Pairs FS | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Pairs FS

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
It was thrilling.

I am a fan of beautiful, liquid dismounts from lifts, and in that respect, S&S are not enough for me, although I greatly respect their skating skills and the speed and certainty of which they are capable.

I am quite happy to see how well Russian pairs have developed, and I look forward in the future to the further development of Bazarova-Larionov; they look *very* promising to me.

I am a Kavaguti-Smirnov fan, so naturally, I am pleased by their win. I should like to see them improve on the transition between the two sections of their programme, before the Olympics. There seemed to be an awkward space in there.

Pairs are really getting to be good to watch again. What a pleasure!

figuristka

Medalist
No, no, no, the Russians are winning everything on this one. Wonder who'll win the ladies Leonova or Makarova? I'm cheering for Ksusha.

Yeah but i would have liked to see Irina Slutskaya back, would have added to the ladies field so much.

N

n_halifax

Another interesting surprise in a two week span of skating ups and downs... I can't say I am thrilled that Savchenko/Szolkowy didn't win this - but Kavaguti and Smirnov are a strong, capable team and do deserve it. Another twist in the road to make Vancouver all the more interesting and unpredictable! :agree:

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
congrats to K&S!!! they were great and this evening they totally deserved to win!!!
sorry for S&S, he was so sad on the podium... :(

definetely, I'm looking forward to vancouver (where I'll root for shen&zhao!!!)

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
An enjoyable night of skating, not quite as flawless as the short but impressive none the less. Dissapointed for M/T, where they really ten points and more behing K/S? I don't think so. I feel they were undermarked in both segments of the competition.

K/S have definitely established themselves as the Russian number ones. Thought the programme looked a bit awkard in places. I was thinking when they finished they hadn't done enough to be beat M/T but they done so easily.

In previous years S/S would have won gold with tonights performance, shows how much the gap has closed, again they looked a little surprised at the marks. I wonder how they will deal with the added pressure, the Olympics has gone from a battle between two to 5/6 pairs at this stage.

Enjoyed B/L she needs to get her jumps under control thought (like a lot of junior female pairs skaters), was very impressed by the Italians. Is Morozov out of shape?, he was really struglling out there at the end. Good to see the Swiss doing so well, hopefully they can built on this in the next few years.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
K/S finally get the Titles they deserve. It is good that Aliona and Robin were not held up here, they skate best when coming back from dissapointment so they should be on their game by Feb. I like K/S, really I do, she is like a little fairy but Aliona and Robin have to break the Russian streak. If another Russian pair wins the OGM, all the other teams will just quit one day. Really they will.

evangeline

Record Breaker
An enjoyable night of skating, not quite as flawless as the short but impressive none the less. Dissapointed for M/T, where they really ten points and more behing K/S? I don't think so. I feel they were undermarked in both segments of the competition.

K/S have definitely established themselves as the Russian number ones. Thought the programme looked a bit awkard in places. I was thinking when they finished they hadn't done enough to be beat M/T but they done so easily.

Yeah, I would say M/T were slightly undermarked, but that's probably the inevitable consequence of being the #2 team of a country...which is definitely an unenviable position for any skater, unless your name is Plushenko and your countryman rival is Yagudin, I guess.

But I think that maybe this is a good loss for S/S, as they seem to come back strong after a disappointing showing. Look at how they rocked the house at Skate Canada after the disaster that was Trophee Eric Bompard.

yqs100

On the Ice
hmmm.....

this result makes me laugh....

it's not figure skating anymore,,,,,K/S might be good performers in circus,,, but definitely not on the ice......the expression is just too much,,over the top

Can't see the connection between these two,,and the connection to the music...

Hope Aliona and Robin can forget the result,,and do their best in the olympics

Moxie

On the Ice
I'm sorry. I just don't care about K/S. But congrats to them.

But I think that maybe this is a good loss for S/S, as they seem to come back strong after a disappointing showing. Look at how they rocked the house at Skate Canada after the disaster that was Trophee Eric Bompard.

Also, Aliona was down with the flu not too long ago. So they should be better in February.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
It's nice to see K/S doing so well.

Waaaaaaait.

Is it just me or did K/S 's costumes look like S/S's from last year?

yqs100

On the Ice
It's nice to see K/S doing so well.

Waaaaaaait.

Is it just me or did K/S 's costumes look like S/S's from last year?

Yes,,, they do,,,,

look like S/S's or B/S's

seems like all in the final group in the olympics will be red for Pairs, Blue for Ladies

moon119

Spectator
I sense politiking......:cool:

Those awkward movements in the middle of the program, how did K/S score so high????!!!!!

I guess having Russian federation as your federation does help a lot.

Last edited:

yqs100

On the Ice
I sense politiking......:cool:

Those awkward movements in the middle of the program, how did K/S score so high????!!!!!

I guess having Russian federation as your federation does help a lot.

Agree,,,,, I dont think their performance yesterday was much better than what they did in GPF....

but the score is .....................,,,,,,,,

Hurry up Russian Fed...you only got less than one month to push hard underground.....