Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Senior Mens LP

Custom Title
    Evan is more imposing on the ice because he's huge, and his skating is super smooth. Johnny's SP was good but I really felt like he did not put his heart and soul into the LP at all, I thought it was boring. Ryan and Adam's FS were deservedly ahead of Johnny's because Johnny's was boring.

Evan was tense in the SP i'll admit, but apart from the mistakes in the LP, I thought it was beautiful. He has a great quality to his skating. I'm sad Ryan is retiring, I had no idea he was 26! I though he was like 20, he seems so youthful!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post
    I just saw Abbotts LP - he was

Could somebody please post a link to Bradleys LP? I wanted to watch it but didn't find it on youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyRV5_aXDtg

He doubled the axel, but put in one more triple to compensate for that double axel. I saw his score, the 2A got huge GOE. Perhaps it was intentional since a good triple + a double A with GOE = a 3A.

Under the 6.0 ordinal rule, if you're in the top 5 after the SP and if you're in the top 3 in the LP, you'd medal. In this case, he was 6th after the SP, and 2nd after the LP. Would that be enough to medal?

Johnny Weir really likes the 6.0 system. Well, he could be sitting at home if we're still under the 6.0 system.

Quote Originally Posted by futureidol View Post
    Let's be honest now, as brilliant as Abbott's skating was his costume looked like something a Novice level skater would wear, and one that's on a budget at that. Really disappointing costuming from him as his costumes were fabulous last season. His SP costume is okay, but a little boring. Looks like something Brian Boitano would wear to brunch.
    Please, if this is all you can find to knock about the program, have at it. I found the concept understated and elegant compared to feathers and pipe cleaners (you know who you are). The material moved like butter to the sublime-ness of the program.

For the person that asked about the ordinal system:
    Abbott: 1, 1 (1.5 total ordinal), 1st
    Lysacek: 2, 3, (4 total ordinal), 2nd
    Bradley: 6, 2 (5 total ordinal), 3rd
    Rippon: 4, 4 (6 total ordinal), 4th
    Weir: 3, 5 (6.5 total ordinal), 5th

So, he's lucky he built a 10 point lead.

Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    Please, if this is all you can find to knock about the program, have at it. I found the concept understated and elegant compared to feathers and pipe cleaners (you know who you are). The material moved like butter to the sublime-ness of the program.

I admit I am no fashion expert - but if I had to wear one of those outfits I would pick Jeremy's.

I found Johnny and Evan's costumes ridiculous and would not be caught dead in either one of them. Although Evan almost had a "StarTrek" thing going

why is Weir wearing a ladies costume anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I found Johnny and Evan's costumes ridiculous and would not be caught dead in either one of them. Although Evan almost had a "StarTrek" thing going
    unless you look like Evan I don't think anyone would want you to, anyway!

aside from the shoulder things, I like the shirt.

Whippet Good!
    Evan looks best in all black. The gray was rather distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Evan is more imposing on the ice because he's huge, and his skating is super smooth.
    until he jumps... then he sprays ice for miles....

and freaks this fan out to no end when ever he goes into one. I should know he can land just about anything (except that stupid quad)

The only thing I wonder is what does Evan's FS costume have to do with his program? Is he trying to set Scheherazade in the Star Trek universe?

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93;

For the person that asked about the ordinal system:
    Abbott: 1, 1 (1.5 total ordinal), 1st
    Lysacek: 2, 3, (4 total ordinal), 2nd
    Bradley: 6, 2 (5 total ordinal), 3rd
    Rippon: 4, 4 (6 total ordinal), 4th
    Weir: 3, 5 (6.5 total ordinal), 5th

interesting. I think Johnny has benifited a lot over the years from CoP. When he was in his hayday, like 2004-05-06 he had some events where he won by the CoP game which he ironically dissed.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    That's not 'lucky'. That's because he skated well enough to have that huge lead.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Johnny's SP was good but I really felt like he did not put his heart and soul into the LP at all, I thought it was boring. Ryan and Adam's FS were deservedly ahead of Johnny's because Johnny's was boring.

Evan was tense in the SP i'll admit, but apart from the mistakes in the LP, I thought it was beautiful. He has a great quality to his skating.
    I believe that only one Johnny put heart and soul into their skating. So it was in his LP, and so he always skate. He is one of the most artistic skaters. Mistakes of Evan were rough, and Johnny unfairly placed third, but not second.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post
    The only thing I wonder is what does Evan's FS costume have to do with his program? Is he trying to set Scheherazade in the Star Trek universe?
    Do people in Star Trek wear wiry trap-like things on their shoulders?

Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Do people in Star Trek wear wiry trap-like things on their shoulders?
    Thank you! I thought I ws the only one going crazy.

http://greatbignerd.files.wordpress....ek_csg_014.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Thank you! I thought I ws the only one going crazy.

http://greatbignerd.files.wordpress....ek_csg_014.jpg
    I think it was more like a Romulan uniform from Next Gen era.
    Reallly, who ever watches the original Trek shows

But come to think of it with that new "helmet hair" Evan is looking like a Vulcan - who were of course distant cousins of the Romulans.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast