Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Senior Mens Free Program

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Chipeur ended up last and second last in his two events. He didn't land a combo at a single one of them. His PCS tanked along with him. I haven't seen the skates yet, but Chipeur has Reynolds beat on speed and edge quality. He's not great in that regard, but a 12 point difference is reasonable.
    Exactly. Reynolds is still pretty much all about the jumps - and he just rubs me the wrong way - I can appreciate the jumps when they are clean but that's about it. Vaughn was exciting and engaged the crowd - he also had a large lead over Kevin after the short program.

Custom Title
    I must say I was very impressed with Kevin Reynolds improvement artistically. And would have been happy to see him named to the team but on the other hand Vaughn who did not have a stellar season showed here that he is quite capable of representing Canada.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8rdad View Post
    I must say I was very impressed with Kevin Reynolds improvement artistically. And would have been happy to see him named to the team but on the other hand Vaughn who did not have a stellar season showed here that he is quite capable of representing Canada.
    I am very impressed with Reynolds. He jumps like Tara did...and never really misses. I don't get the draw of Chipier at all. Sorry, but he seems to skate very wooden for me. Nice to hear that Chan skated well, I can't wait for the performance to come up on youtube. If he puts two program together like this at the olympics I would not be surprised to see him medal. He has improved a lot since Skate Canada.

I always thought Kevin Reynolds jump like Flatt and he even look like her. I'd rather much prefer Vaughn so much more.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Vaughn nor Kevin do it for me. It's really too bad Shawn and Joey can't be more dependable competitors.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    I always thought Kevin Reynolds jump like Flatt and he even look like her. I'd rather much prefer Vaughn so much more.
    He looks like those boys from Norman Rockwell's drawings.

Custom Title
    what I dont get is didnt Skate Canada say they were going to look at Grand Prix events and not only Canadians - how can they say that and then send Chipeur who totally totally taked both GP assingments - it makes Skate Canada look foolish and surely sneds a confusing message to the other skaters. I appreciate that KR didnt exactly shine in GP either but as a much younger skater , he has some excuse as he is still very much developing whereas Chipeur should by now be able to at least place in the top half of a GP Event.
    Is it possible that Skate Canada may send a different team to Worlds - if so , when do they announce that ? and what about 4C event - I kow the Olympic skaters arent going but is Canada still sendign a team?

Thaks for any input

Quote Originally Posted by gottadance View Post
    what I dont get is didnt Skate Canada say they were going to look at Grand Prix events and not only Canadians - how can they say that and then send Chipeur who totally totally taked both GP assingments - it makes Skate Canada look foolish and surely sneds a confusing message to the other skaters. I appreciate that KR didnt exactly shine in GP either but as a much younger skater , he has some excuse as he is still very much developing whereas Chipeur should by now be able to at least place in the top half of a GP Event.
    Is it possible that Skate Canada may send a different team to Worlds - if so , when do they announce that ? and what about 4C event - I kow the Olympic skaters arent going but is Canada still sendign a team?

Thaks for any input
    Skate Canada was looking at the Grand Prix season, Worlds from 2008 and 2009, and 4CC in 2009, and Nationals. With all of this, Chipeur is the clear winner. As you said Reynolds has had subpar GP results as well. If he had skated a clean short he probably would have gotten that second spot. Worlds team will be the same. Kevin will probably go to 4CC.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gottadance View Post

Thaks for any input
    If Canada sends a different team , they probably would not announce it until after 4CC.

Finally had a chance to watch Chan's LP... beside the mistakes on the 3A and the 3F, it was a really good program. Of course, his skating skills are incredible. And who has better step sequence than Chan? Much improved over SC. Let's see how much he'll improve by Vancouver.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post
    Finally had a chance to watch Chan's LP... beside the mistakes on the 3A and the 3F, it was a really good program. Of course, his skating skills are incredible. And who has better step sequence than Chan? Much improved over SC. Let's see how much he'll improve by Vancouver.
    Good sign for him. I can see his improvement from last year. The speed, energy, the edges, the footworks, the spins...all amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    Good sign for him. I can see his improvement from last year. The speed, energy, the edges, the footworks, the spins...all amazing.
    I agree. Both of his footwork sequences were out of this world - he got level 4 on the straight line Also, his spins were the best I have ever seen them. That last spin was so fast and centered! I am very impressed with his improvements since SC - keep going Patrick

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    Well... I'm home... and off to bed shortly. Not having had a chance to watch anything yet, if Chan skated well, good for him. I'm not a huge fan but I will not take away from his great talent - he really is first class when he's on. So happy for Vaughn and so sad for Shawn at the same time - and good for Kevin for what sounds like a stellar skate! 2 quads? And what! Sounds like a well skated event and Canada will be well represented in Vancouver most certainly.

Banned
    Is there a chance SC can clone Jeremy Ten and Kevin Reynolds? One has surperb artistry, but not the jumps, the other is the opposite. Where's Jeremy Reynolds or Keven Ten? Heck put in Chipeur and Sawyer as well,

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    I agree. Both of his footwork sequences were out of this world - he got level 4 on the straight line Also, his spins were the best I have ever seen them. That last spin was so fast and centered! I am very impressed with his improvements since SC - keep going Patrick
    I agree. His class and superiority out on the ice is so obvious and he just has that 'it' quality that draws in the audience too. Such a beautiful skater.

I so wish Shawn Sawyer could master some of the elements that he struggles with because I just love watching him skate. He too has an ethereal quality that connects with the audience. Plus he's just so darn cute and I hate to see him disappointed and sad.

Thank goodness Vaughn managed to hang onto second place. He has improved the artistic side of his performance so much and when he's on with those incredible jumps of his, he fully deserves the Olympic spot. You have to give credit to Kevin for being able to pull off quads but he's so lacking in all the other qualities that make up a great skater. He's the same age as Patrick, isn't he? He's not a young up and coming junior skater anymore but he's still skating like one. Perhaps he'll hit puberty one of these days and manage a grown up performance!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast