Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Senior Mens LP

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Little Lord Quadleroy:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...KZaCl/610x.jpg

Looking at the picture, I do believe Evan's shoulder thingies are saddles for his little angel and devil to ride on:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...wr0W9/610x.jpg

Speaking of angels, here's one that's fallen but still ethereal:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...7P626/610x.jpg

And speaking of fallen angels, Jeremy is probably saying "hell yeah!" here:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...3BfSf/610x.jpg

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Well, Johnny got it done, barely. We JW fans can just hope he peaks at the right time. This was definitely not a peak! But... he IS going to Vancouver, right?

Jeremy - wow. That is one of the best skates ever. He just did it all, with such elegance and detail work. I don't know if anyone in the world can beat him if he skates like that in Vancouver. (OTOH, I don't really think he will. Can one do back-to-back skates of a lifetime?) Anyway - congrats, Jeremy!!! This event was a life-changer for him, IMO.

Evan - he was totally outclassed today. But thank God for the new costume and his spicing it up with a bit of GRAY. Woo-hoo! I am so tired of those high-kicks. I'm so glad that, if Johnny's going to be defeated, it's by somebody who's actually a gorgeous skater!

Poor Armin! Still - I'm sure he exceeded his hopes and will do great stuff in the future and he deserves congrats too. Maybe his injury caught up with him today.

Custom Title

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    Looking at the picture, I do believe Evan's shoulder thingies are saddles for his little angel and devil to ride on:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...wr0W9/610x.jpg
    How on earth have they managed to make Evan look so short?!

yes, Janetfan, the team was announced. No shocker, the top three are going to Vancouver (barring injury or illness)... really bummed for Ryan, but he knew it was a long shot after the SP, I'm just glad he had a chance to go out in style. That LP was the smoothest I've ever seen from him...

if SOI doesn't pick him up now, then Scott Hamilton and Co. are a fool.

Custom Title
    Fantastic final flight - I loved every minute of it.

Jeremy was just unbelievable - I'm so happy for him - but as a fan, so thrilled I got to watch THAT!!! wow. amazing. fantastic!!!!

I feel for Ryan, but he seemed to handle it with such poise, that is a great sportsperson, imho.

Congrats to the other medalists too - underwhelming given what they have done before, but I wish them all well in Vancouver!

Ryan does have great sportsmanship... he's just a happy go lucky guy in that way

Rinkside
    If Ryan was third, do you think that UFSA will send Ryan to the Olympics instead of Johnny? Even though I think they should send Ryan, I don't think so. Unlike the pairs scenario, Johnny has a better international track record than I/B.
    Last edited by boo69; 01-17-2010 at 07:46 PM.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Thanks so much for posting this.
    WOW, Jeremy, this was great!
    hope for a repeat @ the Olympics!

Custom Title
    Nadine, you put it best about Johnny. I was all excited, but when he took to the ice, I could totally feel the nervousness through the screen--it was so tangible. I swear I got the jitters and it didn't stop until the program was done. Wasn't his best, but I'm thrilled that he made it to the podium. Jeremy was Fan-frickin-tastic! Ryan my heart breaks for you. Evan, your arm flailing isn't fooling me. You deserved 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by boo69 View Post
    If Ryan was third, do you think that UFSA will send Ryan to the Olympics instead of Johnny? Even though I think they should send Ryan, I don't think so. Unlike the pairs scenario, Johnny has a better international track record than I/B.
    If Ryan had finished third he would have been on the team. I wish he would have made it - but he lost it with his shaky SP.

Custom Title
    I've just seen the LP of jeremy: wow!!!
    It had me, I'm definitely rooting for him now, I loved how much he was getting along with the music, all was sooo perfect...Beautiful!!! compliments!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Thank you! Wow, what an amazing performance! Congratulations, Jeremy

I think I have calmed down enough to actually speak/write English. I am sorry, but I cried. Jeremy was so amazing. So freaking amazing. If he can lay that down in Vancouver in a month, then it's going to be a no-brainer. I just love his skating so much, his music choices are incredible (how he mixes up classical with modern, for the last three seasons he always had one program classical and one modern), his jumps were amazing today and he is certainly the best spinner across the pond.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by boo69 View Post
    I think he would have gone, with the worlds option possibly going to Johnny

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast