Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Cohen's practice sessions updates?

Custom Title
    Those pictures are AWESOME! That's one thing I forgot to mention earlier today when I was posting, how incredible & fit she looks, simply put she is C U T! Reminiscent of Denise Biellmann in her pro days & even today!, as well as Joannie Rochette.

Lol, I've had a heck of a day trying to figure out a way for me & my 12 yr. old baby niece to attend the Ladies Final on Saturday. I went to orbitz to compare rates & the cheapest I could get is $259 roundtrip (which would be $518 for the both of us) via Alaska Airlines for Saturday only. The tickets aren't too bad via ebay, but the seats aren't great (aka section 201, nosebleed seats). :( And that's not counting incidentals (e.g. programs, souvenirs, concession food, taxi, etc.). Hmm, sounds like for one day only it would cost me $700+, so unfortunately looks like I will be watching it on IN. Darn, the rates at Amtrak are a whole lot better at only $58.50 x 2 = $117 roundtrip tickets for two, but the only glitch is that the earliest we would be able to board a train is at 8:50AM & then arrive in Spokane at 5:00PM, that's 8 hrs. 10 min., and the Ladies Final starts at 4:00PM! Darn, darn, darn, if only they had held it someplace closer to Seattle, like at the Tacoma Dome or over in Everett (where SOI is held). Heck, even that one place that's halfway between here & Spokane where I attended a pro/amateur competition back in 2000. Some far off place that only took me 3 1/2 hrs. to drive to (lol, speeding of course).

Back on topic:

GOOOOOOOO SASHA!!!!

Rinkside

Wow!

She has certainly not been just taking it easy this last year. She is in some seriously great shape. I LOVE her sprial! Beautiful!
    Last edited by skatemom8; 01-20-2010 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gsrossano
    no
    Really? In the you-tubes it looked like she was whizzing by the boards, to me.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Am I the only one who thought she looked a little slow?
    I thought she was flying.
    Seems I'm not the only one:
    “If you would have asked me about her before the practice, I would have said, Eh, she’s been gone too long,” said Brian Orser, Gao’s coach and a former Olympic medalist for Canada. “But after seeing her, I think she was great. In some ways, she’s better than before. Her speed and her jumps, like her double axel, are better. I saw a beautiful triple flip. I think she’s back in the hunt.”
    Link: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/21/sp...s/21cohen.html

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Really? In the you-tubes it looked like she was whizzing by the boards, to me.
    Not from my perch here in the arena. Decent speed in general, but slow in some things.

Now Mirai. She flew!

Wow. She looks more focused than I've ever seen her be. And those muscles are bordering on dangerous. I hope she does well tomorrow and Saturday.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    Wow. She looks more focused than I've ever seen her be. And those muscles are bordering on dangerous. I hope she does well tomorrow and Saturday.
    She is nowhere near as muscular as joannie, watching that practice, I was thinking she looks borderline too thin. I doubt she weighs more than 90 pounds! Her jumps look a little higher than 2006 and her spirals are still gorg but i agree with whoever said that it will just depend on who is clean. The lutz is still pretty bad and the flip is her nemesis so we'll see.

Another thing, her biellman is weird looking, with her head sticking out. I think the way Mirai does it with her head back is much prettier. Sasha is decently fast compared to Caro, Alissa, and Rachael, but not so fast as Mirai and Ashley.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    She is nowhere near as muscular as joannie, watching that practice, I was thinking she looks borderline too thin. I doubt she weighs more than 90 pounds! Her jumps look a little higher than 2006 and her spirals are still gorg but i agree with whoever said that it will just depend on who is clean. The lutz is still pretty bad and the flip is her nemesis so we'll see.

Another thing, her biellman is weird looking, with her head sticking out. I think the way Mirai does it with her head back is much prettier. Sasha is decently fast compared to Caro, Alissa, and Rachael, but not so fast as Mirai and Ashley.
    I wasn't comparing her to Joannie, but to how she's looked in the past. Weight loss would certainly explain why her muscles really pop out at you now.

This is OT but Mirai is (a lot?) faster than Ashley, right? I've always gotten that sense watching on the tv.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    I wasn't comparing her to Joannie, but to how she's looked in the past. Weight loss would certainly explain why her muscles really pop out at you now.

This is OT but Mirai is (a lot?) faster than Ashley, right? I've always gotten that sense watching on the tv.
    Yeah she is but Ashley is the second fastest of the contenders, which doesn't say that much considering Caroline, Rachael, and Alissa are all prettyy slow.

Mirai looks really good in practice, very fast and athletic. Her skating kind of reminds me of Miki's, maybe because of the speed. She looks like she's gotten even taller since the fall.

Rinkside
    Regarding Sasha showing up (!) and skating well, Jack Buck said it best years ago when badly-injured Kirk Gibson hit a home run: "I don't believe what I just saw!"

Where is RD? I can't wait to hear his comments on Sasha's return. lol

Medalist
    Don't we get practice videos of any of the other ladies. Seems everyone really was waiting to see what Sasha could do. This could shape up to be a tight race for those two spots.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Where is RD? I can't wait to hear his comments on Sasha's return. lol
    I was traveling today.

I've JUST had a chance to view a short clip of her practice video. We'll see what happens in the SP.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...l12MD/x610.jpg

What has she been up to? She and Joannie have to to sports bra ads or something together. What great shape these ladies are in!

http://moblog.whmsoft.net/zenphoto/e...t.l102904a.jpg

Ya'll just need to ignore it. aftertherain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...l12MD/x610.jpg

What has she been up to? She and Joannie have to to sports bra ads or something together. What great shape these ladies are in!

http://moblog.whmsoft.net/zenphoto/e...t.l102904a.jpg
    I can't see your second picture. =(

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast