the missing top two.

Custom Title
    I would think the combination of Jeremy and Adam should be quite enough to qualify the US for 3 spots. The depth in mens is admirable.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Binthere View Post
    I would think the combination of Jeremy and Adam should be quite enough to qualify the US for 3 spots. The depth in mens is admirable.
    I agree, plus if Ryan is having a good night then he can be right up there too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2