Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Abbott destroys competition, heads to Vancouver

News Abbott destroys competition, heads to Vancouver

Abbott blew the roof off the Spokane Arena tonight with the best performance of his up and down career to capture his second consecutive U.S. title.

More

Thank you, J.R.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Weir
    When I looked at the replay, I didn't pay attention to my technical elements. I know what my mistakes were. I looked at my beautiful costume and thought about how fantastic it looked."
    No, it didn't. It looked stupid.

Now Lysacek's -- for Scheherezade, he should have dressed up like Sinbad or Ali Baba.

...ten year-old Nathan Chen (Salt Lake Figure Skating) finished first with a score of 51.24 points.

"That was good," Chen said. "I skated to Kung Fu Panda, so the character was easy to portray."
    Which character did he portray? I hope it was the Mantis.

Both Lysacek's and Weir's costumes seemed weird to me. Jeremy looked very good on the other hand.

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Both Lysacek's and Weir's costumes seemed weird to me. Jeremy looked very good on the other hand.
    i love evan's costumes, ever since his carmen remake with the black dior homme shirt with red ties on his hands.
    he has good taste although his firebird outfit WAS too literal and intense.
    very avant-garde and he has the frame to support it.
    he is the only skater i respect with costume choice.

in the other hand, johnny weir, the so-called fashion diva....CLEARLY isn't. maybe he knows all the designer labels and waves his balenciaga man bag around as his practice duffel, but he does not have a clue how bad he looks with the overdoes of sequins and fur?! for his LP costume.....pink details and TASSLES with a leather bust....gah. horrible.

jeremy, looked awkward with his minimally bedazzled silk blue dress shirt buttoned up ALL THE WAY UP. i think it a little too loose. i can see this program with a more muted colored shirt, the blue is too saturated and rich. but as i read somewhere, a tux would be nice.....or something less 90s giant dress shirt syndrome.

Jeremy Abbott was amazing.

I feel bad for Ryan Bradley, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Weir
    When I looked at the replay, I didn't pay attention to my technical elements. I know what my mistakes were. I looked at my beautiful costume and thought about how fantastic it looked."
    SO cute.

Re: costumes... ryan's was teh most perfect... jeremy second... and Evan's is a vast improvement (it really shows off his toned body too... which this girl )

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    Jeremy Abbott was amazing.

I feel bad for Ryan Bradley, but...

SO cute.
    LOVE Ryan. So sad for him, what a great talent. Does anyone know if he gets to go to 4CC or worlds?

didn't hear anything on the icenetwork coverage other than the three top men go to the olys

I loved Evan's Star Trek costume but I'm biased-I love that franchise. I thought it looked stunning on his frame. Jeremy's was just too low-key for my taste or just not the right style for his AWESOME program. He rocked it. Johnny-I didn't like his 'pretty' costume as he called it. Anyhow, my two faves are headed to Vancouver. Here's crossing fingers all three 'bring it' at the Games!
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 01-19-2010 at 06:17 AM.

...tiny ten year-old Nathan Chen (Salt Lake Figure Skating) finished first with a score of 51.24 points.

"That was good," Chen said. "I skated to Kung Fu Panda, so the character was easy to portray."

The four foot-five inch Chen is also a hockey player, a gymnast, a full-time fifth grader, and also plays the piano.

"I skate for three hours after school, and I like reading and writing in school."
    Cutest. lines. in. the. whole. article!

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    SO cute.
    such a fallacious response to the interviewer.
    his arrogance shines- just because he barely made it in the team.

ryan deserved that spot.

I thought Jeremy was terrific. If he skates like that in Vancouver, I see a medal around his neck. I was disappointed for Ryan Bradley, too. I thought he deserved the 3rd spot.

As for the costumes, even my dh said, "it looks like he cut the skirt off a ladies competition dress and put black pants on over top" about Johnny. Way too much. Personally, I liked Jeremy's outfit the best: simple and understated. I hate being distracted by a skater's costume.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Re: costumes... ryan's was teh most perfect... jeremy second... and Evan's is a vast improvement (it really shows off his toned body too... which this girl )
    What was with the things on Evans shoulders? I am afraid his hands will get caught in them. Ryans's costume was great! Loved his program too!

On the Ice
    Abbotts skating seems a bit slow and labored to me. His jumps were great and it was a clean program but still no spark throughout. He in my opinion needs more colour in the way he executes the choreography.

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefancan View Post
    Abbotts skating seems a bit slow and labored to me. His jumps were great and it was a clean program but still no spark throughout. He in my opinion needs more colour in the way he executes the choreography.
    I totally agree. Yeah, it's nice he didn't splat on any of his jumps, but let's not pretend this is a skate of a lifetime... a skate of a Lifetime movie, maybe. Jeremy was tentative and careful and it showed. He never fully got into the music. It was, no doubt, the best skate of the night, but then, that's not saying much.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast