Senior Mens LP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Senior Mens LP

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Nice skate by Jonathan Caesar! He is such a beautiful skater, so nice to see him land the jumps today! :agree:

Too bad about Stephen, he's one of my favorite skaters

ks777

Record Breaker
I been wondering why Ryan Bradley didn't work on his basic skating skills and speed when he was a jr skater. I remember he wasn't a jumper back then..he didn't even have a triple axel. when you don't have the jumps, you have to have something you are really good at in order to compete againt guys with big jumps. Instead he became a big jumper. Too bad, he would have been a well rounded skater had he worked on the basics!!

Go, Dennis Phan!

I'm very sorry about Stephen too. Did he skate injured in the SP? I was impressed with his development.

figuristka

Medalist
Iam so thankful i got to see the sp of the top 4 before someone removes them. I was really impressed with adam, thought his skating is moving with that music. Jeremy was fantastic and such a hard program, thought Johnny should have been placed 2nd actually and Evan 3rd.

kandidy

Final Flight
I live in Japan and I could not find any streaming, could anyone be so kind to do pbp? Thank you!

figuristka

Medalist
Would love to find it live too, Canadian men skate today also but the cbc site only streams within Canada. There have been so few clips available on yt especially with the Canada championships :( I bet for Europeans there will be many more live streams and clips available after. Thanks to the person that put up a few men's short.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I been wondering why Ryan Bradley didn't work on his basic skating skills and speed when he was a jr skater. I remember he wasn't a jumper back then..he didn't even have a triple axel. when you don't have the jumps, you have to have something you are really good at in order to compete againt guys with big jumps. Instead he became a big jumper. Too bad, he would have been a well rounded skater had he worked on the basics!!

Once you go to Tom, you become a big jumper with less speed, I've decided. Rachael Flatt, Alexe Gilles, and Ryan Bradley are probably his best skaters and they all can do the money jumps but are pretty slow. Just something I noticed, must be his style of coaching, I've heard he's big on strength training and off-ice, so his skaters probably learn to muscle through jumps rather than rely on speed to help them.

Last edited:

annlfs

Rinkside
current standings after 1 round.

2nd group warming up now

lp scores
1 Jonathan Cassar, Detroit SC 126.70
2 Alexander Johnson, Braemar-City of Lakes FSC 114.00
3 Michael Solonoski, SC of New York Inc 95.50
4 Wesley Campbell, Nashville FSC 90.98
5 Daniel Raad, Park FSC 78.06

skatemom1122

Final Flight
Current Standings

1 Jonathan Cassar, Detroit SC 182.23 20 1
2 Alexander Johnson, Braemar-City of Lakes FSC 168.29 22 2
3 Michael Solonoski, SC of New York Inc 150.76 21 3
4 Wesley Campbell, Nashville FSC 146.96 19 4
5 Daniel Raad, Park FSC 127.38 23 5

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm just looking in occasionally, have other things to do, but will definitely be all eyes when the last group skates on NBC live today!!!!!:thumbsup:

By the way, who here wants to take bets, lol?:biggrin: Because I bet that Jeremy Abbott will be the only one out of the Top 3 to go for the quad. As I mentioned in another thread over on the main board a couple of days ago, Evan Lysacek is too cautious, that's part of his style, and because he messed up a bit in the SP, no way will he go for the quad, just as he hasn't all season (neither will he do so at the Olympics). Ditto for Johnny.

As for the youngsters, YES, most definitely, they will be going all out in hopes of the Top 3 messing up so bad that they can sneak their way in, complete with a quad!:rock:

Last edited:

flesymtuobayzarc

Rinkside
I hope Adam will do well and place third. He does not necessarily has to be sent to the Olympics. But I would like him to be sent to the Worlds.

I don't DARE - sorry, Nadine! I just hope the amazement of being in the final flight doesn't give Armin a fit of nerves. AND I hope Johnny has been in this spot (skating after Evan) enough not to get rattled by it this time.

It's so sad when they crumble (said the Walrus of the doughnut). :boohoo:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Once you go to Tom, you become a big jumper with less speed, I've decided. Rachael Flatt, Alexe Gilles, and Ryan Bradley are probably his best skaters and they all can do the money jumps but are pretty slow. Just something I noticed, must be his style of coaching, I've heard he's big on strength training and off-ice, so his skaters probably learn to muscle through jumps rather than rely on speed to help them.

Which is pretty much what Bradley says about his own jumps - that he's muscled through his jumps.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Holy Cow, Shaun Rogers blew me away the first half of his program. It's like seeing Elvis Stojko all over again ~ Elvis 2, lol ~ same look, style, jumps, et al!

The 4T/2T was FANTASTIC!!!!!! And that second 3T was the absolute best I've ever seen, easy to see why that was s'posed to be a 4T!

Too bad he started petering out in the second half. Neverthless, great job, great job for the old man at 24 yrs. of age. What a way to go out!:rock::rock::rock::rock:

cornell08

Final Flight
Rooting for Armin!!! :love: And Johnny ;)

Agree with the Tom Z analysis. I wouldn't be surprised if Rachael changed coaches after this season ends...especially since she'll be going away to college.

Last edited:
N

n_halifax

Standings So Far:

1. Cassar
2. Johnson
3. Rogers
4. Gonzales
5. Solonoski
6. Campbell
7. Raad