Thread: Gala

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

0 Not allowed!

Gala

Anyone else watching? They just showed all the Junior champions and they were great! Alexandra Paul, the female ice dancer, is a total star. She is amazing!

CBC just interviewed D/B and both are still close to tears. I want to give them both a hug! A lyric from their exhibition is "I want to suffer just so I know I'm alive" - how telling of their week here!

Myriame Samson skated to What A Wonderful World by Celine Dion. She was stunningly gorgeous and landed an exquisite triple lutz. She looked so happy as well - I hope she gets sent to Four Continents! I am a big fan

Oh my god, Kurt just nick -named Kevin, "Kevin G-Force Reynolds" becuase of the quad
    Last edited by i love to skate; 01-17-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: spelling

0 Not allowed!
    Tess and Scott brought back their first exhibition number - where she is in a tutu! It was fantastic! They also did the old dismount from the Goose and nailed it! Great gala!!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, was fun.

0 Not allowed!
    Was so surprised to see that lovely classic back from Tessa and Scott. It's always been a great number for them, but now that they're a little bit older, it's even better!!!

It was so wonderful to see Mark Rowsom again and to hear his voice hasn't changed a bit over the years. I remember when he sang Oh Canada before the old Champions On Ice shows/tour that happened during the Fall of 88 and being wowed by his voice then. He's still got it!!

It's a great team and it was a great send off to them as well!! Good Luck in Vancouver Gang!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Was so surprised to see that lovely classic back from Tessa and Scott. It's always been a great number for them, but now that they're a little bit older, it's even better!!!

It was so wonderful to see Mark Rowsom again and to hear his voice hasn't changed a bit over the years. I remember when he sang Oh Canada before the old Champions On Ice shows/tour that happened during the Fall of 88 and being wowed by his voice then. He's still got it!!

It's a great team and it was a great send off to them as well!! Good Luck in Vancouver Gang!!!
    Wasn't it Jeff Patrick who sang?
    Last edited by i love to skate; 01-17-2010 at 10:32 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    The "Skate Canada Anthem", yes, Jeff sang that, but it was Mark who did Oh Canada at the end.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    What time was the gala on? I did not see it.

0 Not allowed!
    Cynthia skated to Britney spears "Circus" and included a 3 loop. D/D were wonderful skating to coldplay. Joannie a fun program to Shakira, and Patrick , i forget what the music was , something like rule the world. ? He skated great, and the crowd seemed to love V/M ballet/hip hop dance program.

Iam outside Canada and clicked on the cbc link for the Gala and it actually worked for me

0 Not allowed!
    Patrick skated to Viva La Vida by Coldplay and choreographed by Kurt Browning.

Erica

0 Not allowed!
    Patrick's program was good, but I was unimpressed with Kevin and Vaughan's, especially Vaughan's.