Thread: When do they draw start orders?

When do they draw start orders?

I have a meeting on February 16th during the Men's SP! Ack!!! Trying to figure out if I schould reschedule or if I should just try to duck out early. How dare someone call a meeting during the Men's SP! LOL

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Info is from Sylvia on fsu
    Mens draw is on Sunday 14 february at 2 pm.

Custom Title
    Will the draw be random or based on ISU ranking??

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    As far as I remember from the previous the draw is random. Olys is not isu competition.

Custom Title
    ^^Right; I thought that would be the case... Wow; than the draw is actually pretty exciting!

Custom Title
    Im know Im in the minority here... But I hate the total random draw for the Olympics.. I really dont want another waay anticlimatic SP for men like in Torino where Plushenko skated second and after that it was hours of mediocre skating and splatfests.. And for sure the audience isnt interested in that either, remember how very empty was when Sandhu (last in the draw) finally skated..I'd really really hate it if this time Jeremy,Plush, Joub, Evan or Taka skate in the first 2 groups and in the final flight we have Nurmenakri, Kelemen, Domanski, etc (not a dismiss to those guys but they are just not in the same league).

A draw according to WS is the way to go, and I know the worlds stangind need a lot of fixing but for a competition draw they are fair enough, top 6 ranked draw to skate in the final flight, and then the next 6 ranked and so and so.. Of course Im aware Plush and Lambiel will be skating like only in the 3rd group but all the other big guns will be reserved for later and prime time tv.

Im know Im in the minority here... But I hate the total random draw for the Olympics.. I really dont want another waay anticlimatic SP for men like in Torino where Plushenko skated second and after that it was hours of mediocre skating and splatfests.. And for sure the audience isnt interested in that either, remember how very empty was when Sandhu (last in the draw) finally skated..I'd really really hate it if this time Jeremy,Plush, Joub, Evan or Taka skate in the first 2 groups and in the final flight we have Nurmenakri, Kelemen, Domanski, etc (not a dismiss to those guys but they are just not in the same league).

A draw according to WS is the way to go, and I know the worlds stangind need a lot of fixing but for a competition draw they are fair enough, top 6 ranked draw to skate in the final flight, and then the next 6 ranked and so and so.. Of course Im aware Plush and Lambiel will be skating like only in the 3rd group but all the other big guns will be reserved for later and prime time tv.
    You know, I totally agree. I hate the random draw at the Olympics. Not to mention, I'll be done my meeting before the two final flights. LOL