Men Short Program | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Men Short Program

Big Deal

Final Flight
Plushenko made the elements on the possibly highest level.

His skating was absolutely independent from the music in all of its sessions.

He still doesn't know, how to end a program (like in the Olympics 2006).
The finish is really arrogant. Turns me off.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Why are the performances not up on Ice Network??? I am getting a bit angry with them.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Omg, thanks for posting that link, I just got through watching it, and am almost in tears. Misty-eyed here, but hanging on to my emotions, or at least trying to. :)

I honest to God felt like I was at that movies watching Clint Eastwood (aka Blondie) in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, that's how impressive & masterful & awe-inspiring it was to see Zhenya up on the big screen. What command, what self-confidence, what control he has -- unprecedented -- he really is The Master At Work. There will N E V E R be another like The Great Plushenko in figure skating again, he's just one-of-a-kind. I still feel chills.

I know I sound like an uber, lol, but perhaps I am? Seriously, that was a M A S T E R P I E C E. I cannot say it enough ~ music, choreography, jumps, spins, costume, etc. etc. etc. etc. ~ it all just flowed & jumped out onto me thousands of miles away here at home before my computer screen. Once again I say if I got chills this far away, I can't imagine what it must have felt like to see it in person. My only gauge was the two young ladies I saw standing (amongst the others) with this orgasmic look on their faces.;)

My only complaint, his PCS should have been higher, just a little (though if it had been up to me his PCS would have been almost as high as his TES). And that's the truth. He skates the *entire* rink, fast quick strokes, perfect technique on the jumps, low sit spins, turning from one direction to another with confidence & ease, everything timed just right to the music, simply masterful, simply masterful.

:bow:ZHENYA, YOU ARE THE BEST!:bow:
:rock::love:GOOOOOOOO EVGENI!!!!:love::rock:

Oh Lordy! I'll have some of whatever it is you've been smoking! :rofl:

evangeline

Record Breaker
Seriously, and people ask why the sport is losing fans, and money.....The Russians get gold one after another, just for showing up......

I have had it.

I'm not exactly Plushenko's biggest fan and I completely agree with all the criticisms people have against him--dubious choreography, poor posture, front-loading, dodgy spins, blah blah blah.

But I still think Plushenko deserved the lead after the SP nonetheless. Who else would you have in first? It's not like Joubert's program is that much better than Plushenko's, and it's not like Plushenko is getting the astronomical PCS he used to get back in 2006.

It's rather unfair to think that Plushenko was marked first simply because he is Russian. Because like it or not, he has the jumps in spades and that should be rewarded.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm totally in the mindset now of ABE . . . with that said, GOOOOOOOOOO BRIAN!!! If only Joubert had done the 3toe after his 4toe, he would have won that SP. Hopefully, he will win the LP . . . I think he's the only one now with a shot to overtake Evgeni; I hope he pulls it off! :rock::clap::bow:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I feel bad for Tomas, but I feel like if he skates well in the free he can pull ahead of a lot of guys currently ahead of him, he's 10 points out of third and which is a quad and we all know he is capable.

Oh my goodness though Joubert and Plushy were wonderful! Why are the European guys so amazing whereas the European girls are mostly just pretty but can't really jump? :laugh:

Excited for the FS!

jennylovskt

Medalist
Does anybody think that Brezina looks like a British Royal? To be exact, I think he looks like Prince Edward.:)

magicalwords

On the Ice
Just watched Top 5.

Well, Plushenko's program lacks the spark.. I think a lot has to do with choreography, well, it's virtually nonexistent! His past programs like St. Petersburg 300 and Tribute to Nijinsky had that /special/ quality... can't see that in recent performances :eek:hwell: Nonetheless, it's amazing that he can still pull off quads and 3A's just like that.

As for Joubert, I don't know how to say this.. like, he's gotten more flowy? I've always thought of him as more stiff.. skater, but this program seemed different. Anyway, hope he keeps this up in LP, I really want Joubert to win this :love:

YAY for Ponsero, why are there so many good French skaters, it's a shame they can't send all their skaters to Olympics, man, man, man, man, man! Not a big fan of his costume but definitely preferred this music to Plushenko/Joubert's :laugh:

Brezina, a solid performance, and esp. that rotation for 3T = just wow
I say he's definitely the future of European skaters; his jumps are high in quality, and considering that this is only his first senior year, he is doing magnificently.

Lambiel, despite the mistake on quad, once again presented a very artistic program; he's a real artist on ice, even when he makes mistakes on his jumps, he still delivers a beautiful program (sometimes that makes me sad...). Well, I'm just happy that he's able to skate again and I hope he stays healthy!

shine

Record Breaker
Ah, and I forgot to comment that Stephane's SLSS is simply brilliant! No other male skater skates with this combination of quality of expression, musicality and abandon that he does on the ice. I don't remember when was the last time I saw someone with such a beautiful, expressive upper body.Truly one of a kind.
Please don't ever stop skating Stephane!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
The second half of Lambiel's SP is wonderful.

The first half (even disregarding the mistakes) is very disappointing. He front-loads the jumps and really does nothing special at all with that slow section of the music. The circular step sequence in particular, while technically okay, is quite bland.

Can't wait to see his new LP. Please let it be amazing. Please. *pray*

futureidol

On the Ice
The second half of Lambiel's SP is wonderful.

The first half (even disregarding the mistakes) is very disappointing. He front-loads the jumps and really does nothing special at all with that slow section of the music. The circular step sequence in particular, while technically okay, is quite bland.

Can't wait to see his new LP. Please let it be amazing. Please. *pray*

I feel the exact same way about his SP! I hope he can pull of a miracle with his new FS.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Plushenko's jumps and ever strong ego! Joubert's mistake-free cheesy sexy performance after his injury! Lambiel's spins! :rock:

Whoa with the Euro guys joining I have no idea how the North American and Japanese skaters are going to come in the olympics!!! And I wonder if Patrick Chan's as confident :biggrin:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I can't believe I'm saying this but....I thought Joubert was much better than Plushenko. Plushy's spins were pretty slow and not the best positions and he didn't present as much as Joubert.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really liked Brian in the SP too. He didn't seem as rough around the edges yesterday in the SP as I've found him to be in the past. Plus, I really liked his costume; it was much better than that monstrosity he wore last season for the SP. Again, if only he had landed the 3toe with the 4toe instead of a 2toe, he would have the lead right now going into the LP.

It's a real shame Stephane left his 4toe combination in the practice sessions or else he would be in 3rd right now going into the LP. :frown: I hope his jumps are kinder to him in the LP.

Poor Tomas! :cry: That 4toe seemed like it was almost there, but then the nasty two-foot and no combination. I really hope he can rebound with a great performance in the LP.

I really want Brian and Stephane or anybody to give Evgeni a challenge!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I really liked Brian in the SP too. He didn't seem as rough around the edges yesterday in the SP as I've found him to be in the past. Plus, I really liked his costume; it was much better than that monstrosity he wore last season for the SP. Again, if only he had landed the 3toe with the 4toe instead of a 2toe, he would have the lead right now going into the LP.

It's a real shame Stephane left his 4toe combination in the practice sessions or else he would be in 3rd right now going into the LP. :frown: I hope his jumps are kinder to him in the LP.

Poor Tomas! :cry: That 4toe seemed like it was almost there, but then the nasty two-foot and no combination. I really hope he can rebound with a great performance in the LP.

I really want Brian and Stephane or anybody to give Evgeni a challenge!

The European men are so good that I'm sure they will! What Asia is for ladies, Europe is for men!