View Poll Results: Who is your favourite Canadian ice dance team?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Virtue/Moir

71 58.68%
  • Bourne/Kraatz

18 14.88%
  • Wilson/McCall

7 5.79%
  • Dubreuil/Lauzon

13 10.74%
  • Wing/Lowe

2 1.65%
  • Crone/Poirier

4 3.31%
  • Weaver/Poje

2 1.65%
  • McDonald/Smith

3 2.48%
  • Wighton/Dowding

0 0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

1 0.83%

Thread: Favourite Canadian Ice Dance Team

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar

Favourite Canadian Ice Dance Team

Who is your favourite Canadian ice dance team?

Shae and Victor... magic when they were together....

Custom Title
    Bourne/Kraatz then, Virtue/Moir now.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Wilson and McCall and their Elite Syncopations FD (1988) is still one of my favorite ever ice FDs!

Custom Title
    From my era as a fan (early 90's onward):

Dubreuil/Lauzon ... to me they were the most unique and best artists, expressing a mature connection, sometimes bold yet always so tasteful and authentic, nothing ever feeling "put on".

Virtue and Moir, for their sheer class, could well join/surpass them as my favourites if they stick around, but need a few more years.
    And I have faith we will see something interesting and unique from C/P also down the line. I hope they go down a bit of a voidy route.

Custom Title
    I think that Virtue/Moir is developing to be one of the greatest ice dancer together with Torvil-Dean, Klimova-Ponomarenko and Anissina-Peizerat.

Dubreuil-Lauzon was always entertaining, lovely to watch them, with a good chemistry and a natural style. Their tecnnique was not spot on beside their fantastic lifts.

Bourne-Kratz was also entertaining, but in many way a little bit overdone " too much" and frenetic. Their Riverdance program is memorable. Their World Champion FD is not so much, even if it was a well-deserved win.

Wlson-McCall was a fresh air in that era with their happy, quick, real dancing bravura programs vs. the more balletic Russian couples that time. Their programs was made for the audience with a bit less technical difficulties, but still great.

Crone/poirier seems to be one of the very few couples where the male dancer leads the team. They are becoming awsome.

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Virtue/ Moir. For sure.

3-way tie between Wing/Lowe, Bourne/Kraatz & Virtue/Moir... but I voted Wing/Lowe because I figured they'd need more votes

Re: Favourite Canadian Ice Dance Team

Bourne and Kraatz are my personal favourites, although Virtue and Moir are probably better dancers from an objective standpoint.

By the way, has everyone forgotten about Lefebvre and Brunet? They were pretty good too, although not world contenders by any means

Rinkside

Re: Favourite Canadian Ice Dance Team

I'm surprised Ralph/Hill wasn't on this list. They're climbing the ranks, and I really enjoy them. They always have a lot of joy and creativity, and their African OD this season was phenomenal.

Rinkside
    I chose to vote other as there is a new dance team that has really caught my eye. Alexandra Paul and Mitchell Islam in their first season together they won the Canadian junior championship and finished 2nd at the World Junior's.

I also love Tessa&Scott. I have loved them since 2005 because of the way they relate to one another.

Shae-Lynn and Victor were the first real ice dance team I remember as a young child, getting to see their riverdance free dance at canadians was great

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Without question, Dubreuil/Lauzon!

Custom Title
    The strong lead of Virtue and Moir is completely understandable, but in my mind overstates their strength a bit. The history of wonderful, amazing, inspiring Canadian dance is much to celebrate.

Maybe listing V/M first on the choices prevents one from remember the lovely Lorna.