Practice videos | Golden Skate

Practice videos

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thanks! :) I'll make sure to watch them later, though I'm pretty sure I've already seen Evgeni & Stephane (not his SP though).

N

n_halifax

I am really liking what I am seeing so far of Stephane's new FS - a lot of depth, excellent control of his edges in his footwork, transitions and expression. Very reminiscent of Petr Barna!

hauteor

On the Ice
Pretty useless effort by Plushy.

I really like Stephane's style- very lyrical yet masculine. Kind of a silly music choice for the SP (the cavalry tune in the end I mean) and in the FS I like that he put off the Drinking Song until the very end of the program =p.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Omg, thanks seniorita for the brand new LP practice of Zhenya!!!!!!:rock:

His 4T/3T I had to watch again & again & again, lol, seriously I wish at that moment I was somehow teleported to the arena to watch it in person. If what I felt (aka chills) just from my computer screen, I can't imagine what it must feel like in person.

I like his quick turns in opposite directions, as well as that mini spread eagle (reminiscent of Brian Boitano's) -- fluid, fast, gorgeous --- but my favorite is his step sequence straight down the rink, totally reminiscent of his 2006 Olympic one!

Lol, I can see why Evan Lysacek's reminded me of Zhenya's last night -- emulation is the greatest form of compliment -- and whom to emulate but the very best!:cool:

Nadine

Record Breaker
PS: just now watched Stephane's SP practice, and am honestly glad that he seems to have gotten his jumps back!:thumbsup: I want everybody to skate their very best, and may the best man win!

By the way, I also noticed how the other skaters got out of Evgeni's way when he was practicing, but not so much Stephane. It is my understanding that when a skater's music plays, the other skaters are supposed to make room for him/her.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Stepahne's LP I can watch all day. What beauty. His SP is good, not the music I would have picked, but he makes anything look good. Plushenko didn't seem to be doing much.

Domina and Shabalin looked slightly better, but I will be very dissapointed if they win this competition.

evangeline

Record Breaker
By the way, I also noticed how the other skaters got out of Evgeni's way when he was practicing, but not so much Stephane. It is my understanding that when a skater's music plays, the other skaters are supposed to make room for him/her.

Does this mean that we'll see PLUSHY OBSTRUCTED BY LAMBIEL or SWISS SKATERS INTERRUPT PLUSHENKO PRACTICE uber-videos on Youtube? :laugh:

On a more serious note, however, I agree with seniorita--I don't think Lambiel was in the same practice group as Plushenko.

Nadine

Record Breaker
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry, I didn't understand what seniorita meant nor you either evangeline, then it came to me what you two thought I meant, and I couldn't stop laughing.:laugh:

MY APOLOGIES, I guess I didn't word myself correctly. :) What I meant to say was that during Evgeni's practice the other skaters got out of his way. However, during Stephane's practice, the other skaters didn't. Therefore, I just assumed they had more respect for Evgeni because he is after all the King.;) And I felt kinda sorry for Stephane because I didn't think the other skaters respected him too much. That's all I meant.

No biggie in the grand scheme of things. It was my perception after all. Might not even be true. No harm done. :)

:love:GOOOOOOO EVGENI & STEPHANE!!!!:love:

N

n_halifax

Javier's short program isn't near as exciting as his free skate... but I still like it. :agree:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
One of the Passion Patinage forum posters is reporting that the French guys are in Tallinn (Brian's flight was delayed and he landed late) and were practicing this morning. They all did SP run throughs and Joubert has been seen landing quads and triple Lutzes. I don't think there are any videos yet, though.

Apparently Sergei Voronov arrived but his skates did not :frown:.

Last edited:

schiele

Final Flight
One of the Passion Patinage forum posters is reporting that the French guys are in Tallinn (Brian's flight was delayed and he landed late) and were practicing this morning. They all did SP run throughs and Joubert has been seen landing quads and triple Lutzes. I don't think there are any videos yet, though.

Apparently Sergei Voronov arrived but his skates did not :frown:.

Oh, those poor russian skaters with their cursed skates never arriving! :rofl::rofl:

I am dying to see some practice footage from Jouby and Ponsero.