Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Sandra Bezic and Scott Hamilton

Remember when Rosie O said something about someone winning pairs dancing. Stupid. I really don't like Sandra and really don't care that much for Scott's commentating but he is improving. I still liked Dick B. And Tracy. And Suzie.

Custom Title
    Tracy is pro-canada. I can't believe she called Joannie Rochette's LP at the 2009 Worlds like it's the second coming of christ. Sandra is rarely pro anything. She seems to be neutral/negative most of the time. I don't recall her being overtly enthusiastic about anyone. I like her that way.

Custom Title
    I really like Sandra after the ladies SP, actually. She called it like it is. When Caroline Zhang rocked her flip edge back and forth, Sandra called it.
    I honest don't know who Sandra likes/dislikes after the entire competition. Good to have an objective commentator for the sport.

I think the person NBC really needs to get rid of is Andrea Joyce. She's a pariah to all skaters (and other sport athletes, too.) I really can't stand her. Who really need to hear her dig into skaters after they had a tough outing?

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    I don't recall her being overtly enthusiastic about anyone. I like her that way.
    Sale & Pelletier 2002
    Evan Lysacek every time he takes the ice

Boitano always gets raving reviews from her as well (way back when they had professional competitions)... she'd even choose him over Browning if need be (and she choreographed more for Kurt in later years). Not sure how she chooses her loyalties, but she is just as biased as teh others.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Sale & Pelletier 2002
    Evan Lysacek every time he takes the ice

Boitano always gets raving reviews from her as well (way back when they had professional competitions)... she'd even choose him over Browning if need be (and she choreographed more for Kurt in later years). Not sure how she chooses her loyalties, but she is just as biased as teh others.
    I don't watch dance, so Sandra's notoriety totally escaped me.
    I thought she said some nice things about Evan because he did some nice things.
    I just started watching figure skating in the past year so whatever Sandra said before was a tabula rasa.

Sandra doesn't commentate for ice dance. Pairs, Mens, and Ladies yes... ice dance is Tracy Wilson (another canadian).

Custom Title
    Tracy Wilson is a much better commentator than Sandra Bezic and is not biased. I really enjoy her commentary - especially the Olympics. She points out good things in all the couples.

Sandra was much better in the ladies though it seems that no lady went to Canada to get choreography. I was so surprised that she didn't really go on and on about Orser being Gao's coach. Maybe they do read internet feedback and she may have been spoken to about the Canadian cheerleading.

she's never been in Orser's camp, though. Scott is the one that gushes on and on about Orser's work as a coach - and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by soogar View Post
    Sandra was much better in the ladies though it seems that no lady went to Canada to get choreography.
    Sasha, Alissa, Mirai, Caroline, Rachael, etc. are all choreographed by either Wilson or Nichol...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4