Australian Aborigines Object to portrayal of their dances by DomShabs | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Australian Aborigines Object to portrayal of their dances by DomShabs

seniorita

Record Breaker
oh thank you a lot! I m pretty confused with all this info i read. Costume change will be good thing in any case.

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Being no expert in folk dances (from any region of the world) I will leave the arguing on that matter to those who might be qualified to do so. I am more interested in the reasons for Linichuk's concept and design of both this OD and the costumes used for it. I have no doubt that both were done to totally distract the judges and casual fans from the fact of Maxim's lack of mobility to perform at the highest level as in previous years. The outlandishness of the costumes and the mannerisms utilized within the dance both serve as a smokescreen to cover what is really transpiring on the ice... some pretty horrible skating.

Long before anyone saw the first glimpse of this original dance Natalia Linichuk was quoted on the Domnina-Shabalin official website <http://en.domnina-shabalin.ru/blog/> "It's a dance of the Australian Aboriginals: there are drums, mysterious voices." Recently she made a statement to the Russian media that the OD was not based upon the Australian Aboriginals culture but of the general world view of aboriginals. What horsecrap! She is attempting to backpeddle and further hide the truth. On top of that Linichuk attempts to blame her failure to research properly the nature of their so-called folk dance of the Ausralian Aboriginals, from the very culture it was intended to represent, on sabatoge. AFAIK this is totally disengenuous! What lack of respect. Complete hypocracy!