Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Thread: Senior Mens LP

Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    Why not? We have had a World Champion who's 3A is like 3S . ...Any way, it won't happen again, at least from what I've seen so far this year.
    Better worry about Jeremy. If he is on in Vancouver he could be hard to beat.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    What does Brian Joubert have that Jeremy doesn't? Aside from star power and a more decorated career? I don't know ... I'm asking seriously. It's not a rhetorical question.
    If you ask me, I would say not much, except the power, the force, and the speed, maybe plus the consistency. I imagine that's where Jeremy loses his PCS. On the other hand, Abbott does have more musicality, the inner deep feeling, and the detail portraying.

If you ask me, I would say not much, except the power, the force, and the speed, maybe plus the consistency. I imagine that's where Jeremy loses his PCS. On the other hand, Abbott does have more musicality, the inner deep feeling, and the detail portraying.
    I like both of them so for second time this week we agree

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    I'd say that's a pretty good assessment. The consistency thing is an issue but Jeremy has really gained confidence I think. He said at the news conference after nationals that last year he peaked too soon and was exhausted and unfocused at worlds. He said he has been careful to pace himself better this year.
    Maybe it'll be the same for Alissa. She and Jeremy were both national champions and both finished 11th at 2009 world. But only Alissa got so much grief for it.

Whippet Good!
    Maybe it'll be the same for Alissa. She and Jeremy were both national champions and both finished 11th at 2009 world. But only Alissa got so much grief for it.
    Because she and Flatt couldn't regain the 3 spots for US. In actuality, the 2008 team of Meisner, Liang, and Wagner should be blamed.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Because she and Flatt couldn't regain the 3 spots for US. In actuality, the 2008 team of Meisner, Liang, and Wagner should be blamed.
    A frequently overlooked point.

A frequently overlooked point.
    Very true and those three get a free ride and only Alissa is blamed.

Go Alissa, good luck tonight!

But then again, the U.S. World team in 2008 should have been Mirai, Rachel and Ashley, so the real culprit is the ISU age rules.

Custom Title
    What does Brian Joubert have that Jeremy doesn't? Aside from star power and a more decorated career? I don't know ... I'm asking seriously. It's not a rhetorical question.
    Jeremy isn't a memorable skater and his musicality is the same as Matt Savoie's - both skaters have good qualities but do not grab the audience. Even though Jeremy's free skate was spectacular, I was more excited by Evan's skating.

Brian Joubert and Plushenko may not have that "musical" skating that Jeremy has but those guys (and Lambiel) are way above him in projecting to an audience. Unrelated but I saw Plush's Euros SP on youtube and even with the crappy image was more exciting and interesting than Jeremy's LP that I had seen on large screen TV.

Whippet Good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    But then again, the U.S. World team in 2008 should have been Mirai, Rachel and Ashley, so the real culprit is the ISU age rules.
    Heh. True.

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Now that I'm watching replays on youtube, I think Ryan should've gotten Johnny's place at the Olympics...... Jeremy should skate at Worlds like he did there....... and if both Jeremy and Ryan skate like they did at Nats, I think they have a shot.
    As for Adam, I can see him doing well in Torino, too. Though I'll miss Evan.
    Last edited by #1Kerryfan; 03-22-2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: grammar

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27