Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sandra Bezic and Scott Hamilton

Custom Title
    Sandra Bezic is so pro-Canadian. I wish NBC would dump her because no one in the US really cares about Canadians. When a skater has a Canadian choreographer, she gushes on and on about the choreography. Like Johnny's David Wilson choreographed program which was incredibly boring and disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by soogar View Post
    I wish NBC would dump her because no one in the US really cares about Canadians.
    please speak for yourself and not "All Americans" I know quite a few who LOVE several Canadian athletes (and skaters).

Banned
    Sandra Bezic is so pro-Canadian. I wish NBC would dump her because no one in the US really cares about Canadians.
    That's very typical American who also thinks USA is the center of the universe?

again, one statement does not make it true. the vast majority of Americans know the world does not focus on just us...

Medalist
    I just miss Dick Button. NO one can call a program as articulately as him.

Sandra Bezic is so pro-Canadian. I wish NBC would dump her because no one in the US really cares about Canadians. When a skater has a Canadian choreographer, she gushes on and on about the choreography. .

I like so much of Sandra's choreo - and she has created some OGM winning programs for our American skaters.

She will always be OK with me.
    Last edited by janetfan; 01-18-2010 at 08:00 PM.

Brian Boitano is forever in her debt

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Brian Boitano is forever in her debt

Yes, and Kristi too ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

please speak for yourself and not "All Americans" I know quite a few who LOVE several Canadian athletes (and skaters).
    I'm with you on that, Toni (Brian O., Kurt, Jeff, Patrick, Shawn Sawyer, Joannie, Jen R., B&K, Dube & Davison, Jamie & David, Marie France & Patrice, to name a few).
    Last edited by iluvtodd; 01-19-2010 at 05:23 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    That's very typical American who also thinks USA is the center of the universe?
    When I watch US Nationals, I don't want to hear Canada-centric commentating. I also don't like her pro-Canadian bias when commentating on skaters from other countries either- esp since she is commentating for an American broadcast.

the ultimate commentary shouldn't be pro anything - but great skates and the sport itself, but then the person wouldn't be human. EVERYONE has biases... to say she can't be Canadian because she's on American TV is a bit silly.
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 01-18-2010 at 08:58 PM.

Custom Title

I am American and while I'm rooting for B&A to have a much better end of season than their beginning, and win or at least come away with a medal, it would not break my heart one bit if V&M won the gold. I'm also rooting for another of my favorites, Joannie Rochette to repeat her LP performance from the Canadian Nationals and find herself on the podium.

And jettasian, by making broad generalizations about all Americans you are showing yourself to be no different from the people you are complaining about.

Custom Title
    I don't think that Sandra is necessarily pro Canadian in her commentary. I think she favors a particular style of skating and choreography. She has been very plain about that over the years. She is a purist in many ways and while she appreciates innovation (for example Lambiel or Takahashi) she usually prefers it to be part of a cohesive whole rather than for its own sake. Don't get me wrong, I have my disagreements with her on many things, but I think she is pretty fair as far as national bias most of the time. Also, many of the top skaters from the around the world are going to Lori Nichol and David Wilson to create programs at the moment, not just North Americans.

Also consider that she is just as well known for the programs she choreographed for non-Canadians (Boitano, Yamaguchi, Chen, Lipinski) I would say she has a fairly open-minded perspective.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyan View Post

And jettasian, by making broad generalizations about all Americans you are showing yourself to be no different from the people you are complaining about.
    Eh, my comment was directly pointing at soogar, yes, people like him/her do think USA is the center of the universe. Oh, you will be surprised how true that is!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    Eh, my comment was directly pointing at soogar, yes, people like him/her do think USA is the center of the universe. Oh, you will be surprised how true that is!
    Actually, I am far from US-centric as many of the older posters can attest to.

I don't follow skating as closely as I used to so when I watch the NBC broadcast, I'm almost in the same shoes as the average viewer. I find it annoying the way Sandra criticizes the new system- when the average viewer most likely will not have an ax to grind- and her biased commenting does not add anything to a viewer's knowledge of the sport.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast