Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Practice videos

0 Not allowed!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks! I'll make sure to watch them later, though I'm pretty sure I've already seen Evgeni & Stephane (not his SP though).

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Thanks! I'll make sure to watch them later, though I'm pretty sure I've already seen Evgeni & Stephane (not his SP though).
    Stephane's last step sequance in his SP is very entertaining. :D

n_halifax

0 Not allowed!
    I am really liking what I am seeing so far of Stephane's new FS - a lot of depth, excellent control of his edges in his footwork, transitions and expression. Very reminiscent of Petr Barna!

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Pretty useless effort by Plushy.

I really like Stephane's style- very lyrical yet masculine. Kind of a silly music choice for the SP (the cavalry tune in the end I mean) and in the FS I like that he put off the Drinking Song until the very end of the program =p.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    today plushy practice LP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNT3WBbg8gg
    that channel has fernadez, lambiel and more!

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Air-kiss directly in front of the judges- yea he'll win

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hauteor View Post
    Air-kiss directly in front of the judges
    No, this is the place where i ll be sitting

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Omg, thanks seniorita for the brand new LP practice of Zhenya!!!!!!

His 4T/3T I had to watch again & again & again, lol, seriously I wish at that moment I was somehow teleported to the arena to watch it in person. If what I felt (aka chills) just from my computer screen, I can't imagine what it must feel like in person.

I like his quick turns in opposite directions, as well as that mini spread eagle (reminiscent of Brian Boitano's) -- fluid, fast, gorgeous --- but my favorite is his step sequence straight down the rink, totally reminiscent of his 2006 Olympic one!

Lol, I can see why Evan Lysacek's reminded me of Zhenya's last night -- emulation is the greatest form of compliment -- and whom to emulate but the very best!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    PS: just now watched Stephane's SP practice, and am honestly glad that he seems to have gotten his jumps back! I want everybody to skate their very best, and may the best man win!

By the way, I also noticed how the other skaters got out of Evgeni's way when he was practicing, but not so much Stephane. It is my understanding that when a skater's music plays, the other skaters are supposed to make room for him/her.

0 Not allowed!
    I m not 100% sure but I think Lambiel was not on the same practice group as Plush

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Stepahne's LP I can watch all day. What beauty. His SP is good, not the music I would have picked, but he makes anything look good. Plushenko didn't seem to be doing much.

Domina and Shabalin looked slightly better, but I will be very dissapointed if they win this competition.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    By the way, I also noticed how the other skaters got out of Evgeni's way when he was practicing, but not so much Stephane. It is my understanding that when a skater's music plays, the other skaters are supposed to make room for him/her.
    Does this mean that we'll see PLUSHY OBSTRUCTED BY LAMBIEL or SWISS SKATERS INTERRUPT PLUSHENKO PRACTICE uber-videos on Youtube?

On a more serious note, however, I agree with seniorita--I don't think Lambiel was in the same practice group as Plushenko.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    On a more serious note, however, I agree with seniorita--I don't think Lambiel was in the same practice group as Plushenko.
    And he wasn't
    He was in the practice group number one, with Pfeifer, Romanenkov, Parr, Berntsson and Schultheiss:
    http://twitpic.com/ymp9q/full

btw, Javier Fernandez's new SP (Once upon a time in Mexico)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V468TVRcyVc

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

Sorry, I didn't understand what seniorita meant nor you either evangeline, then it came to me what you two thought I meant, and I couldn't stop laughing.

MY APOLOGIES, I guess I didn't word myself correctly. What I meant to say was that during Evgeni's practice the other skaters got out of his way. However, during Stephane's practice, the other skaters didn't. Therefore, I just assumed they had more respect for Evgeni because he is after all the King. And I felt kinda sorry for Stephane because I didn't think the other skaters respected him too much. That's all I meant.

No biggie in the grand scheme of things. It was my perception after all. Might not even be true. No harm done.

GOOOOOOO EVGENI & STEPHANE!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast