Ashley Wagner: With help from Tara Lipinski, Ashley Wagner takes shot at redemption | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ashley Wagner: With help from Tara Lipinski, Ashley Wagner takes shot at redemption

The irony was that you picked a couple of girls as superior only to see different girls skate off with the US title the past two years. Nothing meant by that and many thought Caroline was the next sure thing in Ladies skating a few years ago. And she may still be. Ditto for Rachael or Ashley.

Now you can pick one of six - or your original three wonrder women - but we still don't know if it will be Rachael, Carolgine or Ashley. But it could be. Or it could be Mirai, Alissa or even Sasha.Or Christina, and let's not forget Alexe and Bebe.

What a dilema for the the committee :)
Might be safer and morey fair to select the medal winners :yes: :clap
For heaven's sake, I was writing about something before you came to GS. I do not predict ,as you would have it. I analyze without conclusion. I don't wait for the competitions to end and protocols to appear before i write my views as others do as I am not afraid of being wrong. It seems to me you have a tendency to read something into the posts of other members.

FYI, Mirai was not yet on the scene when the three ladies I was talking about were.

I outlined your prose in bold above which had nothing to do with what I said. I am insulted by your lies How dare you demean a member of GS with falsehoods. If it happens again, I will complain which I have never done before.

janetfan

Match Penalty
For heaven's sake, I was writing about something before you came to GS. I do not predict ,as you would have it. I analyze without conclusion. I don't wait for the competitions to end and protocols to appear before i write my views as others do as I am not afraid of being wrong. It seems to me you have a tendency to read something into the posts of other members.

FYI, Mirai was not yet on the scene when the three ladies I was talking about were.

I outlined your prose in bold above which had nothing to do with what I said. I am insulted by your lies How dare you demean a member of GS with falsehoods. If it happens again, I will complain which I have never done before.

:scratch:You are just being a bad sport about the "committee." Go ahead and complain if that is how you feel.

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Sorry for getting Ashley's thread derailed and OT.

I think she still has a chance tonight but she will really have to skate her best and get a little help.

I was impressed with her SP although she looks maybe a little too intense at times. Still, when she puts it all together she can be a darned good skater.

Good luck tonight Ashley and give it your best shot :rock:

Layfan

Record Breaker
Sorry for getting Ashley's thread derailed and OT.

I think she still has a chance tonight but she will really have to skate her best and get a little help.

I was impressed with her SP although she looks maybe a little too intense at times. Still, when she puts it all together she can be a darned good skater.

Good luck tonight Ashley and give it your best shot :rock:

Ashley was really lovely. I'm starting to see why some people are excited about her. I know she wants to go the Olympics so badly, so I'm glad she's been philosophical about her fall. Good attitude. Her day will come.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Ashley was really lovely. I'm starting to see why some people are excited about her. I know she wants to go the Olympics so badly, so I'm glad she's been philosophical about her fall. Good attitude. Her day will come.

I liked Ashley's SP alot - it's different, creative and intense - and look forward to her LP tonight.

I think she has a good chance if she skates her best.

Go Ashley :rock:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol, this is the first time I read this thread, what humour I missed.;)

Anyhow, I was looking for a thread which had Ashley's name in the title, so here I be.:biggrin:

I just wanted to say that though Ashley was lovely, she shot herself in the foot when she finished a spectacular 3rd place at 2008 Nationals, but then proceeded to bomb at her first Worlds, finishing a horrible 17th place. So she was part of that group that didn't earn 3 spots for 2009 Worlds, and also the Olympics, ironically. She has no one to blame but herself.

By the way, I was watching Nationals with family & friends, and none of them is a figure skating fanatic like me (lol), so it was interesting to hear their impressions. The ONE thing they all agree on was how lovely Ashley looked ~ oohs & aaahs & over the top comments, which I found fascinating. I sat like a fly on the wall absorbing it all. Lol, it felt like a focus group.:biggrin: I didn't say a thing, as I didn't want to influence them one way or another. The sad part was when one of them started picking on Rachael, but then another one stuck up for her!:thumbsup:

I'd love to see Ashley overcome her nerves one day in order to do a clean SP & LP. Right now she reminds me of Angela Nikodinov. Both lovely lovely skaters, but have a hard time with those dang nerves.:cry:

brightphoton

Medalist
I'm confused. Once I watched Mirai skate her SP last year, and she crashed into the boards and didn't do her combination jump. She started skating again, and the female commentator said you could see her thinking hard about how she was going to add another jump in. Mirai made the next jump a combination jump, which was originally only supposed to be a single jump,

Why didn't Ashley do the same, and add a triple lutz to the end of her double axel and make it a combination? Or add in a triple toe, or something?

mskater93

Record Breaker
First, you can't add a triple Lutz to a double Axel.

Second, she already did her triple out of steps pass (flip) and the double Axel (as a solo jump) is required in the SP. If the combo opens the program and you miss, you can change the jump out of steps to have a combo