Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 218

Thread: Men Short Program

  1. #166
    End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Yay for the starting order!! Brian has to bring his A-game, because fetching out his calculator and calculating what he has to do - just won't do it this time, because the big guns skate after him.
    Hahahaha! Just what I was thinking. I hope it will be better for him.

  2. #167
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    When do the Euro ladies skate?

  3. #168
    Off the ice Buttercup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Left field
    Posts
    3,426
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    When do the Euro ladies skate?
    SP Friday starting in the AM / LP Saturday afternoon.

  4. #169
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    SP Friday starting in the AM / LP Saturday afternoon.
    Danke Bc - looking forward to it

  5. #170
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    It's more 88.55. And it's not over yet.
    Exact same pcs as Lambiel.
    I am glad SOMEBODY is challanging Plushenko here. This freeskate is gonna be good.

    as for the pcs....come on people really?

  6. #171
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    Plushenko SP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdT_2eE9gfw

    Finally had the chance to see it for myself.. Hmmm, he was great on the jumps, untouchable..Spins are definetely not slow, they're ok. Unfortunetely this programme definetely lacks the spark he had on many previous programmes. It's purely desgined to win under the COP. I just love Plushy so much, I;'ll try to ignore this..
    Could a program be any more front-loaded than this? Impressive jumping, but otherwise kind of boring...

  7. #172
    On the Ice Sus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    By the Mediterranean Sea
    Posts
    29

  8. #173
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    Could a program be any more front-loaded than this? Impressive jumping, but otherwise kind of boring...
    Based on the men´s short programmes I have seen e.g. in this season, the impression is that many men´s sp´s are front-loaded, especially those which include a quad. Besides, many sp´s even without a quad are also front-loaded (Weir, Lysacek, etc.)
    Last edited by Jaana; 01-20-2010 at 01:09 PM.

  9. #174
    End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    633
    Thanks for the links for Jouby and Lambiel..
    Anybody seen Ponsero, Verner or Brezina's SPs anywhere on youtube?

  10. #175
    Custom Title NatachaHatawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    Tomas' 4T was stepped out and UR'ed (close call for me), he tried to put 3T at the end of 3z but his landing of the lutz was pretty bad, hung on for dear life.. His spark was better here than at GPF but still not near of what he had shown in TEB.. I have a very strong feeling he'll be better in the LP.. Hopefully so!
    My God, the Euro guys rock!
    Thanks. I forgot about the mistake on the end of the lutz.

  11. #176
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,221
    Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    Omg, thanks for posting that link, I just got through watching it, and am almost in tears. Misty-eyed here, but hanging on to my emotions, or at least trying to.

    I honest to God felt like I was at that movies watching Clint Eastwood (aka Blondie) in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, that's how impressive & masterful & awe-inspiring it was to see Zhenya up on the big screen. What command, what self-confidence, what control he has -- unprecedented -- he really is The Master At Work. There will N E V E R be another like The Great Plushenko in figure skating again, he's just one-of-a-kind. I still feel chills.

    I know I sound like an uber, lol, but perhaps I am? Seriously, that was a M A S T E R P I E C E. I cannot say it enough ~ music, choreography, jumps, spins, costume, etc. etc. etc. etc. ~ it all just flowed & jumped out onto me thousands of miles away here at home before my computer screen. Once again I say if I got chills this far away, I can't imagine what it must have felt like to see it in person. My only gauge was the two young ladies I saw standing (amongst the others) with this orgasmic look on their faces.

    My only complaint, his PCS should have been higher, just a little (though if it had been up to me his PCS would have been almost as high as his TES). And that's the truth. He skates the *entire* rink, fast quick strokes, perfect technique on the jumps, low sit spins, turning from one direction to another with confidence & ease, everything timed just right to the music, simply masterful, simply masterful.


    ZHENYA, YOU ARE THE BEST!
    GOOOOOOOO EVGENI!!!!

  12. #177
    End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    633
    Ok found them with the exception of Verner
    Ponsero http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXqIgYzTlfc (just great!)
    Brezina http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywSMlJMSLrw

  13. #178
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Omg, thanks for posting that link, I just got through watching it, and am almost in tears. Misty-eyed here, but hanging on to my emotions, or at least trying to.

    I honest to God felt like I was at that movies watching Clint Eastwood (aka Blondie) in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, that's how impressive & masterful & awe-inspiring it was to see Zhenya up on the big screen. What command, what self-confidence, what control he has -- unprecedented -- he really is The Master At Work. There will N E V E R be another like The Great Plushenko in figure skating again, he's just one-of-a-kind. I still feel chills.

    I know I sound like an uber, lol, but perhaps I am? Seriously, that was a M A S T E R P I E C E. I cannot say it enough ~ music, choreography, jumps, spins, costume, etc. etc. etc. etc. ~ it all just flowed & jumped out onto me thousands of miles away here at home before my computer screen. Once again I say if I got chills this far away, I can't imagine what it must have felt like to see it in person. My only gauge was the two young ladies I saw standing (amongst the others) with this orgasmic look on their faces.

    My only complaint, his PCS should have been higher, just a little (though if it had been up to me his PCS would have been almost as high as his TES). And that's the truth. He skates the *entire* rink, fast quick strokes, perfect technique on the jumps, low sit spins, turning from one direction to another with confidence & ease, everything timed just right to the music, simply masterful, simply masterful.
    Nadine:

    HA! Your post makes me smile.

    I just posted on another site about how overrated Plushenko is! I love the passion that you have for your favorite, but he's just not my cup of tea.

    You point out all his strengths - ones that I simply glossed over - so I thank you for bringing them to my attention. However, I stand behind my criticisms (poor posture, front-loading, spin positions, cockiness, poor choreography).

    I really can't stand Plushenko, and you REALLY like him. I'm glad I read your post or else I would be going on an anti-Plushenko rant all afternoon.

    To each his or her own!

    - Doug E. Fresh

  14. #179
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,560
    Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    Plushenko SP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdT_2eE9gfw

    Finally had the chance to see it for myself.. Hmmm, he was great on the jumps, untouchable..Spins are definetely not slow, they're ok. Unfortunetely this programme definetely lacks the spark he had on many previous programmes. It's purely desgined to win under the COP. I just love Plushy so much, I;'ll try to ignore this..
    Me too. I don't like this program that much but one has to admire his athletic abilities. If he were not the King, who would?

    I am very happy for him! (He used two fingers, one on each hand. So it must be OK this time.)

  15. #180
    Eville Eastern Bloc Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Editville
    Posts
    477

    Plushenko

    While I'm not impressed at all with his style of skating, the program and the choreography (as usual) I'm willing to appreciate his tremendous command and presence on ice, not to forget for having the courage and audacity to come back like nothing happened.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •