LAST MINUTE Thoughts on Ladies | Page 4 | Golden Skate

LAST MINUTE Thoughts on Ladies

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I am a little worried Ashley wants to "too much" like last year. I have my money on Mirai to skate two clean performances. Glad to hear she is happy and skating well. Any news of Emiliy Hughes? or Bebe?

Nigel

On the Ice
To help jump-start some last-second discussion of ladies before the SP on Thursday, Sylvia (Thanks FSO) has been tweeting practice info from today's session:

http://twitter.com/SylviaUnseen

All of Sylvia's comments from ladies yesterday at Eagles (last post listed first):

Wagner's FS run thru: 3F-2T-2T, 3Lo, spirals into 2A, 3S, 3Lo-2A seq, 3F-2A(ur?), 3Lz off-balance.

Zhang also landed 3F-3T, 3Lo-2T-'tano 2Lo, 3Lo, and several 3S. Only saw 1 fall and 1 step out -- both on 3F.

In Sr Ladies Grp D, Zhang was first up and did a SP run thru: 3F-3T (couldn't see landing of toe), footwork into 3Lo, 2A (still small).

Nagasu also landed 2A-3T and Ina Bauer into 3Lo-2A seq. Her spins, spirals & footwork looked great. Charming smiles throughout.

Nagasu ran thru her SP: 3Lz-2T, 3F, 2A. Some of her Lutz & flip landings looked iffy but some had good flow out as well.

Flatt worked on 3Lz-3Lo combos afterwards and landed at least one cleanly that I saw.

Catching up on Sr Ladies Grp C & D practice highlights...

Flatt's FS run thru: 2A, 3F-3T, 3Lz, 3Lo, 3Lz-2T, 3F-2T-2Lo, 3S.

Group C on ice: Flatt, Nagasu, Bulanhagui, Dobbs, Morrow (Maxwell WD).

Czisny did a FS run thru, landing 3Lz-2T, 3F, 3Lo, 2A, 3Lz, 3T-turns-2T, 3T fall. Afterwards she landed 2A-2A seq., 3Lz-2T, 3Lo & 3T, etc.

Group B practice: Czisny, Bereswill, Rosenthal, Diggs, Kawamura, Khazova.

Gilles did a FS run thru with a few triples -- flip, loop and toe. She landed more triples afterwards, including 3S-2T, 3Lz-2T & some 3T-3T.

Gao methodically landed many triples, including 3Lz, 3F-2T-2Lo, and 3T-3T and had good flow out on her landings.

On the ice for Group A: Gao, Gilles, Gong, Stern. GAO just did a SP run thru without triples and her stand-in coaches today are Meno & Sand.

1st official practice for Sr ladies at Eagles rink has started. Sasha's SP music was just played.--she's not here.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Gao methodically landed many triples, including 3Lz, 3F-2T-2Lo, and 3T-3T and had good flow out on her landings.

Christina landed a 3-3? Good for her! Hope she does it in the program and places really high :agree: ....and that they send her to jr world's instead of Caroline, Mirai, and Ashley (again).

Sounds like Mirai has defeated her 2009 demons and that Alissa is landing most of her jumps....should be VERY intense tomorrow!

R.D.

Record Breaker
There was another practice today and seems like Czisny did pretty well. She's one of the first to skate, anyway, so we'll just have to see. Only four more hours ;)

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Let's do it Alissa!! Hold it together! Get a nice cushion in the SP so if you wax the ice once in the FS you can still make it!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Anyone hear how Mirai's practices have been going? I'm interested to see how she's skating after seeing such improvement at SC.

Poodlepal

On the Ice
I discovered a way to make fun predictions using a handheld Yahtzee machine, which I won't go into here. Anyway, here is how it came out:

1. Ashley--rocked the short program, came in 2nd in the long, our new champion!

2. Rachael--did terrible in the short (5th) but won the long program, earned her spot.

3. Caroline--much better than the Grand Prix, came in 3rd in both. Should be going to Vancouver

4. Alissa--Meh! in both, 4th overall.

5. Sasha--2nd in the short, but fell apart in the long

6. Mirai--not a good day. 6th in both.

So, there's the predictions. It actually seems plausible, but who knows. Maybe next I'll ask the Ouiji board or the 8 ball next--they could be more accurate..:laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Cross fingers that your prediction for Wagner is right.

I hope Rachel and Mirai do MUCH better than you predicted

Last edited:

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
I just want all of them to skate their best. I just can not imagine how much of hard work and sacrifice each skater had to make to get here. I admire each one of them. Show the world how great american skaters are!!:rock::rock:

There was another practice today and seems like Czisny did pretty well. She's one of the first to skate, anyway, so we'll just have to see. Only four more hours ;)

Is it just me or is this a really loooooooooooooooong day??? :p