Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Mens LP

Custom Title
    ^^ Well go Adam! He and Jeremy are my personal favorites. But Adam's more than 10 points behind the top three, so the top three has a little cushion. I hope the top three as it is now will go to Olys and Adam to Turin .

I think it is obvious that, in any order, it should be Weir, Abbott, Lysacek. That would be the strongest group to go to Olys.

It's not about wining a trip to vancouver. It's about winning a podium position, and not by luck.

Well, it seems that they should have sent I & B as the second pairs team then. They are more experienced than E & L. Plus, I &B stuck it out all these years and still pulled off a throw 3 axel. Well, on to watch the men now! Hopefully the strongest team is sent.

Steven did pull out due to injury, it was announced at teh start of the icenetwork broadcast. bummer.

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Steven did pull out due to injury, it was announced at teh start of the icenetwork broadcast. bummer.
    That's really too bad... I may be in the minority, but I really, really like his skating. He reminds me (a little) of Matt Savoie.

Custom Title
    Nice skate by Jonathan Caesar! He is such a beautiful skater, so nice to see him land the jumps today!

Too bad about Stephen, he's one of my favorite skaters

I been wondering why Ryan Bradley didn't work on his basic skating skills and speed when he was a jr skater. I remember he wasn't a jumper back then..he didn't even have a triple axel. when you don't have the jumps, you have to have something you are really good at in order to compete againt guys with big jumps. Instead he became a big jumper. Too bad, he would have been a well rounded skater had he worked on the basics!!

Custom Title
    The audio level on the music is much better today. Yay.

Custom Title
    I really enjoyed Michael's Romeo & Juliet program. Quite lovely.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Go, Dennis Phan!

I'm very sorry about Stephen too. Did he skate injured in the SP? I was impressed with his development.

Iam so thankful i got to see the sp of the top 4 before someone removes them. I was really impressed with adam, thought his skating is moving with that music. Jeremy was fantastic and such a hard program, thought Johnny should have been placed 2nd actually and Evan 3rd.

I live in Japan and I could not find any streaming, could anyone be so kind to do pbp? Thank you!

Would love to find it live too, Canadian men skate today also but the cbc site only streams within Canada. There have been so few clips available on yt especially with the Canada championships :( I bet for Europeans there will be many more live streams and clips available after. Thanks to the person that put up a few men's short.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    I been wondering why Ryan Bradley didn't work on his basic skating skills and speed when he was a jr skater. I remember he wasn't a jumper back then..he didn't even have a triple axel. when you don't have the jumps, you have to have something you are really good at in order to compete againt guys with big jumps. Instead he became a big jumper. Too bad, he would have been a well rounded skater had he worked on the basics!!
    Once you go to Tom, you become a big jumper with less speed, I've decided. Rachael Flatt, Alexe Gilles, and Ryan Bradley are probably his best skaters and they all can do the money jumps but are pretty slow. Just something I noticed, must be his style of coaching, I've heard he's big on strength training and off-ice, so his skaters probably learn to muscle through jumps rather than rely on speed to help them.
    Last edited by silverlake22; 01-17-2010 at 02:25 PM.

Medalist
    current standings after 1 round.

2nd group warming up now

lp scores
    1 Jonathan Cassar, Detroit SC 126.70
    2 Alexander Johnson, Braemar-City of Lakes FSC 114.00
    3 Michael Solonoski, SC of New York Inc 95.50
    4 Wesley Campbell, Nashville FSC 90.98
    5 Daniel Raad, Park FSC 78.06

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast