Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: US 2010 Junior Worlds Team

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    beijing
    Posts
    1,910

    US 2010 Junior Worlds Team

    Mens announced:

    Grant Hochstein
    Armin Mahbanoozadeh
    Ross Miner

    Alt 1: Keegan Messing
    Alt 2: Richard Dornbush
    Alt 3: Jason Brown (just won US junior title)

    Ross Miner had to withdraw from US Nationals this year due to ankle (?) injury. So depending on Ross' healing or not, Keegan may want to keep training hard for a bit longer!
    Last edited by bigsisjiejie; 01-18-2010 at 05:38 PM.

  2. #2
    Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    625
    Thank you! Have the pairs been announced as well?

  3. #3
    Custom Title Morning Glory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    in the Lavender Garden
    Posts
    455
    Thank you for the information!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Ross Miner had to withdraw from US Nationals this year due to ankle (?) injury. So depending on Ross' healing or not, Keegan may want to keep training hard for a bit longer!
    Glad to hear Ross Miner goes to Jr. Wolds. I hope his strong recovery.

  4. #4
    Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    625
    Am I alone in finding it odd that they released the men's Olympic, 4CCs, Worlds and World Junior entries but only the Olympic, 4CCs and Worlds team in pairs?

  5. #5
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by n_halifax View Post
    Am I alone in finding it odd that they released the men's Olympic, 4CCs, Worlds and World Junior entries but only the Olympic, 4CCs and Worlds team in pairs?
    There are very few junior-eligible pairs teams (for international competitions) in the US. They clearly want the results of the junior competition at US Nationals before they name the pairs entries for Junior Worlds.

  6. #6
    Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by RUKen View Post
    There are very few junior-eligible pairs teams (for international competitions) in the US. They clearly want the results of the junior competition at US Nationals before they name the pairs entries for Junior Worlds.
    Very good point! In my infinite wisdom, for some reason I thought Junior pairs were done and I was looking at the short program results and thinking they were final results... it's Monday.

  7. #7
    Tripping on the Podium Narumi1997's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    64
    For the Jr. Pairs, this is what i'd think it'd be
    1. Zhang/Toth
    2.Simpson/Miller
    3/Carman/Reiss

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    beijing
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Narumi1997 View Post
    For the Jr. Pairs, this is what i'd think it'd be
    1. Zhang/Toth
    2.Simpson/Miller
    3/Carman/Reiss
    I think this is likely to be the case, as there is no team skating seniors this year that is age-eligible, and only 4 (including these 3) skating junior. The question then is what to do about alternates--I suppose they will be looking into the novice ranks for that.

  9. #9
    Tripping on the Podium Narumi1997's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    I think this is likely to be the case, as there is no team skating seniors this year that is age-eligible, and only 4 (including these 3) skating junior. The question then is what to do about alternates--I suppose they will be looking into the novice ranks for that.
    Probably Cain/Reagan, Vollmer/Sidhu and Duarte/Grafton

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,423
    USFS' Selection committee is not scheduled to meet again until Saturday, so that's why the Junior World pairs selections have not been announced yet.

    My guess is the same as Narumi1997's: the top 3 age-eligible finishers in Juniors (#1, 2 & 5) and ditto for the Novices (#1, 2 & 4 as the alternates).

  11. #11
    Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    625
    I guess the ladies, pairs and dance teams will be announced early next week.

  12. #12
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,423
    Here is the rest of the US team for Junior Worlds -- to be considered unofficial until confirmed by USFS (hopefully by later today):

    Ladies: Ashley Wagner (S3), Christina Gao (S5), Agnes Zawadzki (J1);
    Ladies alternates 1-3: Kiri Baga (J4), Lindsay Davis (J3), Melissa Bulanhagui (S12).

    Dance: Shibutani/Shibutani (J1), Tibbetts/Brubaker (J2), Gilles/Donohue (J3);
    Alternates 1-3: Cannuscio/Lorello (J4), Olson/Cowan (J5), Bonacorsi/Mager (J6).

    Pairs: Zhang/Toth (J1), Simpson/Miller (J2), Carman/Reiss (J5);
    Alternates: Cain/Reagan (N1), Vollmer/Sidhu (N2), Duarte/Grafton (N4).

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,125
    ^^ Really??? I thought I read somewhere that Ashley was no longer age-eligible for Jr Worlds? I feel bad for her to have to go there a third time; but if it's confirmed I'll be really excited for myself because The Hague is one of the nearest possible location for the event to be at! Would I finally meet Ashley after all?

  14. #14
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,055
    i seriously doubt they would put her on the team--ashley-- i mean-what is the age cut off--18 or 19--ashely isn't 19 only 18.

  15. #15
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    i seriously doubt they would put her on the team--ashley-- i mean-what is the age cut off--18 or 19--ashely isn't 19 only 18.
    Eligibility would be based on your age on July 1, 2009. If you are between 13 and 18 on that date, you can go to Junior Worlds.

    That means there may be some 19 year olds who can go provided they turn 19 after July 1, 2009.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •