Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Senior Mens LP

Did anyone else think that Lysacek's timing on the approach to the quad was off? It seemed like he hestitated too long, or something. (Study long, study wrong. Just do it. )

It was funny when they showed the slo-motion replay, with the rotation obviously close to 180 degrees short, and Scott Hamilton said, "oh, it looks borderline!" Then they showed it again even slower and Scott said the exact same thing.

Now Evan has another decision to make in Vancouver.

Custom Title
    Yes, I thought Evan was a hair off in timing after seeing the GORGEOUS quad he easily reeled off in the warm up.

Johnny was 5th in the FS. He has A LOT of work to do. I used to think his jumps seemed so easy, so sure, but this season they seem tentative and low. Hopefully now that he made the team, he can shake off the nerves and skate full out at the Olys. He just seemed so nervous, tentative and labored, I wanted to reach through the screen and hug him! Evan seemed nervous too, but he still seemed crisp and confident. Jeremy was just on fire, totally in command of everything! I don't know...Johnny has taken so many hits these last couple of years. Hope all three are on at the Olys!
    Last edited by MKFSfan; 01-17-2010 at 08:08 PM.

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    The Men's Award Ceremony is up on IN if anyone is interested. I wish Johnny could have done better today, but his SP was to die for and I know the nerves just got to him today and he made two stupid mistakes. Evan to me was unusually bad esp the SLOW footwork and fall on the quad (but I give him props for trying it). Jeremy was brilliant and obviously deserved the gold. Hope Weir can peak in Vancouver.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Raatkirani View Post
    Evan, your arm flailing isn't fooling me. You deserved 3rd.
    O, yes!!!

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I think I have calmed down enough to actually speak/write English. I am sorry, but I cried. Jeremy was so amazing. So freaking amazing. If he can lay that down in Vancouver in a month, then it's going to be a no-brainer. I just love his skating so much, his music choices are incredible (how he mixes up classical with modern, for the last three seasons he always had one program classical and one modern), his jumps were amazing today and he is certainly the best spinner across the pond.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
    Awww, Medusa, I was crying in joy with you! I was jumping up and down and fist pumping at the air in my apartment. What a beautiful, memorable skate from Jeremy . . . I hope he brings it in Vancouver too! Jeremy, Yuka, and Jason seem like such a happy team, a support family that appears to be working very well! I'm so thrilled for all of them! They all seem like such good, humble people! Jeremy talked a lot in interviews about how Yuka and Jason have helped him with his focus and knowing that he has to focus on every single element in the programs and never let that focus go away. The mental and physical training really seems to be working with his coaching change, and I hope that keeps up. Seeing this tonight gave me such a warm, fuzzy feeling and makes me believe dreams can come true. Heartwarming!
    Last edited by museksk8r; 01-17-2010 at 08:20 PM.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    I just hope Jeremy hasn't had the skate of his life today, and will have a letdown in Vancouver. In the interview after the competition, he talked about improving from competition to competition. I don't know how you improve upon this. I just hope he gains confidence from this competition because it shows that he can absolutely do it.

Does anyone else think Yuka Sato and Jason Dungjen are one of the cutest couples ever? I just love those two.

Ryan Bradley is just a wonderful skater and I hope he will do shows. He is a pleasure to watch.

Johnny made me so nervous watching him skate that I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

Custom Title
    I'm upset Ryan isn't going to the Olympics, for some reason just the thought of having someone that talented at the Olympics is exciting. I mean, don't get me wrong, Johnny is great, but Ryan and his 4-3 in the short, and two quads in the long, if he were clean there, I think he could upset the favorites. Johnny is more consistent but you pretty much know what he will do. To me, Johnny is a skater like Alissa, very good, but at their best, still technically pretty standard, but on an off night, will still do fine. Ryan is more of a wildcard I would compare more to Mirai or Angela Maxwell, they can be amazing, but also will get lower scores should they mess up.

I want EXCITEMENT at the Olympics and for the men's event the only one that will excite is Jeremy is he has a repeat of these performances in Vancouver. Johnny and Evan will do the triples but no quads and not much charisma or humor, I mean did you HEAR the audience during Ryan Bradley's FS?

That is why in the ladies event, I will be a little upset if Sasha and Alissa will be the ones going, it just isn't exciting if you know they'll probably just do 3-5 triples with the hardest combination being a 3lz-2t to soft, mellow music. But that's just how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    It was funny when they showed the slo-motion replay, with the rotation obviously close to 180 degrees short, and Scott Hamilton said, "oh, it looks borderline!" Then they showed it again even slower and Scott said the exact same thing.
    NBC said that the quad counted, maybe Scott was trying to give the judges more of a leg to stand on to the public over all his commentary for CoP has improved dramatically this season, so I still give him props for finally attempting to get it.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    I just hope Jeremy hasn't had the skate of his life today, and will have a letdown in Vancouver. In the interview after the competition, he talked about improving from competition to competition. I don't know how you improve upon this. I just hope he gains confidence from this competition because it shows that he can absolutely do it.
    The only room for improvement I saw was that last spin, which only garnered a level 2 from the judges. I hope this momentum keeps up too. How he handled that enormous pressure today skating last and waiting so long REALLY impressed me and how he didn't put a single foot wrong in that whole competition from the start of the SP to the finish of the LP . . . just WOW!

Does anyone else think Yuka Sato and Jason Dungjen are one of the cutest couples ever? I just love those two.
    I totally agree . . . they are both stunning!

Johnny made me so nervous watching him skate that I thought I was going to have a heart attack.
    When he singled the 3Axel, I thought, oh no!, is he going to unravel?, but aside from the step out of the 3toe, he held his nerve . . . good for him and I'm glad he is going to Vancouver!
    Last edited by museksk8r; 01-17-2010 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    NBC said that the quad counted...
    They did? It was downgraded to a triple, with -3 GOE and -1 for the fall = 0.00 points overall for the element.

Quote Originally Posted by miseksk8er
    I totally agree . . . they are both stunning!
    Here's the still active (sort of) pairs team, Sato and Dundjen.

http://www.pairsonice.net/images/pro.../sato-dung.jpg
    Last edited by Mathman; 01-17-2010 at 09:03 PM.

Custom Title
    Congratulations to Evan, Johnny and especially Jeremy!! Jeremy was absolutely perfect! Wow, and Yuka is stunning!

If Scott Hamilton doesn't sign Ryan Bradley to a SOI contract, he's crazy. That boy will become a pro star! If both he & Johnny are retiring then that will move Mroz & Hochstein onto our GP team. Could be a very young & inexperienced group next year on the International circuit.

Custom Title
    I can't get over that skate of Abbott's! I hope it's just the first of many completely tremendous programs he lays down.

I was especially pleased to see that Yuka and Jason are his coaches. Yuka is one of my favorite skaters ever, and to see how effective she's been at getting Jeremy focused is just delightful. I'm sure her father, one of Japan's great coaches, is very proud of her.

Evan was kind of nervous, but it wouldn't have been helped if he had not been. Jeremy is the champ. over and out.

Johnny can not do much better except to work on a clean skate. His technical is limited and I fear an attemped quad in Vancouver will be either lucky or not.

Jeremy is the big surprise. He has managed the evil butterflies and his consistency keeps working.

The top men at the Olys will be: Evgeni, Brian, Daisuke, Nobunari, Tomas, and maybe Stephane. if everyone skates their best, how would you fit in the 3 Americans?

Euros results should be flowing in tomorrow. Let's check out the four of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    They did? It was downgraded to a triple, with -3 GOE and -1 for the fall = 0.00 points overall for the element.

well in all fairness it wasn't Scott or Sandy who said it, I believe it was the color commentator, is it Al T or Tom Hammond? I can never get those two straight but they're both horrid at figure skating commentary...

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast