Men Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Men Short Program

i love to skate

Medalist
Just watched Plushenko. Jumps were great as usual, but other than that not much there. What was with the footwork sequences?? Why is he flailing around so much when he is skating to slow music? Subpar choreography and interpretation.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
The starting order for the free skate is now up. Lambiel will skate last.

StN. Name Nation Rank Points

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Jorik HENDRICKX BEL 19 58.70
2 Zoltan KELEMEN ROU 18 59.40
3 Paolo BACCHINI ITA 16 60.90
4 Sergei VORONOV RUS 17 60.27
5 Gregor URBAS SLO 20 56.90

Warm-Up Group 2
6 Kevin VAN DER PERREN BEL 11 67.72
7 Viktor PFEIFER AUT 15 63.42
8 Anton KOVALEVSKI UKR 14 65.20
9 Javier FERNANDEZ ESP 13 66.50
10 Adrian SCHULTHEISS SWE 12 66.55

Warm-Up Group 3
11 Samuel CONTESTI ITA 7 75.90
12 Alban PREAUBERT FRA 6 76.37
13 Stefan LINDEMANN GER 9 70.19
14 Tomas VERNER CZE 8 72.75
15 Kristoffer BERNTSSON SWE 10 69.20

Warm-Up Group 4
16 Yannick PONSERO FRA 3 82.40
17 Brian JOUBERT FRA 2 88.55
18 Evgeni PLUSHENKO RUS 1 91.30
19 Michal BREZINA CZE 4 79.60
20 Stephane LAMBIEL SUI 5 77.75

Medusa

Record Breaker
Yay for the starting order!! Brian has to bring his A-game, because fetching out his calculator and calculating what he has to do - just won't do it this time, because the big guns skate after him.

schiele

Final Flight
Yay for the starting order!! Brian has to bring his A-game, because fetching out his calculator and calculating what he has to do - just won't do it this time, because the big guns skate after him.

Hahahaha! Just what I was thinking. I hope it will be better for him.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
It's more :) 88.55. And it's not over yet.
Exact same pcs as Lambiel.

I am glad SOMEBODY is challanging Plushenko here. This freeskate is gonna be good.

as for the pcs....come on people really?

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Plushenko SP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdT_2eE9gfw

Finally had the chance to see it for myself.. Hmmm, he was great on the jumps, untouchable..Spins are definetely not slow, they're ok. Unfortunetely this programme definetely lacks the spark he had on many previous programmes. It's purely desgined to win under the COP. I just love Plushy so much, I;'ll try to ignore this..

Could a program be any more front-loaded than this? Impressive jumping, but otherwise kind of boring...

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Could a program be any more front-loaded than this? Impressive jumping, but otherwise kind of boring...

Based on the men´s short programmes I have seen e.g. in this season, the impression is that many men´s sp´s are front-loaded, especially those which include a quad. Besides, many sp´s even without a quad are also front-loaded (Weir, Lysacek, etc.)

Last edited:

schiele

Final Flight
Thanks for the links for Jouby and Lambiel..
Anybody seen Ponsero, Verner or Brezina's SPs anywhere on youtube?

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Tomas' 4T was stepped out and UR'ed (close call for me), he tried to put 3T at the end of 3z but his landing of the lutz was pretty bad, hung on for dear life.. His spark was better here than at GPF but still not near of what he had shown in TEB.. I have a very strong feeling he'll be better in the LP.. Hopefully so!
My God, the Euro guys rock! :rock::rock::rock:

Thanks. I forgot about the mistake on the end of the lutz.

Nadine

Record Breaker

Omg, thanks for posting that link, I just got through watching it, and am almost in tears. Misty-eyed here, but hanging on to my emotions, or at least trying to. :)

I honest to God felt like I was at that movies watching Clint Eastwood (aka Blondie) in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, that's how impressive & masterful & awe-inspiring it was to see Zhenya up on the big screen. What command, what self-confidence, what control he has -- unprecedented -- he really is The Master At Work. There will N E V E R be another like The Great Plushenko in figure skating again, he's just one-of-a-kind. I still feel chills.

I know I sound like an uber, lol, but perhaps I am? Seriously, that was a M A S T E R P I E C E. I cannot say it enough ~ music, choreography, jumps, spins, costume, etc. etc. etc. etc. ~ it all just flowed & jumped out onto me thousands of miles away here at home before my computer screen. Once again I say if I got chills this far away, I can't imagine what it must have felt like to see it in person. My only gauge was the two young ladies I saw standing (amongst the others) with this orgasmic look on their faces.;)

My only complaint, his PCS should have been higher, just a little (though if it had been up to me his PCS would have been almost as high as his TES). And that's the truth. He skates the *entire* rink, fast quick strokes, perfect technique on the jumps, low sit spins, turning from one direction to another with confidence & ease, everything timed just right to the music, simply masterful, simply masterful.

:bow:ZHENYA, YOU ARE THE BEST!:bow:
:rock::love:GOOOOOOOO EVGENI!!!!:love::rock:

doug_log

On the Ice
Omg, thanks for posting that link, I just got through watching it, and am almost in tears. Misty-eyed here, but hanging on to my emotions, or at least trying to. :)

I honest to God felt like I was at that movies watching Clint Eastwood (aka Blondie) in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, that's how impressive & masterful & awe-inspiring it was to see Zhenya up on the big screen. What command, what self-confidence, what control he has -- unprecedented -- he really is The Master At Work. There will N E V E R be another like The Great Plushenko in figure skating again, he's just one-of-a-kind. I still feel chills.

I know I sound like an uber, lol, but perhaps I am? Seriously, that was a M A S T E R P I E C E. I cannot say it enough ~ music, choreography, jumps, spins, costume, etc. etc. etc. etc. ~ it all just flowed & jumped out onto me thousands of miles away here at home before my computer screen. Once again I say if I got chills this far away, I can't imagine what it must have felt like to see it in person. My only gauge was the two young ladies I saw standing (amongst the others) with this orgasmic look on their faces.;)

My only complaint, his PCS should have been higher, just a little (though if it had been up to me his PCS would have been almost as high as his TES). And that's the truth. He skates the *entire* rink, fast quick strokes, perfect technique on the jumps, low sit spins, turning from one direction to another with confidence & ease, everything timed just right to the music, simply masterful, simply masterful.

Nadine:

HA! Your post makes me smile.

I just posted on another site about how overrated Plushenko is! I love the passion that you have for your favorite, but he's just not my cup of tea.

You point out all his strengths - ones that I simply glossed over - so I thank you for bringing them to my attention. However, I stand behind my criticisms (poor posture, front-loading, spin positions, cockiness, poor choreography).

I really can't stand Plushenko, and you REALLY like him. I'm glad I read your post or else I would be going on an anti-Plushenko rant all afternoon.

To each his or her own!

- Doug E. Fresh

jennylovskt

Medalist
Plushenko SP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdT_2eE9gfw

Finally had the chance to see it for myself.. Hmmm, he was great on the jumps, untouchable..Spins are definetely not slow, they're ok. Unfortunetely this programme definetely lacks the spark he had on many previous programmes. It's purely desgined to win under the COP. I just love Plushy so much, I;'ll try to ignore this..

:biggrin:Me too. I don't like this program that much but one has to admire his athletic abilities. If he were not the King, who would?:bow::bow::bow:

I am very happy for him! (He used two fingers, one on each hand. So it must be OK this time.;))

Germanice

On the Ice
Plushenko

While I'm not impressed at all with his style of skating, the program and the choreography (as usual) I'm willing to appreciate his tremendous command and presence on ice, not to forget for having the courage and audacity to come back like nothing happened. :cool: