Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Most Flexible Female Skater I have Seen...

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

Most Flexible Female Skater I have Seen...

I have been a skater and have watched many a skater in my time, but I have to say Sasha Cohen is the most flexible female skater I have ever seen. Those positions she hits are amazing. It's a treat to see her skate. I think if Sasha remains focused she will be hard to beat this season.

Certainly the most flexible legs anyway. I think the award for the most flexible back might have to go to Lucinda Ruh.

Lucinda gets the honour of greatest spinner. There just is no one who can spin like her. She is unbelievable.

Rory Flack Burghart is another with amazing flexibility.

Piel

Custom Title
    Another vote for Lucinda...nobody even comes close to her flexibility! I always firmly believed that if she could have mastered the jumps, she'd be a World and Olympic champion many times over!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    And Natalia Mishketunok, whose name I can't spell, was the most flexible pairs skater that I recall.
    dpp

Tripping on the Podium
    Originally posted by DORISPULASKI
    And Natalia Mishketunok, whose name I can't spell, was the most flexible pairs skater that I recall.
    dpp
    How do you think that Utaki Wakamatsu, from the new Canadian pairs team Wakamatsu/Fecteau, compares to Natalia? They ended teir SA short program with the same combo spin that she did with Artur Dmitriev, and also did an eye-popping lift that I had only ever seen performed by Leonova/Kvalko. It seemed to me that Wakamatsu's split was even more extravagent than Leonova's. I swear, her hip bones must be able to rotate some ungodly number of degrees in her hip socket!

Tripping on the Podium
    Well for some reason I can't seem to edit the above post but I wanted to correct:

It's Utako, not Utaki -- sorry!!!

From Mathman to Geseledepkat: If you edit you post right away, you can do that and it won't even say "edited by..." But if you try to edit something twice, too soon, you can't because you can only make one post a minute, ot something like that. This is to prevent spamming. Just wait a couple of minutes and you should be able to edit your post, if you haven't posted anything else for a minute or so.

Mathman
    Last edited by Mathman; 10-30-2003 at 06:36 PM.

average opinionated skate fan
    Let's add Nicole Bobek to the list of beny-stretchy skaters. The whole emphasis on hyper extended spirals began with her in the modern era and also her hydroblading moves are exceptional.

+ Medalist +
    Originally posted by sk8m8
    Let's add Nicole Bobek to the list of beny-stretchy skaters. The whole emphasis on hyper extended spirals began with her in the modern era and also her hydroblading moves are exceptional.
    Yup, she gets my vote.

Custom Title
    Don't leave out Denise Biellmann, the spin that is such an incredible display of flexibility was named after her! She also had other challenging spin positions and was able to do these well into her 30s. Extremely impressive!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    All of them absolutely astound me. I do like Utako Wakamatsu, but I didn't think her Mishketunok spin is as yet as extreme and Natalia's when Natalia was at her fighting weight, so to speak. (But I really like this new pair, and really liked their SP at Skate America) dpp

Most Flexible Female Skater I have Seen...

As for hydroblading, I have to add Shae-Lynn Bourne as the expert, afterall Victor and Shae introduced hydroblading to the skating world - thanks to Ushi Kesler (the inventor) - here in Canada the move is known as the "Shae crunch."

Shae-Lynn is also a very flexible skater.

Of course, Denise Biellman is at the top of the list as well for flexibility. Her spin has been emulated by many skaters, but she does it the best.

Custom Title
    I think the most all-round flexible female skater is Sasha Cohen. Other really flexible sjaters maybe have nice laybacks, or Biellman spins or spirals,etc. But Sasha has the whole flexy package.

Yukina Ota has a reeeeeeeeely flexible back though.

Questions: Anyone seen Natalie Krieg? Do you think her Biellman spin is better than Biellman's ( just a question don't kill me!)

I know it's off topic but who are the most flexible among the men?

Custom Title
    Men: Evgeni Plushenko, Rohene Ward,
    for some reason I think Emanuel Sadhu is flexible?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast