Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Senior Mens LP

Custom Title
    Johnny's costume was as ugly as his last year's LP costume.

Evan's costume was fine with me without the shoulder things.

Jeremy's costume was classic, but the color was too blue.

Adam and Amin's costumes, the tops were fine. If the bottom were like bootcuts, it would make the person taller and the legs more straight. I never liked men's pants too tight at the ankles.

Bradley's costume was fine.

you know the only program I have any urge to see again is Bradley's... that's a total first.

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    i don't understand people who think evan's costume is ....not great.

people mock it, comparing it to star trek and etc...

look at johnny....:chorus:

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyRV5_aXDtg

He doubled the axel, but put in one more triple to compensate for that double axel. I saw his score, the 2A got huge GOE. Perhaps it was intentional since a good triple + a double A with GOE = a 3A. ....
    Thank you, FlattFan, for giving the link. I've always loved Ryans skating because he is so different and funny, but I am from Europe, and there's not much opportunity to see him here. I really hope he will be at Worlds.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
    i don't understand people who think evan's costume is ....not great.

people mock it, comparing it to star trek and etc...

look at johnny....:chorus:

Because we expect Johnny to show up in pipe cleaners and tassels. But Evan, we expect to dress in something more conservative. Maybe he was jealous that Johnny's outfits always garner the most attention. He went all Romulan on him. If that's the case, I've gotta give Evan +1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Eyes View Post
    Because we expect Johnny to show up in pipe cleaners and tassels. But Evan, we expect to dress in something more conservative. Maybe he was jealous that Johnny's outfits always garner the most attention. He went all Romulan on him. If that's the case, I've gotta give Evan +1.

I thought Evan's "Trekkie" styled costume was an improvement over his previous black LP costume. I sort of liked it and think it goes better with his tan
    He needs to do something about that Romulan helmet hair though

If Johnny wants to look pretty he should go see Alissa's designer. I think she is always beautifully dressed and Johnny appears clueless when it comes to good taste in fashion.

I think Johnny concentrates much too much on his jumps, which are limited, and it takes away from his performance which really is his forte.

Since he has not upped his tech in years, the PC scores are a must. I remember when his 3A was a beautiful move in his performance, and now it is a hit-or-miss trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I think Johnny concentrates much too much on his jumps, which are limited, and it takes away from his performance which really is his forte.

Since he has not upped his tech in years, the PC scores are a must. I remember when his 3A was a beautiful move in his performance, and now it is a hit-or-miss trick.
    Johnny finished 5th in the LP at Natls.
    That LP might not be good enough for even a top ten finish in Vancouver.

Ryan landed two quads and with two clean skates he has the potential to outscore Weir.

Where is the committee ?
    Last edited by janetfan; 01-19-2010 at 08:57 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Johnny finished 5th in the LP at Natls.
    That LP might not be good enough for even a top ten finish in Vancouver.

Ryan landed two quads and with two clean skates he has the potential to outscore Weir.

Where is the committee ?
    But I don't think the international judges like Bradley's style that much. Besides his speed was very slow even though he finished the movement decently. I think this program would be a great show program though. I have to admit that I like it.

For some reason, I think, it's hard for Johnny to slip off the top 10. He might, but somehow, he has been helped by other skaters for many times.

Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    But I don't think the international judges like Bradley's style that much. Besides his speed was very slow even though he finished the movement decently. I think this program would be a great show program though. I have to admit that I like it.

For some reason, I think, it's hard for Johnny to slip off the top 10. He might, but somehow, he has been helped by other skaters for many times.
    I was not being so serious and Johnny won his spot on the USA team fair and square.

It just proves my point that there is MORE to skating than the quad.
    Ryan landed a quad in his SP and two in his LP and still finished fourth - behind a skater who had no quad and only one 3A

I like Johnny's SP this year but his LP seems to be lacking something.

Custom Title
    I was not being so serious and Johnny won his spot on the USA team fair and square.
    You've been so humble lately which has made me feel bad. No, I have found something we had in common. We both like Jeremy Abbott's skating very much, and hate Johnny Weir's costume.

It just proves my point that there is MORE to skating than the quad.
    Ryan landed a quad in his SP and two in his LP and still finished fourth - behind a skater who had no quad and only one 3A
    I have never thought that quad alone could be good enough for anything. Otherwise, I would argue that Timothy Geobel should be the OGM in 2002 instead of Alexei Yagudin.

No, quad is not everything. But no quad is not acceptable, at least as a gold medalist, in my book.
    Last edited by jennylovskt; 01-19-2010 at 10:40 AM.

You've been so humble lately which has made me feel bad. No, I have found something we had in common. We both like Jeremy Abbott's skating very much, and hate Johnny Weir's costume.

I have never thought that quad alone could be good enough for anything. Otherwise, I would argue that Timothy Geobel should be the OGM in 2002 instead of Alexei Yagudin.

No, quad is not everything. But no quad is not acceptable as a gold medalist in my book.
    Too much agreement between us is no fun
    So let us consider this possibilty.

What if Evan lands a quad in Vancouver (and the others mess up) and he wins the OGM. Is that acceptable to you

Custom Title
    Too much agreement between us is no fun
    So let us consider this possibilty.

What if Evan lands a quad in Vancouver (and the others mess up) and he wins the OGM. Is that acceptable to you
    Oh, God! Please, please! I am not against him doing a clean quad. But I hope what you said would never happen!!!

That's the thorn in my eyes, and you knew it. I almost regreted that I have waked up the beast side of you.
    Last edited by jennylovskt; 01-19-2010 at 10:58 AM.

Oh, God! Please, please! I am not against him doing a clean quad. But I hope what you said would never happen!!!

That's the thorn in my eyes, and you knew it. I almost regreted that I have waked up the beast side of you.
    I am a Jeremy fan - and hope he can skate his best in Vancouver and maybe win a medal.

I will be fine with whoever wins. I think Joubert will win if he skates his best - but would not be surprised to see Evan beat him again because his new StarTrek costume is so great

yeah Ryan's 3A went out the window, too, though.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast