Senior Mens LP | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Senior Mens LP

emma

Record Breaker
Fantastic final flight - I loved every minute of it.

Jeremy was just unbelievable - I'm so happy for him - but as a fan, so thrilled I got to watch THAT!!! wow. amazing. fantastic!!!!

I feel for Ryan, but he seemed to handle it with such poise, that is a great sportsperson, imho.

Congrats to the other medalists too - underwhelming given what they have done before, but I wish them all well in Vancouver!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Ryan does have great sportsmanship... he's just a happy go lucky guy in that way

boo69

Rinkside
If Ryan was third, do you think that UFSA will send Ryan to the Olympics instead of Johnny? Even though I think they should send Ryan, I don't think so. Unlike the pairs scenario, Johnny has a better international track record than I/B.

Last edited:

Raatkirani

On the Ice
Nadine, you put it best about Johnny. I was all excited, but when he took to the ice, I could totally feel the nervousness through the screen--it was so tangible. I swear I got the jitters and it didn't stop until the program was done. Wasn't his best, but I'm thrilled that he made it to the podium. Jeremy was Fan-frickin-tastic! Ryan my heart breaks for you. Evan, your arm flailing isn't fooling me. You deserved 3rd.

janetfan

Match Penalty
If Ryan was third, do you think that UFSA will send Ryan to the Olympics instead of Johnny? Even though I think they should send Ryan, I don't think so. Unlike the pairs scenario, Johnny has a better international track record than I/B.

If Ryan had finished third he would have been on the team. I wish he would have made it - but he lost it with his shaky SP.

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
I've just seen the LP of jeremy: wow!!!
It had me, I'm definitely rooting for him now, I loved how much he was getting along with the music, all was sooo perfect...Beautiful!!! compliments!!!:clap::love::bow:

Medusa

Record Breaker
I think I have calmed down enough to actually speak/write English. I am sorry, but I cried. Jeremy was so amazing. So freaking amazing. If he can lay that down in Vancouver in a month, then it's going to be a no-brainer. I just love his skating so much, his music choices are incredible (how he mixes up classical with modern, for the last three seasons he always had one program classical and one modern), his jumps were amazing today and he is certainly the best spinner across the pond.

:bow:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

I think he would have gone, with the worlds option possibly going to Johnny

Did anyone else think that Lysacek's timing on the approach to the quad was off? It seemed like he hestitated too long, or something. (Study long, study wrong. Just do it. :) )

It was funny when they showed the slo-motion replay, with the rotation obviously close to 180 degrees short, and Scott Hamilton said, "oh, it looks borderline!" Then they showed it again even slower and Scott said the exact same thing. :eek:hwell:

Now Evan has another decision to make in Vancouver.

MKFSfan

Medalist
Yes, I thought Evan was a hair off in timing after seeing the GORGEOUS quad he easily reeled off in the warm up.

Johnny was 5th in the FS. He has A LOT of work to do. I used to think his jumps seemed so easy, so sure, but this season they seem tentative and low. Hopefully now that he made the team, he can shake off the nerves and skate full out at the Olys. He just seemed so nervous, tentative and labored, I wanted to reach through the screen and hug him! Evan seemed nervous too, but he still seemed crisp and confident. Jeremy was just on fire, totally in command of everything! I don't know...Johnny has taken so many hits these last couple of years. Hope all three are on at the Olys!

Last edited:

futureidol

On the Ice
The Men's Award Ceremony is up on IN if anyone is interested. I wish Johnny could have done better today, but his SP was to die for and I know the nerves just got to him today and he made two stupid mistakes. Evan to me was unusually bad esp the SLOW footwork and fall on the quad (but I give him props for trying it). Jeremy was brilliant and obviously deserved the gold. Hope Weir can peak in Vancouver.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think I have calmed down enough to actually speak/write English. I am sorry, but I cried. Jeremy was so amazing. So freaking amazing. If he can lay that down in Vancouver in a month, then it's going to be a no-brainer. I just love his skating so much, his music choices are incredible (how he mixes up classical with modern, for the last three seasons he always had one program classical and one modern), his jumps were amazing today and he is certainly the best spinner across the pond.

:bow:

Awww, Medusa, I was crying in joy with you! I was jumping up and down and fist pumping at the air in my apartment. :laugh: What a beautiful, memorable skate from Jeremy . . . I hope he brings it in Vancouver too! :love::bow: Jeremy, Yuka, and Jason seem like such a happy team, a support family that appears to be working very well! I'm so thrilled for all of them! They all seem like such good, humble people! Jeremy talked a lot in interviews about how Yuka and Jason have helped him with his focus and knowing that he has to focus on every single element in the programs and never let that focus go away. The mental and physical training really seems to be working with his coaching change, and I hope that keeps up. :) Seeing this tonight gave me such a warm, fuzzy feeling and makes me believe dreams can come true. Heartwarming! :rock:

Last edited:

Wicked

Final Flight
I just hope Jeremy hasn't had the skate of his life today, and will have a letdown in Vancouver. In the interview after the competition, he talked about improving from competition to competition. I don't know how you improve upon this. I just hope he gains confidence from this competition because it shows that he can absolutely do it.

Does anyone else think Yuka Sato and Jason Dungjen are one of the cutest couples ever? I just love those two.

Ryan Bradley is just a wonderful skater and I hope he will do shows. He is a pleasure to watch.

Johnny made me so nervous watching him skate that I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I'm upset Ryan isn't going to the Olympics, for some reason just the thought of having someone that talented at the Olympics is exciting. I mean, don't get me wrong, Johnny is great, but Ryan and his 4-3 in the short, and two quads in the long, if he were clean there, I think he could upset the favorites. Johnny is more consistent but you pretty much know what he will do. To me, Johnny is a skater like Alissa, very good, but at their best, still technically pretty standard, but on an off night, will still do fine. Ryan is more of a wildcard I would compare more to Mirai or Angela Maxwell, they can be amazing, but also will get lower scores should they mess up.

I want EXCITEMENT at the Olympics and for the men's event the only one that will excite is Jeremy is he has a repeat of these performances in Vancouver. Johnny and Evan will do the triples but no quads and not much charisma or humor, I mean did you HEAR the audience during Ryan Bradley's FS?

That is why in the ladies event, I will be a little upset if Sasha and Alissa will be the ones going, it just isn't exciting if you know they'll probably just do 3-5 triples with the hardest combination being a 3lz-2t to soft, mellow music. But that's just how I see it.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It was funny when they showed the slo-motion replay, with the rotation obviously close to 180 degrees short, and Scott Hamilton said, "oh, it looks borderline!" Then they showed it again even slower and Scott said the exact same thing. :eek:hwell:

NBC said that the quad counted, maybe Scott was trying to give the judges more of a leg to stand on to the public :laugh: over all his commentary for CoP has improved dramatically this season, so I still give him props for finally attempting to get it.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just hope Jeremy hasn't had the skate of his life today, and will have a letdown in Vancouver. In the interview after the competition, he talked about improving from competition to competition. I don't know how you improve upon this. I just hope he gains confidence from this competition because it shows that he can absolutely do it.

The only room for improvement I saw was that last spin, which only garnered a level 2 from the judges. :scratch: I hope this momentum keeps up too. How he handled that enormous pressure today skating last and waiting so long REALLY impressed me and how he didn't put a single foot wrong in that whole competition from the start of the SP to the finish of the LP . . . just WOW!

Does anyone else think Yuka Sato and Jason Dungjen are one of the cutest couples ever? I just love those two.

I totally agree . . . they are both stunning! :love:

Johnny made me so nervous watching him skate that I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

When he singled the 3Axel, I thought, oh no!, is he going to unravel?, but aside from the step out of the 3toe, he held his nerve . . . good for him and I'm glad he is going to Vancouver! :)

Last edited: