Thread: Cohen's practice sessions updates?

Hybrid View

Cohen's practice sessions updates?

I just thought I'd start a thread because Cohen should be putting in her first practice session today on Spokane ice. Anyone who has seen the live streaming or has updates, please feel free to post them! I am dying to know how it goes!

Arianne

Custom Title
    Lol, my whole schedule is up in arms, everything blown because I'm sitting here watching www.icenetwork.com (of which I'm a paid member), and they are announcing Sasha's practice group, of which they will be showing. Our first glimpse at the superstar Sasha Cohen on ice!

BRING IT ON, SASHA, BRING IT ON!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    they are announcing Sasha's practice group, of which they will be showing. Our first glimpse at the superstar Sasha Cohen on ice!

BRING IT ON, SASHA, BRING IT ON!!!!
    pls update the practice every now and then for poor ppl like me who lives the continent away.

Custom Title
    Sasha is wearing black spandex pants with a bright red tank top, hair in a ponytail, she warmed up with a great step sequence, beautiful Biellmann spin, and then later on did two 1/2 axels, then one full 1Axel without problem.

Music just got over for one skater (she skated to "Time To Say Goodbye").

Another skater's SP music is on, to be followed by SASHA COHEN!

Custom Title
    sashas triple jumps seems solid so far the fluts its not that obvious and her flip is good

sashas sp is comming up!!

Custom Title
    Darn, I must've missed that! Too busy surfing & posting, lol. Just waiting for Sasha's SP music to come on, NOW!!!!!!!!!!11

Custom Title
    Sasha was FAST.......sped down the ice into a perfect 3L/2T......then sped down the other side of the rink & fell on the 3F, but got right back up & proceeded into her other elements without problem. Gorgeous 2A, beautiful step sequence, another exquiste Biellmann spin, and the very best spiral sequence!

Very very good practice. Bodes well for Sasha in the SP.

GOOOOOOOOOO SASHA!!!!

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    She looks a little slow, but gooooorgeous! She could wear that leotard for her costume and it would be just fine.

Wow. She looks more focused than I've ever seen her be. And those muscles are bordering on dangerous. I hope she does well tomorrow and Saturday.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    Wow. She looks more focused than I've ever seen her be. And those muscles are bordering on dangerous. I hope she does well tomorrow and Saturday.
    She is nowhere near as muscular as joannie, watching that practice, I was thinking she looks borderline too thin. I doubt she weighs more than 90 pounds! Her jumps look a little higher than 2006 and her spirals are still gorg but i agree with whoever said that it will just depend on who is clean. The lutz is still pretty bad and the flip is her nemesis so we'll see.

Another thing, her biellman is weird looking, with her head sticking out. I think the way Mirai does it with her head back is much prettier. Sasha is decently fast compared to Caro, Alissa, and Rachael, but not so fast as Mirai and Ashley.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    She is nowhere near as muscular as joannie, watching that practice, I was thinking she looks borderline too thin. I doubt she weighs more than 90 pounds! Her jumps look a little higher than 2006 and her spirals are still gorg but i agree with whoever said that it will just depend on who is clean. The lutz is still pretty bad and the flip is her nemesis so we'll see.

Another thing, her biellman is weird looking, with her head sticking out. I think the way Mirai does it with her head back is much prettier. Sasha is decently fast compared to Caro, Alissa, and Rachael, but not so fast as Mirai and Ashley.
    I wasn't comparing her to Joannie, but to how she's looked in the past. Weight loss would certainly explain why her muscles really pop out at you now.

This is OT but Mirai is (a lot?) faster than Ashley, right? I've always gotten that sense watching on the tv.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    I wasn't comparing her to Joannie, but to how she's looked in the past. Weight loss would certainly explain why her muscles really pop out at you now.

This is OT but Mirai is (a lot?) faster than Ashley, right? I've always gotten that sense watching on the tv.
    Yeah she is but Ashley is the second fastest of the contenders, which doesn't say that much considering Caroline, Rachael, and Alissa are all prettyy slow.

Mirai looks really good in practice, very fast and athletic. Her skating kind of reminds me of Miki's, maybe because of the speed. She looks like she's gotten even taller since the fall.

Rinkside
    Regarding Sasha showing up (!) and skating well, Jack Buck said it best years ago when badly-injured Kirk Gibson hit a home run: "I don't believe what I just saw!"