Thread: Canadian 4CC Team

Custom Title

Canadian 4CC Team

I took a sneaky-peek at the entries just to see if any Canadian entrants had been named and they had!!!

Men
    Kevin Reynolds
    Joey Russell
    Shawn Sawyer

Ladies
    Amelie Lacoste
    Myriane Samson
    Diane Szmiett

Pairs
    Mylene Brodeur/John Mattatall
    Meagan Duhamel/Craig Buntin
    Kirsten Moore-Towers/Dylan Moscovitch

Dance
    Allie Hann-McCurdy/Michael Coreno
    Kharis Ralph/Asher Hill
    Kaitlyn Weaver/Andrew Poje

No surprises...I'm pretty sure the entries are just the 3rd-5th placements from Nationals. I think the team is strong and should be successful, except ladies. I would expect the US to have a pretty good shot at sweeping the podium.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingbc View Post
    No surprises...I'm pretty sure the entries are just the 3rd-5th placements from Nationals. I think the team is strong and should be successful, except ladies. I would expect the US to have a pretty good shot at sweeping the podium.
    I think the Japanese might have some different thoughts on this, especially in ladies.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    I think the Japanese might have some different thoughts on this, especially in ladies.
    Ahh, you're totally right. I definitely forgot to take the Japanese Team into a account!

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    There are a few other factors too - in men, Denis Ten of Kazahkstan is definitely a medal contender. In pairs, the Chinese pair Zhang/Zhang are also strong medal contenders for instance.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I'm glad there will be another chance to see Hann/McCurdy Coreno, Weaver & Poje, and Towers/Moscovitch again. And especially the awesome OD of Ralph/Hill!

Custom Title
    I just watched Ralph/Hill's OD on youtube, it is fantastic! Definitely one of my favorites of the season.

I really hope Shawn Sawyer wins. I feel SO bad that he didn't make the Olympics.

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I really hope Shawn Sawyer wins. I feel SO bad that he didn't make the Olympics.
    Me too. And I hope Ryan Bradley and Adam Rippon do well. Those are my top 3 for 4CC.

Mroz will be there with his quad for the US men along with Bradley & Rippon. The Japanese men should be very competitive. US women vs. Japan should be exciting. I see Canada being more likely to medal in Pairs & Ice Dancing.
    All in all I think 4 CC's will be more interesting & memorable than Europeans!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    Mroz will be there with his quad for the US men along with Bradley & Rippon. The Japanese men should be very competitive. US women vs. Japan should be exciting. I see Canada being more likely to medal in Pairs & Ice Dancing.
    All in all I think 4 CC's will be more interesting & memorable than Europeans!
    Well, at least at 4CC's, I don't get the impression that there are any "predetermined coronations" where it's the skater's gold medal to lose....except maybe Zhangs in pairs, who understandably have the body of experience and achievement behind them, compared to rest of the field. (I also think the Zhang's even being at 4CC wasn't in the original Chinese plan, except that their results this year have not been good, and they have had to come up with a new SP that badly needs real-time feedback from intl judges prior to the Olympics. If circumstances were different, they likely wouldn't have been sent to 4CC.)

Custom Title
    What is the Zhang's new SP music? Is it a recycled program or a completely new one?