Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Senior Mens LP

Custom Title
    I haven't really watched much skating in the past few years but I was shocked to see how much Johnny's skating had regressed over the years. I don't like the David Wilson choreography either. It's boring and very depressing. While I didn't like the stuff Tat had done for Johnny, I prefer those programs because they had more spark. I did like the stuff Marina Annisina had done for him.

I was pretty impressed with Evan. He looks as if he is heading in the right direction for the Olympics and his physique was impressive. He's in the best shape of his life and the costume looked pretty good as well- just needs to lose those "sleeves".

Jeremy Abbott- he reminds me of Todd Eldredge though he lacks Todd's "excitement"- if such a thing can be said. He had a really good performance but doesn't deliver it with any kind of intensity.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    yeah Ryan's 3A went out the window, too, though.
    . . . and the 3Lutz in the SP. He's got to still be kicking himself for doubling that jump.

Quote Originally Posted by soogar View Post
    Jeremy Abbott- he reminds me of Todd Eldredge though he lacks Todd's "excitement"- if such a thing can be said. He had a really good performance but doesn't deliver it with any kind of intensity.
    um, WHAT?! Todd was "exciting"? A great, solid skater, yes, but I never found him exciting. Intense, yes; exciting, not so much, IMO. His programs were all pretty much the same in mood and tempo and how many times did he rehash that 1492 program?, OH MY GOSH! It was maddening, like Joubert's Matrix. :banging:

On the contrary, I do find Jeremy exciting because his programs are so difficult, both technically and choreographically and he is so musical and versatile in his music choices. A true artist!

We all have our different opinions, though.
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 01-19-2010 at 10:48 PM. Reason: merging

Custom Title
    I did like the stuff Marina Annisina had done for him.
    It's so hard to find someone who agrees with me on this. I liked Annisina's choreography very much, especially the LP. I blamed Johnny's lack of discipline so both programs had never skated up to their potential. Maybe Annisina could be a choreographer for other skaters, say maybe Chan.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    It's so hard to find someone who agrees with me on this. I liked Annisina's choreography very much, especially the LP. I blamed Johnny's lack of discipline so both programs had never skated up to their potential. Maybe Annisina could be a choreographer for other skaters, say maybe Chan.

He took a huge step backwards when he listened to the criticism and dropped her as a choreographer. I think he should have stuck to his guns and kept working with her because I think he would have grown as a skater had he done so. Shuffling back and forth between "tried and true" choreographers has stifled his development (IMO). Going to David Wilson was a mistake. David's best programs are for skaters he had been working with for years. It takes years of collaboration to understand a skater's ability. I didn't like the program he had done for Rippon either. Of course the stuff he did with Joannie and Jeff was excellent but he had years with both skaters.

It's also strange for me to see Johnny struggling with his jumps. They were so easy for him a few years ago. He's a shell of his former self.

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    um, WHAT?! Todd was "exciting"? A great, solid skater, yes, but I never found him exciting. Intense, yes; exciting, not so much, IMO. His programs were all pretty much the same in mood and tempo and how many times did he rehash that 1492 program?, OH MY GOSH! It was maddening, like Joubert's Matrix. :banging:

On the contrary, I do find Jeremy exciting because his programs are so difficult, both technically and choreographically and he is so musical and versatile in his music choices. A true artist!

We all have our different opinions, though.
    That's why I put "excitement" in quotes. I don't think Todd is exciting but he was much more intense and competitive than Jeremy.
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 01-19-2010 at 10:50 PM. Reason: merging

Custom Title
    He took a huge step backwards when he listened to the criticism and dropped her as a choreographer. I think he should have stuck to his guns and kept working with her because I think he would have grown as a skater had he done so. Shuffling back and forth between "tried and true" choreographers has stifled his development (IMO). Going to David Wilson was a mistake. David's best programs are for skaters he had been working with for years. It takes years of collaboration to understand a skater's ability. I didn't like the program he had done for Rippon either. Of course the stuff he did with Joannie and Jeff was excellent but he had years with both skaters.

It's also strange for me to see Johnny struggling with his jumps. They were so easy for him a few years ago. He's a shell of his former self.
    The year that Johnny worked with Annisina was the last year which I truly believed in my heart that he might be able to have a break through. He wasn't totally focusing on his skating in that year, so it didn't happen. After that year, all I have seen was his struggle to survive, year after year, this season, there is no exception.

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    The year that Johnny worked with Annisina was the last year which I truly believed in my heart that he might be able to have a break through. He wasn't totally focusing on his skating in that year, so it didn't happen. After that year, all I have seen was his struggle to survive, year after year, this season, there is no exception.
    That is SO UNTRUE his 07-08 season was SO good, two golds on the GP circuit, and the stupid "tie" at nationals that should have been his 4th title, and is a Bronze at Worlds worthless? Also the 08-09 season started so good for him with 2 silvers and a bronze at GPF, then he had a misfortune at Nationals. Yes he is crawling back out of the ashes and doing everything he can to hold on, and he did this season so far with a silver at NHK and then winning bronze at GPF (again) and Nationals and making his 2nd Olympic team. Yes he has had struggles, but he always manages to put right what went wrong. I still believe he is still capable of greatness on the biggest world stage.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by futureidol View Post
    That is SO UNTRUE his 07-08 season was SO good, two golds on the GP circuit, and the stupid "tie" at nationals that should have been his 4th title, and is a Bronze at Worlds worthless? Also the 08-09 season started so good for him with 2 silvers and a bronze at GPF, then he had a misfortune at Nationals. Yes he is crawling back out of the ashes and doing everything he can to hold on, and he did this season so far with a silver at NHK and then winning bronze at GPF (again) and Nationals and making his 2nd Olympic team. Yes he has had struggles, but he always manages to put right what went wrong. I still believe he is still capable of greatness on the biggest world stage.
    I don't feel that Johnny is working up to his talent. Those are good results but his actual skating - both skills and artistic impression- has stagnated. He's just trying to maintain his level. I remember seeing footage of him at the Olympic practices reeling off a 4-3-3 combo as if it were nothing. A triple axel was an effortless jump for him. Strange for me to see him struggle and he's not adding anything to his technical content either.

Custom Title
    Thank you. I've been thinking this and wondering if I am going crazy. I know Johnny is not a COP fan and I imagine that is part of his struggles, but I recall his jumps being smooth as butter with the most amazing cat-like landings. Now he looks labored as if he has to work so hard and I just don't get what has happened.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I am a Jeremy fan - and hope he can skate his best in Vancouver and maybe win a medal.
    I hope too. Shake hands!

Then I read this:

... but would not be surprised to see Evan beat him (Joubert) again because his new StarTrek costume is so great
    Only in your dream!
    Last edited by jennylovskt; 01-21-2010 at 12:15 AM.

I hope too. Shake hands!

Then I read this:

Only in your dream!
    As I remember Evan beat Brian at '09 Worlds.
    My dream and your nightmare

Go Jeremy, best skater in the world

Custom Title
    As I remember Evan beat Brian at '09 Worlds.
    My dream and your nightmare
    NO! Evan did not beat Brian. Brian gave the title to Evan by accident.

Custom Title
    He tends to do that.

A quad is one thing - but can we really have a World Champion who falls on a 2A? :o
    Such a mistake I expect from a junior skater

Euro SP's were good and now I wait for LP. Should be exciting and I wish all good luck.

And also to Laura

Custom Title
    A quad is one thing - but can we really have a World Champion who falls on a 2A? :o
    Why not? We have had a World Champion who's 3A is like 3S . ...Any way, it won't happen again, at least from what I've seen so far this year.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    What does Brian Joubert have that Jeremy doesn't? Aside from star power and a more decorated career? I don't know ... I'm asking seriously. It's not a rhetorical question.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast