Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Compulsory Dance January 19th 13:30 Tailinn time

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Unfortunately, I had to handle some personal business after the 5th warmup group, and so can't comment. until I get a copy of their dance.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    42.78, i am sure we are going to disagree now.
    Nah On what grounds? Gotta love ice dance.

Whippet Good!
    It's ok. I trust your opinion and wanted to get a feel for the competition because I want to know if the eventual bellyaching about the scores is legitimate.

Custom Title
    The score of 42.78 was certainly overscored, the judges have just given the gold to doms/shabs, I will find it hard for the other couples to gain ground, but they might after the original dance.

Nothing between couples 2nd-6th. I sense Pechalat and Bourzat and Failla and Scali to move up after original.

But Domnina/Shabalin's score outrageous, same old scandal, might as well give them 50.00 at vancouver :chorus:

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    This Europeans dance championship feels so empty without Delobel/Schoenfelder present. I hope they will be ready for the Olympics and dance beautifully in all 3 phases of the competition!

Whippet Good!
    Not necessarily. The score, while possibly inflated (I haven't seen the competition), could simply be a result of their competition (or lack thereof). It would be interesting to see what the judges do with Dom/Shab when they are in the same competition as Del/Sch, B/A, D/W, and V/M.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Not necessarily. The score, while possibly inflated (I haven't seen the competition), could simply be a result of their competition (or lack thereof). It would be interesting to see what the judges do with Dom/Shab when they are in the same competition as Del/Sch, B/A, D/W, and V/M.
    I agree with you on this point.

D/S usually score very well in CDs, They probably are best Compulsory Dancers along with Delsch (Based on World championships and other results). B/A, V/M and D/W have usually finished behind them in this segment. KhokNovi are probably the sixth best team in the segment and hence the gap between the teams are understandable.

If all these teams were present the gap would not have appeared and all these teams would have certainly broken their SB score. this plus the fact that the inflation in scores was expected as we on to 4CC/Euros and at finally at Olympics/ Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by russell30 View Post
    The score of 42.78 was certainly overscored, the judges have just given the gold to doms/shabs, I will find it hard for the other couples to gain ground, but they might after the original dance.

Nothing between couples 2nd-6th. I sense Pechalat and Bourzat and Failla and Scali to move up after original.

But Domnina/Shabalin's score outrageous, same old scandal, might as well give them 50.00 at vancouver :chorus:
    Now that really makes me upset, they just steped and took the top step with a whole lot of politiking, and in my opinon they are not very good at all.

Also what are the Zaretski's doing lying in 7th, that is not good, I thinkt they should be higher. Oh and the Kerr's behind the Italian couple of F/S, to be honest I do not see the hype about them. I think that it is more of Speedy's politking

And also Hoffman and ZAVOZIN should be a little higher. PS I loved Nora's dress.
    Last edited by cloudkicker09; 01-19-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Custom Title
    The CD score for D/S is way inflated and undeserved, period, for what was put on the ice out there. I'm not sure the lack of NA teams at this competition made that much difference. It's pretty obvious to me that the judges are giving them a big "headstart" cushion on their way to the gold medal.

Custom Title
    The cd videos of Domnina/Shabalin and Faiella/ Scali. Videos are very fuzzy, but for those who missed the competitions and what to have a first look at the performances.

Banned
    Magnificent performance by Dom/Shabs. Head and shoulders above their competition. Totally deserving scores.

Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    The cd videos of Domnina/Shabalin and Faiella/ Scali. Videos are very fuzzy, but for those who missed the competitions and what to have a first look at the performances.
    I know nothing about judging a CD, but Domnina and Shabalin seem to have fun rather then feel a romantic tango. Confidence is good, but not this kind of confidence.

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Jay Leno's chin takes over yet another gig:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...vt8fK/610x.jpg

Custom Title
    Only seen the top 5 on Eurosport hightlights but I feel that Dom/Shabs are good value for their lead. They really stood out from the rest, the look, the power, the lines. Close for second, would have given it to F/S with K/N very close behind.

Looking forward to the remainder of the dance. Can't wait for K/Ns free, from what I seen it looks good.

Medalist
    I DO think (I can't believe I'm actually saying this as I'm not a fan of them ) D/S deserved their lead. Their edges were the cleanest, they covered the entire ice as opposed to the others and there was no stumbling anywhere. I feel though that they don't have enough lead as their FD has been a mess...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast