Compulsory Dance January 19th 13:30 Tailinn time | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Compulsory Dance January 19th 13:30 Tailinn time

Tesla

Final Flight
Doris, did D/S deserve that score? Is this a case performance v. competition? Would they have a comparable score v. the North American teams?

life684

Final Flight
In the absence of Olivier and Isabell??? That's a surprise.

Pcs of P/B were higher than Kerrs, by looking at the TES they seems to have got some problem(s) compared to other top teams.

Interestingly Faiella/Scali scored higher than KhokNovi on PCS (19.39 - 19.07)

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Pcs of P/B where higher than Kerrs, by looking at the TES they seems to have got some problem(s) compared to other top teams.

Interestingly Faiella/Scali scored higher than KhokNovi on PCS (19.39 - 19.07)

Italians had little mistake in the middle of the dance.

Good job russian teams! :agree::clap:

sun.shine

Spectator
Judging is just disgusting as D/S were far from that score they got...
Judges made them winning this title today,bec here the mistakes not as visible as in OD or FD (quoting HUN forum).

Btw Domnina should learn to dress up...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Current Overall Standing

FPl. Name Nation Points CD OD FD
1 Oksana DOMNINA / Maxim SHABALIN RUS
42.78 1
2 Jana KHOKHLOVA / Sergei NOVITSKI RUS
37.87 2
3 Federica FAIELLA / Massimo SCALI ITA
37.47 3
4 Sinead KERR / John KERR GBR
36.76 4
5 Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT FRA
36.36 5
6 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA
35.93 6
7 Alexandra ZARETSKY / Roman ZARETSKY ISR
34.63 7
8 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS
33.33 8
9 Anna ZADOROZHNIUK / Sergei VERBILLO UKR
32.60 9
10 Alla BEKNAZAROVA / Vladimir ZUEV UKR
32.15 10
11 Nora HOFFMANN / Maxim ZAVOZIN HUN
31.53 11
12 Pernelle CARRON / Lloyd JONES FRA
29.96 12
13 Christina BEIER / William BEIER GER
29.41 13
14 Kira GEIL / Dmitri MATSJUK AUT
29.16 14
15 Caitlin MALLORY / Kristjan RAND EST
29.16 15
16 Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND GBR
28.63 16
17 Zoe BLANC / Pierre-Loup BOUQUET FRA
27.82 17
18 Kamila HAJKOVA / David VINCOUR CZE
25.88 18
19 Federica TESTA / Christopher MIOR ITA
23.31 19
20 Katelyn GOOD / Nikolaj SORENSEN DEN
22.84 20
21 Nikola VISNOVA / Lukas CSOLLEY SVK
22.61 21
22 Allison REED / Otar JAPARIDZE GEO
22.59 22
23 Ramona ELSENER / Florian ROOST SUI
21.84 23
24 Nikki GEORGIADIS / Graham HOCKLEY GRE
21.18 24
25 Oksana KLIMOVA / Sasha PALOMÄKI FIN
20.99 25
26 Lesia VALADZENKAVA / Vitali VAKUNOV BLR
17.08 26

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Unfortunately, I had to handle some personal business after the 5th warmup group, and so can't comment. until I get a copy of their dance.

Tesla

Final Flight
It's ok. :) I trust your opinion and wanted to get a feel for the competition because I want to know if the eventual bellyaching about the scores is legitimate.

russell30

Final Flight
The score of 42.78 was certainly overscored, the judges have just given the gold to doms/shabs, I will find it hard for the other couples to gain ground, but they might after the original dance.

Nothing between couples 2nd-6th. I sense Pechalat and Bourzat and Failla and Scali to move up after original.

But Domnina/Shabalin's score outrageous, same old scandal, might as well give them 50.00 at vancouver :chorus:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This Europeans dance championship feels so empty without Delobel/Schoenfelder present. :frown: I hope they will be ready for the Olympics and dance beautifully in all 3 phases of the competition! :bow::love:

Tesla

Final Flight
Not necessarily. The score, while possibly inflated (I haven't seen the competition), could simply be a result of their competition (or lack thereof). It would be interesting to see what the judges do with Dom/Shab when they are in the same competition as Del/Sch, B/A, D/W, and V/M.

life684

Final Flight
Not necessarily. The score, while possibly inflated (I haven't seen the competition), could simply be a result of their competition (or lack thereof). It would be interesting to see what the judges do with Dom/Shab when they are in the same competition as Del/Sch, B/A, D/W, and V/M.

I agree with you on this point.

D/S usually score very well in CDs, They probably are best Compulsory Dancers along with Delsch (Based on World championships and other results). B/A, V/M and D/W have usually finished behind them in this segment. KhokNovi are probably the sixth best team in the segment and hence the gap between the teams are understandable.

If all these teams were present the gap would not have appeared and all these teams would have certainly broken their SB score. this plus the fact that the inflation in scores was expected as we on to 4CC/Euros and at finally at Olympics/ Worlds

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
The score of 42.78 was certainly overscored, the judges have just given the gold to doms/shabs, I will find it hard for the other couples to gain ground, but they might after the original dance.

Nothing between couples 2nd-6th. I sense Pechalat and Bourzat and Failla and Scali to move up after original.

But Domnina/Shabalin's score outrageous, same old scandal, might as well give them 50.00 at vancouver :chorus:

Now that really makes me upset, they just steped and took the top step with a whole lot of politiking, and in my opinon they are not very good at all.

Also what are the Zaretski's doing lying in 7th, that is not good, I thinkt they should be higher. Oh and the Kerr's behind the Italian couple of F/S, to be honest I do not see the hype about them. I think that it is more of Speedy's politking

And also Hoffman and ZAVOZIN should be a little higher. PS I loved Nora's dress.

Last edited:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
The CD score for D/S is way inflated and undeserved, period, for what was put on the ice out there. I'm not sure the lack of NA teams at this competition made that much difference. It's pretty obvious to me that the judges are giving them a big "headstart" cushion on their way to the gold medal. :disagree: :mad:

oxade21

Match Penalty
Magnificent performance by Dom/Shabs. Head and shoulders above their competition. Totally deserving scores.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Only seen the top 5 on Eurosport hightlights but I feel that Dom/Shabs are good value for their lead. They really stood out from the rest, the look, the power, the lines. Close for second, would have given it to F/S with K/N very close behind.

Looking forward to the remainder of the dance. Can't wait for K/Ns free, from what I seen it looks good.

ankka

Rinkside
I DO think (I can't believe I'm actually saying this as I'm not a fan of them :rofl:) D/S deserved their lead. Their edges were the cleanest, they covered the entire ice as opposed to the others and there was no stumbling anywhere. I feel though that they don't have enough lead as their FD has been a mess...