Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Cohen's practice sessions updates?

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Yeah, that's more or less my position too. I don't want to jinx her! It's just wonderful that the little tiger is back. May she do all that she's capable of and let the chips fall where they may.

GO SASHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Score are so inconsistent, who knows how the US Ladies will be scored.
    Maybe NBC has "ordered" inflated marks to try and create interest

I hardly consider that scores have tightened since '09 Worlds
    I was referring to international events- Only Yuna is in the category of 76+ scores it seems. The US judges could Cohen that if they wanted to (like Plushenko in Russia- but I doubt they will do that)

And maybe not since 09 worlds, but certainly since 2003, and 2006.

ETA:

Laughable? Unlikely, perhaps - but RD, your predictive powers are a bit tarnished at the moment where Sasha is concerned. It might be wise to avoid sneers.
    Yes, I made a mistake. Fine. But that should not directly translate to my statement being completely off base. See what I said above about scoring

and BTW, the competition has not concluded yet. She has not yet taken the ice for her SP.
    Last edited by R.D.; 01-21-2010 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    http://www.justin.tv/skate_skate/#r=mWiCzg0and BTW, the competition has not concluded yet. She has not yet taken the ice for her SP.
    I give RD that much. He did say when she took her pose on the ice to start her SP he would belive it.

That has not happened yet,,,,,,,,,but the clock is ticking

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post

I'm sorry but if they were both at their best Yuna would definitely beat Sasha, by a lot. I mean, Sasha has a great shot at winning nationals, which I expect she will, and she even has a good shot at beating Joannie, Mao, Miki at the Olympics. But Yuna, no way.
    I don't think she can beat any of them , maybe if they falter, but not at their best.

Custom Title
    sasha did well in practice.
    like john states she stands up she is in.
    congratulations--just skate.
    not a fan-but when she is on-you can't take your eyes off of her.
    so goodluck

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    I don't think we should be comparing Sasha cohen to the rest just yet. Lets see how she does at Nationals. I just thought she has some great elements. As well, she adds an interesting dynamic to this event. She's got guts to enter. Let's enjoy!

Custom Title
    Unless Yuna messes up like she has several times this year. Anything is possible. Mao, Miki, Joannie all could have the skate of their lives and beat a nervous subpar Yuna.

Yuna's spirals have great edges and are very fast. Enough to get her level 4 I believe. Very average position and not to be compared with Michelle or Sasha.
    She gets level 4s with high GOEs, 1.20 most of the time, so clearly Yuna's spirals are GOOD. Tara Lepinski was commenting at SA and said when Yuna was doing her spiral sequence "Can't get better spirals".

I don't care how stretched Yuna's leg is she's still gorgeous and wonderful.

Yuna's spirals have great edges and are very fast. Enough to get her level 4 I believe. Very average position and not to be compared with Michelle or Sasha.
    Whether you can put your foot in your ear, so to speak, is only one feature for spiral sequences and is only be one bullet for GOE criteria. Most GOE criteria for spirals is more related to speed, flow, and edging (which is "why" Yuna gets good GOEs on her "average looking" L4 spiral).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    Whether you can put your foot in your ear, so to speak, is only one feature for spiral sequences and is only be one bullet for GOE criteria. Most GOE criteria for spirals is more related to speed, flow, and edging (which is "why" Yuna gets good GOEs on her "average looking" L4 spiral).
    Well, USFSA's guidelinje for making +GOE of single elemets are
    1.good flow, energy and execution
    2.good speed during sequence
    3.GOOD BODY LINE AND FULL EXTENSION
    4.MINIMAL DELAY BETWEEN SPIRAL POSITIONS
    5.GOOD FLEXIBILITY
    6.CREATIVITY AND ORIGINALITY
    7.ABILITY TO ATTAIN POSITIONS AND VARIATIONS QUICKLY AND EFFORTLESSLY
    8.ELEMENT MATCHED TO THE MUSIC STRUCTURE

I do not believe Yu-na's spiral sequence has no.3-8. But Sasha's has all of them.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    This thread is hysterical. After watching a couple of clips from a practice session at Nationals, there are some who believe Sasha Cohen will beat Yu-Na Kim. I have truly heard it all now. :chorus:

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    This thread is hysterical. After watching one practice session at Nationals, there are some who believe Sasha Cohen will beat Yu-Na Kim. I have truly heard it all now. :chorus:
    Yeah, honestly...and she's yet to COMPETE...

Anyway, only two hours...I'm beginning to feel the nerves already...THIS is the way watching skating should be

Custom Title
    I don't mind people comparing skaters, but how did this thread (one specifically about Sasha's practice reports) turn into a discussion of why and how Yuna's spiral sequence is good?

Haha, I'm really excited but nervous for tonight though. Go Sashaaaaa!

On the Ice
    does anyone know if the hall of fame will be before the sp? during it? thank you s much

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by herro View Post
    I don't mind people comparing skaters, but how did this thread (one specifically about Sasha's practice reports) turn into a discussion of why and how Yuna's spiral sequence is good?

Haha, I'm really excited but nervous for tonight though. Go Sashaaaaa!
    I am wondering about that too. Spirals are pretty but they don't determine the winner. It's more about the jumps, and Yuna definitely win out Sasha in that area.

Meanwhile in a parallel universe .... theresa's Avatar
    Sooooooo excited to watch Sasha tonight!! This is the first time in a couple years where I am really intent upon watching the females perform....

I have a question though, is there any link that I can go to see the live stream of the ladies sp? This link, http://www.justin.tv/skate_skate/#r=mWiCzg0, was posted before but it is for the European Championships ...

PLEASE HELP and I will be forever in your debt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast