Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Men Short Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    A finger from Joubert
    I wish he didn't do that. It's not original any more. But he might just want to challenge Plushenko in every perspective.

Solid SP from Joubert. He is back too!

This time's Euros has such amazing high quality (at least in men, don't know others)! I can't wait for tomorrow's LP!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by NatachaHatawa View Post
    Technically Plush was amazing, that quad was huge. Artisticaly it's the same problem as usual: I can't help feeling I've already seen this program loads of times.
    Well maybe it is because it's the same music he used in 1998!
    I know, I know that's not what you meant, but I'm in too of a good mood today.

Custom Title
    wow, he's really back! Sorry for the up-and comings. Maybe next time.

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    I wish he didn't do that. It's not original any more. But he might just want to challenge Plushenko in every perspective.

Solid SP from Joubert. He is back too!

This time's Euros has such amazing high quality (at least in men, don't know others)! I can't wait for tomorrow's LP!
    Let the two have a little batle among themselves off the ice too.. I read their press comments in the article posted here, they were very polite but competitive.. It was funny, remninded me of the good old days before 2006..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    Let the two have a little batle among themselves off the ice too.. I read their press comments in the article posted here, they were very polite but competitive.. It was funny, remninded me of the good old days before 2006..
    Could that be Yagudin's spirit lives in Joubert? It's so exciting!

Jouby vs Plushy is the closest thing we got to the marvellous competitive days of Yags vs Plushy so I'm totally enjoying it..

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Omg, thanks for posting that link, I just got through watching it, and am almost in tears. Misty-eyed here, but hanging on to my emotions, or at least trying to.

I honest to God felt like I was at that movies watching Clint Eastwood (aka Blondie) in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, that's how impressive & masterful & awe-inspiring it was to see Zhenya up on the big screen. What command, what self-confidence, what control he has -- unprecedented -- he really is The Master At Work. There will N E V E R be another like The Great Plushenko in figure skating again, he's just one-of-a-kind. I still feel chills.

I know I sound like an uber, lol, but perhaps I am? Seriously, that was a M A S T E R P I E C E. I cannot say it enough ~ music, choreography, jumps, spins, costume, etc. etc. etc. etc. ~ it all just flowed & jumped out onto me thousands of miles away here at home before my computer screen. Once again I say if I got chills this far away, I can't imagine what it must have felt like to see it in person. My only gauge was the two young ladies I saw standing (amongst the others) with this orgasmic look on their faces.

My only complaint, his PCS should have been higher, just a little (though if it had been up to me his PCS would have been almost as high as his TES). And that's the truth. He skates the *entire* rink, fast quick strokes, perfect technique on the jumps, low sit spins, turning from one direction to another with confidence & ease, everything timed just right to the music, simply masterful, simply masterful.

ZHENYA, YOU ARE THE BEST!
    GOOOOOOOO EVGENI!!!!
    Wow, I'm speechless. I think we definitely live in two different worlds

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Wow, I'm speechless. I think we definitely live in two different worlds
    I think I do too But you have to admire that poster's passion

Custom Title
    Jouby, Plushy are back!
    Thank god there will be quads at the Olympics. Separate the men from Patrick Chan.
    This season everyone is going for quads because of these two. You need them to keep the sport going forward.

Once again, this is what frustrates me about the sport, and turns so many of the fans off, Plushenk does his usual arm flalling routine, and this program looked exactly the same to all of the other ones. AND ONCE AGAIN he is overscored.....why don't we just save time and money and give him the olympic gold medal for just showing up, and while we are at it give Chan and Lysacek medals for showing up as well. Seriously, and people ask why the sport is losing fans, and money.....The Russians get gold one after another, just for showing up......

I have had it.
    Last edited by cloudkicker09; 01-20-2010 at 04:26 PM.

In all fairness, I thought Ponsero had the best package of the night. If it wasn't for that 3S instead of 3Z, i could easily scream how underscored he was.. Apparently he got one level 2 on the steps, probably the last one! I would give him level 4 just for the speed and musicality alone! Of course, the sentimental winner for me is Joubert and he was so on as well. But just wanted to highlight Ponsero again, he is just so impressive to me..

Rinkside
    totally unsatisfied for Contesti's score...he clearly deserve the 4 place...

Poor Stephane - Too many surgeries and too many shows have finally got to him.

Nice to see my two fav Euro boys (Michal and Yannik) will battle it out for bronze.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Poor Stephane - Too many surgeries and too many shows have finally got to him.

Nice to see my two fav Euro boys (Michal and Yannik) will battle it out for bronze.
    I see you're assuming our Ponsero will keep it together again after such a great SP? That'll be a first! Although I'd be overjoyed to see him finally medal.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    yes apparently it was something like: (and it was very friendly)

Plush: "I'll do just one quad in the FS"
    Jouby: "I'll do two!"
    P: "I'll do something new!"
    J: "I can totally do a triple toe after my quad"
    P: "Good for you"
    J: "I can beat him"
    P: "Let him try it"

I'm not a fan of Joubert but I'm actually happy for him since he truly seems happy about Lambiel and Plushenko coming back and I think it has a lot to do with the quad-set of mind, Joubert was all alone this past years defending the quad against all the other skaters and the media behind them that said "it's not necesarry" and now he has Plush and Lambiel who both thinks the quad has to happen as well so I think he feels more like "well if I'm going to lose, I may as well lose to them than to [insert any of the non-quad men]"

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast